Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,863,495 Views | 38665 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Pac1698
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah Greg was a good dude. Always wondered though because I never thought it was super crowded when I would go. FYI I still need to hook up with my brother but I will likely see him this weekend and get that bottle for you so we can meet up.
claybot
AG
Sounds good! Just let me know when you're ready
FTAG 2000
AG
Talk to me about Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition.

Good, great? Worth it at $100? And for perspective what's the secondary value?
FTAG 2000
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Yep and apparently all their allocated stuff was on shelves this morning. Major bummer. Everything remaining is 25% off. Some good store pick Russell's Reserve 10 Year Single Barrel and 1792 Single Barrel store picks left apparently. Might swing by after work. Major bummer. Loved that place

Yeah it was a little nuts. Got there about 11:15 and watched the last of the Al Young, EHT Barrel Strength, Stagg Jr, Birthday Bourbon, Kavalan, Hibiki walk out the door (granted I got a Stagg Jr and Hibiki, but know those aren't the true unicorns...).

HouseDivided06
AG
Went by that night after i got my 3 year old down to stock up on daily's. Ended up talking to Sorrel (think that's his name) for a good hour. I got an Angels Envy finished Rye for $64, 2 of the Russell's Reserve 10 year Single Barrel store pick for $38 each, 2 of the 1792 Single Barrel store pick for $29 each, and the last Knob Creek 25th anniversary for $105. Had heard it was significantly better than the 2001 and it absolutely is. Sorrel said they only got 6 bottles of Birthday Bourbon this year.
FTAG 2000
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Went by that night after i got my 3 year old down to stock up on daily's. Ended up talking to Sorrel (think that's his name) for a good hour. I got an Angels Envy finished Rye for $64, 2 of the Russell's Reserve 10 year Single Barrel store pick for $38 each, 2 of the 1792 Single Barrel store pick for $29 each, and the last Knob Creek 25th anniversary for $105. Had heard it was significantly better than the 2001 and it absolutely is. Sorrel said they only got 6 bottles of Birthday Bourbon this year.

I had the Knob Creek 25 in my hands, decided to skip out on that for some Kavalan. Haven't had the KC, good to hear it found a good home.

I got to see the last bottle of BB pulled out of the case he got (six bottles), had a conference call for work run long or I would have had one.
aad03
AG
I love all things Four Roses. If you are talking about the Barrel Strength, it's great stuff. Research their 10 unique recipes and understand the codes on the bottle so you have an idea of what you are buying. These should be around $50-60.

If you are talking about a true Limited Edition of Four Roses, $100 is a good deal, IMO. I know they put out limited editions of their small batch, and single barrel, and they are fantastic. I've had several of these when Rutledge was master distiller, but haven't tried anything since Elliott took over.
Class of '03
aad03
AG
I know someone tried to start a **********GIN************* page, but it never really got legs.

Is it still hip to drink gin, or did that fad come and go when everybody realized gin is actually disgusting?
Class of '03
John Francis Donaghy
aad03 said:

I know someone tried to start a **********GIN************* page, but it never really got legs.

Is it still hip to drink gin, or did that fad come and go when everybody realized gin is actually disgusting?

I like gin on occasion, but it's primarily a cocktail liquor. Martinis, negronis, gin and tonics, etc. Hard to have much in-depth discussion about a mixing liquor. Just buy whatever mid-range bottle floats your boat, and it'll be as good as any other.
HouseDivided06
AG
Good price on Kentucky Owl Rye? Have seen one for $199 which seems high
aad03
AG
I just think it's funny how certain spirits become fashionable to sip on. Just a few months ago I was hearing more and more people talk about how they really enjoy drinking gin. I was like "c'mon man, no you don't."
Class of '03
Chipotlemonger
AG
Are both blanton's and eagle rare difficult to find back in Texas? Unfortunate if so, sits on the shelf elsewhere!
keysercade
AG
Eagle Rare, no... Blanton's, yes
Farmer1906
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Are both blanton's and eagle rare difficult to find back in Texas? Unfortunate if so, sits on the shelf elsewhere!
Blanton's is. Eagle Rare usually isn't, but it seems less and less common lately. I need to stock up. Has anyone seen any store picks or single barrel lately?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
AG 2000' said:

Talk to me about Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition.

Good, great? Worth it at $100? And for perspective what's the secondary value?

Yes it's great, I'd say yes it's worth $100, and secondary value is likely around 225+

I lucked into one this week randomly... I'm gonna drink it.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Good price on Kentucky Owl Rye? Have seen one for $199 which seems high

$130 is (was) the going price around me...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Blanton's is. Eagle Rare usually isn't, but it seems less and less common lately. I need to stock up. Has anyone seen any store picks or single barrel lately?

If you see ER store picks, buy em. They discontinued their barrel program for 2018...
HouseDivided06
AG
Yeah that's what I was thinking I had read but couldn't remember. Just read some reviews on it this afternoon and not really interested at $130 even.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Been a while since I've looked through this thread, so sorry in advance. What is a bottle of Lot B 12 go for on the resale market these days? Looking to grab a bottle for my brother as a gift.
agcrock2005
AG
Wel Merry Christmas to some of you DFW folks. Randomly stopped into fossil creek liquor in north Richland Hills on Wednesday and lady asked what I was looking for. Told her the stuff she either sold out or or had hiding in the back. She laughed and said she was getting 4 cases of Blantons on Friday (today). Just went in there and guy said they didn't have any. I told him my story and he went and grabbed the lady and they had it in the office. Just came in today so there should be plenty. $65/bottle. Not too bad considering the demand.

On side note, right down the street I was getting gas and saw there was liquor store attached so I ran in while pumping and grabbed a weller antique. Said he only go 2 bottles the whole year. Good day so far! Will try for another Blantons tomorrow if you all haven't bought them all today.
aggielostinETX
AG
Snagged Blantons and OWA today. ETL was on the shelves but gone in minutes.
FTAG 2000
AG
Would really like to find some OWA. keep missing out when they show up somewhere.
agcrock2005
AG
What is OWA?

Nm. Just googled it and that's what I got today. What's a good price? I paid $45.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Was about $19 last year for the 1/5th
agcrock2005
AG
The 12 or the antique?
aggielostinETX
AG
$30
FTAG 2000
AG
You're in Dallas right? Did you find it at a certain GG's? If so trying to figure out if there is any left, when did you go by?
agcrock2005
AG
That's what I was thinking. I'm ok with the mark up. Hell, you can't find it anywhere.
aggielostinETX
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
AG 2000' said:

You're in Dallas right? Did you find it at a certain GG's? If so trying to figure out if there is any left, when did you go by?

Addison... see above they are out
Post removed:
by user
John Francis Donaghy
True Spirits had the last of their Knob Creek 25th Anniversery on the shelf this evening. I bought a few, but left 3 on the shelf at about 8pm. $105 each + tax. Someone might still be able to snag one or two if they go first thing tomorrow morning.
HouseDivided06
AG
Interesting i thought i grabbed their last bottle the other night from the back. Maybe they unboxed some more. It's pretty damn tasty. Everything I've read says it's what the 2001 should have been and wasn't.
aggielostinETX
AG
Have extra. PM for price but GG in Addison had them Wednesday
FTAG 2000
AG
Deats said:

It's yours. Text me tomorrow

Got your number, will be in touch tomorrow.

Thanks Deats.
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.