Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,752,832 Views | 37590 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by betadawg1
claybot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Belle Meade Sherry fans out there that want a 70% full bottle? I've tried it a few times and it's just really not my thing. Maybe you could bring me a sample of something tasty in exchange?

Let's keep it local - I'm in Dallas.
HouseDivided06
AG
How much do you want for it? I have the single barrel and have enjoyed it. Been curious about the sherry and the madeira both.
claybot
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

How much do you want for it? I have the single barrel and have enjoyed it. Been curious about the sherry and the madeira both.
Not really looking for cash. Maybe just a sample of something you have open? We can work something out. I mainly just want to make a little room in my cabinet.
dummble
AG
Anyone seen MWND on the North East side of Houston?
IBMs_Watson
I got skunked today looking for MWND in Houston. Specs got their shipment yesterday.

Better luck to the rest of y'all. Please let me know if you're up for trading.
Brad_97
AG
Would love to grab a sample of this myself should all parties agree. Can provide a sample in return, but have been curious to try this as I've generally heard good reviews. In DFW (mockingbird-75-ish)
dummble
AG
I found a shelf full this afternoon. I took two and left the rest. Ask on the FB group.
IBMs_Watson
I'm not on Facebook. I may have to change that because of this damn hobby.

Would you mind sharing over email?
BuyMy2006mx5 @ gmail . com
claybot
AG
Brad_97 said:

Would love to grab a sample of this myself should all parties agree. Can provide a sample in return, but have been curious to try this as I've generally heard good reviews. In DFW (mockingbird-75-ish)
HouseDivided and I have already worked out a deal, so you would have to see if he is up for it.
Fall92
AG
Picked up 2 OGD114 over lunch. Left a couple on the shelf for others.
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
You can go to a liquor store everyday and ask, or join facebook
FTAG 2000
AG
Are there other recommended bourbon groups, particularly for DFW? I'm on Dfw bourbon hounds but there's clearly other groups alluded to.

Was disappointed on the Bourbon secondary market to see the owner of a local store on there looking to trade ORVW. Guess I can cross getting something good from there off the list.
schmellba99
AG
jayelbee said:

What do you guys use to find out what's hitting Houston and when? I don't have Facebook so that one's out for me.

I don't have time to hunt whiskey like I used to work beer so any advantages I can get for home drinking are helpful. Unfortunately, this game feels like it goes to the traders 90% of the time.
You are a little low on your percentage there. Add another 9 or so percent and you are in the ballpark.
Fall92
AG
Noticed this week my local mom and pop store- where I've bought WLW, ECBP, W12 and MWND- now has stickers on their top shelf bourbon with a minimum number of "visits" required for purchases. They had 55 for Handy and 35 for ECBP. Only 10 was required for the MWND I bought this week.
Credible Source
AG
AG 2000' said:

Are there other recommended bourbon groups, particularly for DFW? I'm on Dfw bourbon hounds but there's clearly other groups alluded to.

Was disappointed on the Bourbon secondary market to see the owner of a local store on there looking to trade ORVW. Guess I can cross getting something good from there off the list.

Try bourbon finder and Texas whiskey and bourbon exchange. Weller fan boys is a decent page as well, not allowed to sell there so just news and finds. I think whiskey Collectables is one as well.
agcrock2005
AG
Anyone had this stuff? Buddy and I opened a bottle last night and weren't impressed. Bottle is cool as hell but bourbon was not good.
aggielostinETX
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Anyone had this stuff? Buddy and I opened a bottle last night and weren't impressed. Bottle is cool as hell but bourbon was not good.

Same exact conclusion. Supposed to higher end Noah's Mill/Rowan's Creek but not near as good as either.
jh0400
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I like RC and NM better, and I hate that particular bottle. It looks cool, but it takes up valuable space in my liquor cabinet. I drank the one I had as fast as possible to free up space for an extra bottle.
Ringo88
AG
It used to be a really good Single Barrel product. No more.
FriedTex
AG
Again, it's the little things these days - got 4 bottles of OF1920 for 38 bucks a piece. It's basically my new Bookers
BQRyno
AG
FriedTex said:

Again, it's the little things these days - got 4 bottles of OF1920 for 38 bucks a piece. It's basically my new Bookers
Great price for tasty juice!
tripperwill
AG
Whoa! Great price.
Ringo88
AG
Man, I'm coming home to Dallas for Thanksgiving this year. You guys keep making me think I need to load my car full of stuff from out here and have a TexAgs social. All of the Old Forrester products are 10 deep on the shelves in every Atlanta store. The distribution game is crazy.
aggielostinETX
AG
Ringo88 said:

Man, I'm coming home to Dallas for Thanksgiving this year. You guys keep making me think I need to load my car full of stuff from out here and have a TexAgs social. All of the Old Forrester products are 10 deep on the shelves in every Atlanta store. The distribution game is crazy.

What about Buffalo Trace stuff?
Ringo88
AG
Regular Buffalo Trace in a lot of places. Weller SR most all the time. With just a little effort, the other brands can be found if you're specific about it and don't walk in asking for "just anything special".
FlyFish95
Reading this thread makes me long for the old days.
Farmer1906
AG
Ringo88 said:

Regular Buffalo Trace in a lot of places. Weller SR most all the time. With just a little effort, the other brands can be found if you're specific about it and don't walk in asking for "just anything special".

I hate that you have to be specific. I could name 30 bourbons I'm "looking for" and still miss one id buy on the spot.
aggielostinETX
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ringo88 said:

I hate that you have to be specific. I could name 30 bourbons I'm "looking for" and still miss one id buy on the spot.

This.

ETA: and 99% of the time I would crack and sip to prove I am not reselling
Farmer1906
AG
I never thought of that, but I would too.
Vade281
AG
third coast.. said:

What airport? Also look for wt 8/101

I'm flying into narita
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Wheatables02
AG
RIP True Spirits.

My chances of getting a unicorn just went way down.
HouseDivided06
AG
Yep and apparently all their allocated stuff was on shelves this morning. Major bummer. Everything remaining is 25% off. Some good store pick Russell's Reserve 10 Year Single Barrel and 1792 Single Barrel store picks left apparently. Might swing by after work. Major bummer. Loved that place
aggielostinETX
AG
That's sux.
claybot
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Yep and apparently all their allocated stuff was on shelves this morning. Major bummer. Everything remaining is 25% off. Some good store pick Russell's Reserve 10 Year Single Barrel and 1792 Single Barrel store picks left apparently. Might swing by after work. Major bummer. Loved that place
I grabbed a Sweet Wheat and a Barterhouse this morning. One of the regulars who was buddy buddy with the owner walked out with an Al Young at $120. He had an OFBB too but told me he was holding it for someone. Also said their Four Roses store pick will now be going to Liquor Outpost in Allen.

Major bummer that they're closing. That was a great shop.
First Page Last Page
Page 273 of 1075

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.