Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,440 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by rca21978
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
8800. Wow. That's Booker's Rye Numbers. Hope to get my first one.
FriedTex
AG
Let's change up the conversation a bit.

What's the last best bourbon you have had?

I'll say Makers Mark Private Select was pretty great. 111.5 proof and delicious all the way through
plowboy1065
S
GTS that I tasted at Aggiemike's house. Not sure what year it was but dang it was good. I love barrel proof's and this was something else
Wheatables02
AG
Elijah Craig 18 and SAOS SB BP 11 yr 86 proof.

Hoping to get to taste better stuff after hunting this fall!
Ringo88
AG
Michters 20 yr. Instantly recognizable as old Stitzel-Weller stock.
tx4guns
AG
Best bourbon I've had this year is 2014 Stagg.
superunknown
AG
My old Weller antique that's been in a barrel for the last 3 months is pretty tasty.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Best bourbon recently is my true love FR 125 and for scotch my Yam 18
oneoutofmany
AG
quote:
Yep, been sipping on my last bottle sparingly. Will be sad when it's gone.
aggiemike89
AG
quote:
GTS that I tasted at Aggiemike's house. Not sure what year it was but dang it was good. I love barrel proof's and this was something else
That is a 2012 release plowboy and my favorite as well. I"ve got one more bunkered up. Come over again and we'll open a 2014 and compare the two. I haven't opened any of those yet.
jsn1986
AG
quote:
Same here. I will get my hands on another bottle one of these days.
the dude10
AG
So I might have an in on a bottle of bookers rye. I know the question of "is it worth the price?" is very dependent on your budget, etc. I have never tried a beam produced rye and don't have a clue what the bookers rye might compare to. That being said, what is the opinion of you guys who scored a bottle?
RenoAg
quote:
So I might have an in on a bottle of bookers rye. I know the question of "is it worth the price?" is very dependent on your budget, etc. I have never tried a beam produced rye and don't have a clue what the bookers rye might compare to. That being said, what is the opinion of you guys who scored a bottle?

I'm no expert on ryes but people that I trust and are not usually given to hyperbole or cheap praise say it is spectacular.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm no expert on ryes but people that I trust and are not usually given to hyperbole or cheap praise say it is spectacular.
which is why i cant believe you passed on it.

At the time I'd never tried a rye that I liked. Not even a slight bit. Since then I've had some of a 2015 Handy, 2014 Sazerac and a 2014 Van Winkle Rye. All were delicious. Guess maybe I'm just a rye snob. Ha! Also makes you a lucky fella.
RenoAg
And for my best pour of the year - I don't know about best but the most impactful was trying that early 70s OGD. Opened my eyes to a whole new world I didn't know existed.
Post removed:
by user
RenoAg
Allow me to give a positive review of Blantons Straight From the Barrel. Then again I'm more of a wheater kind of guy. Started with a pour of ORVW tonight. Just because. It's good. I really enjoyed it. Not going to recommend the $300 secondary price though. Moved on to the SFTB after that. Better value even at the $150 or so secondary price. Pretty sure its only available for retail overseas. But not certain.

Buzz on my bourbon bros. BUZZ ON. And folloedby some 4 roses batrel strength obsq
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I started out with some '85 WT 8/101 then went to the SFTB. Awesome combo last night, not as much in the gym this morning...
Fall92
AG
Liquid Town in Corpus has EHT small batch and single barrel.
Stan Crowch
AG
Just picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel proof batch #11...anyone tried it?
plowboy1065
S
Yep it's phenomenal
Stan Crowch
K Bo
AG
quote:
Liquid Town in Corpus has EHT small batch and single barrel.

As does Goody Goody in Houston. I grabbed, what looked like, their last Barrel Proof.
plowboy1065
S
Woodway location?
K Bo
AG
Yep!
plowboy1065
S
You must of gotten the bottle I called about. Is it the 129?
FriedTex
AG
Had a pour of the Knobb Creek 2001 tonight - really good, idk if it's 125.00 good, but really good
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I don't know why, but I'm not thrilled with the EHTBP. Much prefer the latest releases of Stagg JR. over it. I realize I'm in the minority on this but I'm just not impressed.
Post removed:
by user
K Bo
AG
RenoAg
quote:
I don't know why, but I'm not thrilled with the EHTBP. Much prefer the latest releases of Stagg JR. over it. I realize I'm in the minority on this but I'm just not impressed.

Depends on which one you are drinking. I agree with you about the latest release of 127.5. I've had a pour of the 134.5 and it was excellent.
RenoAg
quote:
i ended up with two more, all of which are patiently awaiting my return to the other side of the world.

I actually got lucky and won a bottle of the Bookers Rye in a raffle last night. Gonna keep this one as a drinker. In the event I don't like it (unlikely) I'll have to bring it to an Htown tasting event.
Post removed:
by user
Stan Crowch
AG
Went back and picked up the other bottle of ECBP. If any body wants it pm me .
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.