Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,868,656 Views | 38691 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by trouble
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Made the mistake of getting my first son (7/18/16) a bottle of blantons SFTB with his date on it a couple years ago. Wife said I had to do the same for son #2, 9/19/17 (first time my wife has asked me to buy bourbon so not arguing!) so I just dropped $135+15+5 on FB secondary for Blanton's with a green label. Don't even know what the heck it is but now I can stop worrying about finding a bottle, but I hate spending that much on bourbon that I may or may not get to try! And I can only imagine how badly I got screwed on secondary.
Blanton's Special Reserve. Prices are out of control so I just settle for store picks now.

Speaking of out of control prices, has anyone tried Jefferson's Pres. Select 16 Year twin oak? Thoughts?
the dude10
AG
Nope but I was just had a glass of my JPS 21 year rye and I really wish I had another bottle of that. It is damn good and it's almost empty.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Mid town cork dorks in Nashville is usually worth a stop.

When I was through last May they had 6-7 four roses picks plus two or three other store picks
tandrus
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Mid town cork dorks in Nashville is usually worth a stop.

When I was through last May they had 6-7 four roses picks plus two or three other store picks
Lots of good places around Nashville - some of my favorites is Cool Springs Liquor, Carothers, Grapevine, Brentwood Liquors, and Lighthouse.
tandrus
AG
Does anyone have a WLW and any of the PVW's that they're willing to part with? If so, I likely will be looking to buy some in the next month or so. Feel free to PM me if so.
FTAco07
AG
Had a taste of a few unique bourbons last week that you normally can't buy in the states. These are export only Blantons that a friend found in Miami after presumably being reimported.

I don't remember the exact number, but this barrel strength was north of 130 proof. I definitely needed a bit of melted ice for this to be drinkable.

This 103 proof was a great drinker either neat or with a king cube.
AggieBarstool
When you ask about PVW, are you talking about just the 15/20/23 year, or are you including the 10 year (ORVW) or 12 (VWFR) as well?

If interested, I'm can be convinced to part with a 2018 bottling of ORVW. I also have 2018 bottling of Blanton's if anyone is interested.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
I'll start the ORVW bid at $99
tx4guns
AG
Not bourbon, but Red Spot Irish Whiskey has hit the US. It's really good. Tried it in a bar tonight.
tandrus
AG
AggieBarstool said:

When you ask about PVW, are you talking about just the 15/20/23 year, or are you including the 10 year (ORVW) or 12 (VWFR) as well?

If interested, I'm can be convinced to part with a 2018 bottling of ORVW. I also have 2018 bottling of Blanton's if anyone is interested.

Was primarily looking for 15, 20, 23 but I'll shoot you a note.
tandrus
AG
tandrus said:

AggieBarstool said:

Was primarily looking for 15, 20, 23 but I'll shoot you a note.

Jk, wont let me PM you. What are you looking to get for it?
AggieBarstool
Sorry, don't have PM. I'm happy to chat off TexAgs: aggiejason05@gmail.com.

Not looking to make a killing, but would like to get something btw. retail and secondary.
tandrus
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Sorry, don't have PM. I'm happy to chat off TexAgs: aggiejason05@gmail.com.

Not looking to make a killing, but would like to get something btw. retail and secondary.
Shot you an email!
reveille23

Quote:

Red Spot Irish Whiskey
saw this yesterday at a store, and was curious. Can you give a tasting review 4guns? What is it comparable to? It's almost March, need to be looking for something for St Patty's Day festivities.
Habanero Guero
AG
PSA Twin Liquors started their dollar sale today.
agcrock2005
AG
Anyone know where some W12 is in DFW? Saw some go for $165 for a 750 yesterday on BSM. Thinking about starting a side business...ridiculous.
boboguitar
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Anyone know where some W12 is in DFW? Saw some go for $165 for a 750 yesterday on BSM. Thinking about starting a side business...ridiculous.
It's generally always going to be behind the register. You have to ask and most places sell their allotments the day they get it.

Good luck on the side business...not really sure where you're going to get the supply.
Ag_07
AG
Guys...Need a recommendation for a nice bottle of bourbon for a gift.

Looking to spend $100-200 but stay away from something I have to go on a wild goose chase to get. So something readily available at Specs, Total Wine, etc.

I'm a scotch drinker so I'm turning to you guys for help.
tandrus
AG
Ag_07 said:

Guys...Need a recommendation for a nice bottle of bourbon for a gift.

Looking to spend $100-200 but stay away from something I have to go on a wild goose chase to get. So something readily available at Specs, Total Wine, etc.

I'm a scotch drinker so I'm turning to you guys for help.
I'd say Wild Turkey Masters Keep would be a good option. Kentucky Owl as well.
Fall92
AG
I love the Whistle Pig 15 year (Blue label), which I believe is at the top end of your range. I wouldn't normally buy it but it was a gift and I really like it. I hear the 12 year (red label) is good as well. Note these are ryes though.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Just go to a liquor store and buy the only bottle in that price range. Specs might have a bourbon that expensive. Most liquor store wont.
SweaterVest
AG
Most of the bourbons that retail in that price range and are worth it are extremely hard to find and only available on secondary for ridiculous prices unfortunately. The WT Masters Keep is a good recommendation.
jh0400
AG
I'll second KO or WP15. Joseph Magnus could also be a good one to look at.
Fall92
AG
Curious what everyone's thoughts are on the Joseph Magnus? I have a bottle and it tastes like a twice baked MWND to me but not in a good way.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
tx4guns
AG
It's very tasty. Like candy apples in a bottle.
SpiderDude
AG
dmart90 said:

What do y'all think of these guys?

I subscribe to their channel. They do events around Austin tho I haven't been to any yet. I believe they do the whiskey sommelier school here as well. I looked into it but their price was ridiculous. For what you paid you could stock your own bar and teach yourself. Which is what i'm doing currently.
LawHall88
AG
reveille23 said:

Quote:

Red Spot Irish Whiskey
saw this yesterday at a store, and was curious. Can you give a tasting review 4guns? What is it comparable to? It's almost March, need to be looking for something for St Patty's Day festivities.
I'm convinced Irish Whiskey will be the next "big thing" in the U.S.
tx4guns
AG
Wrong. It's rum. Already happening.
the dude10
AG
How does red spot compare to green and yellow spot?
IBMs_Watson
Anyone willing or wanting to trade away 1792 Sweet Wheat / Port Finish / High Rye / Ridgemont Reserve?

I have the usual suspects: W12, OWA (old and new label), Blanton's, ECBP, and others to offer on my end.

Houston or Dallas in-person would be easiest. Shoot me an e-mail BuyMy2006MX5 at gmail dot com
tandrus
AG
Shot you an email.

If anyone has some W12 youd be willing to part with, please let me know.
tx4guns
AG
Just more complex and flavor-rich. I actually like the proof on Yellow Spot. Wish they had made this Red Spot at barrel proof. Rumors are that a Blue Spot 10yr may be next to complete the Spot series.
dmart90
AG
Bourbons I recently tried...

- Micters 10 Single Barrel - this was one of the best Bourbons I've ever had. Great nose, sweet flavor but not overly so. Really, really good. Nose just got better and better..
- 2017 Birthday Bourbon - kind of disappointing, bland taste and nose.
- Four Roses 130th - amazing, huge Four Roses fan. Great flavor and nose.
- EHT Four Grain - only had 1/2 a pour (last of the bottle). Great flavor profile.
Hudson2508
AG
Been sipping on this for 6 years, still tastes ****ing excellent. Paid $100 for it.

tandrus
AG
I just got one of these. I'm excited to crack it open soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.