Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,215 Views | 38542 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by HouseDivided06
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
plowboy1065 said:

Just stopped at Twin Liquors in Spring and they had Bookers for $55. Couldnt pass up another bottle before the ridiculous price hike

How many people are going to buy Booker's for $99 knowing it's the same stuff in the bottle as before? They're going to sell it for that as long as people are dumb enough to buy it for that.
plowboy1065
S
I'm out after the bottle I purchased today unless I find one that was never marked up
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
third coast.. said:

and of course i dont get home until the 1st and wont be able to pick up any, if this is indeed the case.
I'm actually making a run to the store today to pick up a bottle to pay off my debt from the bowl game, if you want me to grab you one just because, let me know.
Fall92
AG
Alright- what's everyone drinking tonight? Thinking of Stagg Jr, Old Scout 11 and Cotton Hollow 8. Wish I had me some BTAC!
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Picked up the last bottle of bookers at the loca specs for $49. Had no clue the price was going up until reading this thread - very disappointing as it's one of my favorites that I can usually somewhat find.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
How does one even find BTAC? Just another bourbon that I can only find at high end restaurants.
Farmer1906
AG
We killed half a handle of wellers 12 last night.
Wheatables02
AG
Going to try my 2014 George T Stagg sample!
FriedTex
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

How does one even find BTAC? Just another bourbon that I can only find at high end restaurants.

Got to pick a store, build a relationship with the owner, then get lucky
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Opening a 70s-era Old Grandad to have with Alaskan King crab legs
RenoAg
Thinkin bout crackin an older bottle of weller 7 yr that is Stitzel Weller juice. It'd be my first certain taste of pure SW. The 2014 PVW 23 I had a pour of might or might not be. Debatable.

Life's short right? Do it!
the dude10
AG
It goes against this thread a bit but tonight I am going to a buddy's house who really likes Irish whiskey. Bought him his first bottle of green spot and I am interested in trying it as well. Also going to take a few different FRSB private select recipes, maybe a willet rye, EHT barrel proof and maybe something not so good for everyone else to mix.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Scored a bottle of Dic kel 17 Special Reserve this week ... going to enjoy it with my pops (another Dic kel homer). Cheers and Happy New Year!!
Daytona22
AG
Wheatables02 said:

I'll be cracking my sample open tonight as well! Glad it got to you too.

Then we will move on to Barrell Bourbon New Year, rebel yell, and OF1920 prohibition. Will be a good evening with friends.
FriedTex
AG
William Larue Weller tonight
bonfiresmoke
Scored two half gallon bottles of Willet in Louisiana tonight. Left one on the shelf. Me and brother in law working on one for New Years. Happy New Years everyone.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
third coast.. said:

i want to sell a bunch of my stuff to buy a watch

You should have.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Wheatables02 said:

So how was the '14 GTS?
Wheatables02
AG
Fantastic. Really great nose despite the proof and the finish is nothing but dessert with a slight alcohol burn that reappears at the end. I drank some Stagg Jr. afterwards to compare and Stagg Jr. has a similar taste at first , but then it immediately goes away into a totally different animal. GTS is light years above Stagg Jr.

Glad you finally got a Dickel 17.
Post removed:
by user
TwoTimeAg
AG
I am starting to think the same thing...got several bottles from 2009 (Pappy 23, Pappy 15, Lot B, Stagg) that I am starting to think it might be time to part with.
FriedTex
AG
I gotta say, I have two 3L mini barrels and filling am them with Evan Williams Bottled in Bond for 3 months really helps deal with the bourbon craze. IMO - it makes a 12 dollar bottle of bourbon taste like 40+
Jrod05
AG
Is col. Taylor rye any good?
TBomb06
AG
Jrod05 said:

Is col. Taylor rye any good?

Yes. It's quite good especially for a straight rye (as compared to a finished rye). Total Wine had some the other day for ~$65 which is a great price.
claybot
AG
I just scored a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 yr. today for one last hoorah ... sad to see it go.
Jrod05
AG
I saw a big bottle of the eliaj Craig 12 but it didn't show the year on the bottle the tag said it was. Is that how it is now? I think this was covered but wasn't sure. Kind of new at this other than drinking basil Hayden which is my goto
John Francis Donaghy
Jrod05 said:

I saw a big bottle of the eliaj Craig 12 but it didn't show the year on the bottle the tag said it was. Is that how it is now? I think this was covered but wasn't sure. Kind of new at this other than drinking basil Hayden which is my goto

Used to be 12 years old. Recently changed the blend to include younger barrels, and rebranded to Elijah Craig Small Batch. If it has the big red 12 on the front it's the 12 year old stuff, if not check the paragraph on the back, if it says "aged for 12 years" in the forst sentence or two it's the 12 year old stuff.

If the paragraph doesn't mention any particular age, then it's the new younger blend. Only 12 year old bottles left at this point are the ones that have sitting on store shelves since before the recipe change.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Bookers has allegedly changed their price increase and will increase it gradually with $10 this year. Msrp should now be $69.
FriedTex
AG
Hahaha. Bunch of jerks, advertise big price jump to clear stock and then put at a price people will still contemplate in the future
schmellba99
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Bookers has allegedly changed their price increase and will increase it gradually with $10 this year. Msrp should now be $69.

Just coming to post this.

https://thewhiskeywash.com/bourbon/bookers-bourbon-price-bump-backpedaled-beam/

Either brilliant marketing, or they really got some backlash. I am leaning to marketing - cant argue that it didnt work.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Interesting.

I paid $68 for a bottle on 12/30 at the store by my house. Thought I'd grab a bottle at the lower price based on the recommendations here that it's decent at that price range but not worth the $100.

The owner of my store was unaware of the coming increase, but based on the conversations I've had with him the last 2-3 times I've been in there, I may well know more about bourbon that he does just from reading this thread.

I'm not a collector, as I generally buy a bottle, drink it and move on to try something else. But this may be the first bottle that I hold back.
First Page Last Page
Page 209 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.