Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,868,362 Views | 38689 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by rca21978
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't say you did, but I think in general you're probably considered greater Houston area. It's such a spread out metroplex.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Credible Source
AG
Jrod05 said:

Ya there was another store who had it at 400 that I turned down once. I'm going in on Tuesday to see this price but I imagine it's similar. I'm actually in cedar park/Leander I just say Austin thought you may want a C&S was it up here carl?

It was in the Wells branch area actually
the dude10
AG
Ahh probably Tejas liquor. Those guys mark stuff up like crazy. Usually get all the good stuff but it's not priced anywhere near reasonable
Brad_97
AG
Still working on being in Dallas full time but would be interested to be on the list for a future event. Thx.
BeardofZeus01
AG
I would defiitely be in for a DFW meetup if the interest is there. I'm unfortunately tied up the rest of the weekends in Feb, but am open to a discussion of future dates.
plowboy1065
S
To those that emailed me about joining the FB group I promise I will get you added. I was gone hunting this past weekend so using that as an excuse
dummble
AG
I think I would like to see what the fuss is about. how do I get on the email list?
Jrod05
AG
Well I bought it for 3. Got a weller 12 too for 50 and passed on angels cask strength. Had no idea on the value of that but i didn't have it on my want list for now. I over paid but I'm not going to store to store anymore so figured what the heck. If you had to choose from eagle rare 17, wlw, or George t stagg which would you buy?
TGoll09
AG
WLW
BeardofZeus01
AG
GTS would be my preference.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
third coast.. said:

and i am guessing that noone besides renoag is interested in a bourbon tasting/meetup this saturday?

Have to go to dinner with the in-laws Saturday...
plowboy1065
S
I would be but I have prior engagements already
Jrod05
AG
He is "getting them" but he has 3 locations and his "top" (I use quote because not sure if he is filling bs or not) clients at other store get first pick since I got the handy. I get second pick. I don't know how much I'm sure over secondary but I don't know that market he mentioned I think 600? He is a client of mine and just built a relationship not sure it's a good one if I pay that much. But I'll pay more so I don't have to go store to store. Am I alone that I feel bad paying a lot? I don't sell and I drink what I buy. I need help drinking all this so my sales team love it
Credible Source
AG
Jrod05 said:

He is "getting them" but he has 3 locations and his "top" (I use quote because not sure if he is filling bs or not) clients at other store get first pick since I got the handy. I get second pick. I don't know how much I'm sure over secondary but I don't know that market he mentioned I think 600? He is a client of mine and just built a relationship not sure it's a good one if I pay that much. But I'll pay more so I don't have to go store to store. Am I alone that I feel bad paying a lot? I don't sell and I drink what I buy. I need help drinking all this so my sales team love it

I don't feel bad. If you put the work in and truly obsess you can find these great bottles for original retail and that's great! Me personally though, I always do a time vs money analysis, which do I have more of? In this case, its money. If I find a bottle I really want and the price is higher than it should be, I might buy it because I want it, and I can. If it's outrageous I'll pass, I'm not an idiot, but supply and demand makes the world go round, and I don't mind sometimes.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yeah don't feel bad. I paid $245 for a 200ml bottle yesterday.
Jrod05
AG
I agree.

@thirdcoast I think that is what he is doing as well.

It seems you know the price point on those, what are the prices of those bottles?
RenoAg
You Htown degenerates disappoint me. Priorities fellas!! Don't make me crash the Dallas gathering.
BQRyno
AG
RenoAg said:

You Htown degenerates disappoint me. Priorities fellas!! Don't make me crash the Dallas gathering.
Most any other weekend and I'd haul my mediocre bottles down from the southwest side, believe me!
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

i dont think any of those are $600 bottles on the secondary market, so i wouldnt pay that. if he is a store owner and still waiting to get those bottles, he is buying them secondary and then selling them in his store.

WLW $600 now on secondary. I wouldn't pay that.

GTS16 is 475. ER17 is $525. THH is 300.
Post removed:
by user
Daytona22
AG
Most places I have seen it is in the range of $575-$600 for the WLW.

Wheatables is right on the rest of them above.
AggieChemist
AG
third coast.. said:

you can get a handy for 275.

I got one for free in the shower this morning.
Fall92
AG
Tried EWSB last night. Pleasantly surprised. Definitely a great value.
plowboy1065
S
dummble said:

I think I would like to see what the fuss is about. how do I get on the email list?
Shoot me your email to me at username @ gmail.com
BQ78
AG
Silly, you can't pay yourself so of course it was free.
Credible Source
AG
AggieChemist said:

third coast.. said:

you can get a handy for 275.

I got one for free in the shower this morning.

Did you return the favor or leave him hanging?
schmellba99
AG
third coast.. said:

and i am guessing that noone besides renoag is interested in a bourbon tasting/meetup this saturday?

I would be, but odds are I'm going to be at some softball tournament and doing honey doo's.
Jrod05
AG
how do I know what year this handy is?
showtime
AG
should be able to match the proof with a list from the BTAC website.
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.