Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,432 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by TexAgs1992
the dude10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As far as finding it, a lot of the stores that get in buffalo trace allocated products will get it, but just once a year I believe
AlaskanAg99
AG
I picked up a BP EHT randomly. They are out there. Wish I knew where I found it.
jh0400
AG
Thanks for the offer, but I haven't been doing much hunting since I broke my leg back in December. All of the bottles I have at home are open except for a Jefferson's Ocean Cask Stength and a WP Black Prince. I've always been more of a drinker than a collector, and the last four months have been all drinking and no buying.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Also got this today

First time at Oak Liquor Cabinet in Austin. It's a nice little spot a little high on some standard items but all their store picks were priced very well.

Picture looks worse than it did on my camera roll. It's an almost 10 year, OBSQ that's just over 110 proof.
TXAG 05
AG
Haven't seen EHT single barrel since I got one about 6 months ago. See the small batch every now and then and the rye pretty frequently.
Credible Source
AG
You're right around the corner from me then!
jh0400
AG
I snapped up three EHTSiB back in December off of HWE. There were quite a few that went up as people were selling their bunker bottles to by Christmas presents.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm staying down south actually just up that way to meet some people earlier.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I was down south for a homebrewing comp on Sat. 45 north was a mess due to construction so I checked out some breweries, the rum distillery (ok, rum, their whiskey blows...), And finally hit NASA liquor store. Picked up their EC release, the Underbelly was long gone. Very well stocked store.
bigevent99
AG
Bourbon guy moving to the UK. What should I be drinking over there that I can't get here?
jh0400
AG
Blantons Gold and SFTB
CharlieBrown17
AG
Blantons SFTB
AlaskanAg99
AG
Yeah...in case you want to ship some bourbon back...I'd love to pick up a green, gold, sftb.
62strat
AG
Dang just came across another blantons on the shelf. Picked it up, even though I haven't even cracked into the one I got a month ago! Gotta protect the supply.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have 1 open bottle. Usually try to keep a spare in the cabinet.
agcrock2005
AG
62strat said:

Dang just came across another blantons on the shelf. Picked it up, even though I haven't even cracked into the one I got a month ago! Gotta protect the supply.
Call me weird but I actually like Eagle Rare more than Blantons.
Wheatables02
AG
agcrock2005 said:

62strat said:

Not weird. Same here. I also like BT, Col. EHT, and many others more than Blanton's. Blanton's is more overrated than Henry McKenna IMO. Blanton's SFTB is good, but gold, SR, and regular aren't worth it to me.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I've only had gold but I'd agree I wasn't overwhelmed by Blanton's, would be curious to try SFTB.

EHT SmB and SiB are my favorite non BTAC offerings by Buffalo Trace. For whatever reason, I didn't really enjoy the pour of EHT BP I've had either.
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

agcrock2005 said:

62strat said:

Not weird. Same here. I also like BT, Col. EHT, and many others more than Blanton's. Blanton's is more overrated than Henry McKenna IMO. Blanton's SFTB is good, but gold, SR, and regular aren't worth it to me.

Some really weird takes in this post
aggielostinETX
AG
I am coming to CStat tomorrow with some Blantons Gold if anyone is interested.

I'll have 4 bottles. $125 bottle. Must be able to meet me near campus around 2pm.
CactusThomas
AG
Hmmm
aggielostinETX
AG
Barter!
Wheatables02
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Wheatables02 said:

agcrock2005 said:

62strat said:

Everyone's palates are different.

I think Blanton's is in full hype train mode right now. Cool bottle? Yep! John Wick? Hell yeah. Quality product? I don't feel at $59-79 or higher it is worth it or the hunt. I've had some bottles of SFTB that should almost be released as BTAC. I've had some that aren't any better than ECBP or EHTBP. I thought Gold was better than regular Blanton's and SR Blanton's was just meh. Again, different palates.

I was kind of all over the place earlier but I was trying to state that the hype train has reached McKenna 10 now. We've all debated it here and there over the last few months on this thread. I like it at $30. Will I hunt for it? Nope. Are people allocating it now? Yep and it pisses me off because it was a regular drinker for me.

Give me Buffalo Trace, EHT-Single Barrel, EHT-small batch, or Eagle Rare all day long over Blanton's.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Deats said:

I am coming to CStat tomorrow with some Blantons Gold if anyone is interested.

I'll have 4 bottles. $125 bottle. Must be able to meet me near campus around 2pm.

Where's home base? Please say Houston.
aggielostinETX
AG
Dallas... Text me.
Credible Source
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Carl Hungus said:

Wheatables02 said:

agcrock2005 said:

62strat said:

Everyone's palates are different.

I think Blanton's is in full hype train mode right now. Cool bottle? Yep! John Wick? Hell yeah. Quality product? I don't feel at $59-79 or higher it is worth it or the hunt. I've had some bottles of SFTB that should almost be released as BTAC. I've had some that aren't any better than ECBP or EHTBP. I thought Gold was better than regular Blanton's and SR Blanton's was just meh. Again, different palates.

I was kind of all over the place earlier but I was trying to state that the hype train has reached McKenna 10 now. We've all debated it here and there over the last few months on this thread. I like it at $30. Will I hunt for it? Nope. Are people allocating it now? Yep and it pisses me off because it was a regular drinker for me.

Give me Buffalo Trace, EHT-Single Barrel, EHT-small batch, or Eagle Rare all day long over Blanton's.

Not sure what John Wick means, but Blantons isn't just hype. Yeah, it's hyped by all the newbs and taters, but for a reason. I don't have to hunt at all for Blantons, and I pay $60, so maybe that gives me a different perspective. I agree on the SFTB being all over the place, I actually am not a huge fan. I think ECBP is way better. Blantons gold is the best of the bunch by far IMO. I've never had McKenna 10 so can't comment on that. Buffalo Trace is just a less aged, less complex mash bill #1 than EHT. I will agree with you that EHTsB is awesome. It's as good as Blantons always and sometimes better. Eagle rare is ok, I've got some as a daily drinker but it's nothing compared to EHT or Blantons. Very basic and no compexity. EHTBP is like SFTB to me, some great barrels, some not so great
John Francis Donaghy
Count me in the Blantons is overhyped crowd. Never got the appeal, it's definitely not bad by any measure, but it has the shortest finish of anything at its price point, by far. There are a half dozen readily available bottles I'd much rather buy for the same, or less, than Blantons.

Also, it's still very easy to find in other parts of the country. The only shortages or allocations of Blantons that I know of are in Texas. Not sure why Texas has gone so nuts for it.
Credible Source
AG
I don't get that either. I can buy Blantons every day of the week and I don't get how others can't. I also prefer several bourbons over Blantons in the same price range but they are harder to find for me
Chipotlemonger
AG
'Overhyped' is probably a perception some have because it is very well known across the board of drinkers, and gets brought up a lot. Don't think anyone would turn down a pour of it though.

And good point about regionality. The Texas market is different for Blanton's for some reason.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I enjoy Blanton's, wife loves it so she doesn't care as much when i chase others down.

All of bourbon is a ****show.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I saw a bottle of Blantons on the shelf in Katy yesterday. $59.99

Hands were already full of vodka and jim beam so passed.
62strat
AG
I've only just had blantons for the first time back in march, liked it, and since then have found it, and purchased it twice. This is in Denver area.

Not to say it's always sitting on the shelf, but I am far from a whiskey hunter, so it must relatively easy to find around these parts.

I also see those colonel taylor bottles all the time about any shop I go to.
aggielostinETX
AG
Have more Gold if anyone is interested.
752bro4
AG
In Dallas, I'll take one off your hands.
aggielostinETX
AG
Well, not doing that again
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.