Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,680 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ryeguy
Shaggie 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$116.95 - all batch 3.
Wheatables02
AG
What did they charge for bookers rye? I'm surprised spec's isn't allocating all that.
Shaggie 05
AG
Everything was at suggested retail if you paid cash/credit. 5% over if credit.

I happened to overhear two employees talking on my way out when one asked the other if he got a Blantons from the big shipment of good stuff. Immediately turned back around and went straight to the whiskey guy and he gave me one of each. He did say he wasn't sure how they'd handle four roses Elliot's select when they got it.
Ringo88
AG
You are not implying that you picked up a Booker's Rye off the shelf, are you?

That would be your bourbon find of a lifetime. That stuff dropped quietly and there's a ridiculously short supply of it.
tx4guns
AG
I must have hit the lottery then... Actually bought a 5th one just a couple days ago. In my top 3 ryes I've ever tried, so no they're not for sale. Lots of work went into finding them, and getting to know your local store owners can really help out in finding limited releases.

Wheatables02
AG
I bought 2 off the shelf and traded one for an EHT seasoned wood + EHT Barrel Proof. I am keeping the other.
FriedTex
AG
Alright .... no work tomorrow, what are you drinking?

Booker Noe's Secret tonight for me. Awesome, awesome juice
FlyFish95
'14 GTS
Ringo88
AG
Impressive, gents. Despite the usual great shopping hauls here in northern GA, the Booker's Rye has been non-existent. I heard from two sources that only 38 bottles came through the Atlanta area distributor's hands. Anyone wanting to trade will demand my attention.
Mathguy64
AG
Just poured out about 3 fingers of OGD114 that spent 6 weeks in a barrel.

I know it's a day early but I'm at a yard party with friends, Cue and Bourbon. God Bless the U. S. mo fo'in A!
Mathguy64
AG
Damn thick fingers.
tx4guns
AG
Ringo,

Email me. info@1911-grips.com
FriedTex
AG
Just finished a bottle .... Curious what I'm moving onto next

I'm thinking Stagg Jr (I'm dancing with the devil tonight)
BeardofZeus01
AG
Elijah Craig BP ... 139.4 bottling with a former Ag roommate. First pour was neat, had to splash the second and third pours with water. Great stuff but definitely has a bite.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Rock Hill Farms right now. Going with Elmer T Lee then Hancock's after to compare the different tastes with the similar mashbills.

Thanks for the Rock Hill cjaetzold. Hope you like the ECBP.
the dude10
AG
So far old scout single barrel cask and weller 12. Planning on doing a side by side tasting of the Willet 2 and 3 yr ryes.

Earlier today I cleaned out my whiskey cabinet because I needed to add support to the shelves as they were starting to sag. I took sips out of quite a few favorites as I pulled them out. Counted up my total bottles and I was quite surprised at the number. Now that my wife drinks bourbon also I have nobody to keep me in check and have gotten up to 95 bottles. Still planning on finding a few more soon as well so that number will probably reach 100 soon.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Happy to oblige Wheatables and a thanks to you as well. ECBP has certainly met expectations and I'm grateful for the second bottle as this weekend has taken its toll on the first to the tune of 3/4 consumed.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
So far old scout single barrel cask and weller 12. Planning on doing a side by side tasting of the Willet 2 and 3 yr ryes.

Earlier today I cleaned out my whiskey cabinet because I needed to add support to the shelves as they were starting to sag. I took sips out of quite a few favorites as I pulled them out. Counted up my total bottles and I was quite surprised at the number. Now that my wife drinks bourbon also I have nobody to keep me in check and have gotten up to 95 bottles. Still planning on finding a few more soon as well so that number will probably reach 100 soon.

Nice. I broke the 100 bottle mark a few years ago. And the collection just keeps growing, necessitating more shelves, and more closet space.

But all in all, It's a pretty great problem to have.
Farmer1906
AG
100 bottle mark? I am still in single digits for bourbon (I drink them as I get them). I have a dozen or so other stuff that I've gotten as gifts or bought for certain occasions, but I don't think I will ever get in the 90s.
Wheatables02
AG
Don't judge. It happens quick and fast. I went from 4-5 bottles in 2015 to about 60 at the present time. You'll keep finding things you want to try and you'll pay 40 for a bottle instead of 12 to try it at a bar.
FriedTex
AG
I'm at 30 and am good there, (I drink my stash not store it for resale. )

I want to see a pic of tex4guns bunker bc I think he is in the 200+
Wheatables02
AG
Moved on from the BT mash bill and had the ECBP 138.8 based on cjaetzold consuming almost an entire bottle.

I rank them 1)ETL 2)Hancocks 3)RHF

Just left fireworks with wife driving and deciding on what to try next. I've got an unopened forged oak I haven't tasted yet...
John Francis Donaghy
Ha, I assure you I wasn't judging anyone. I'm right there with y'all.

Also, to clarify, my bar in total is over 100 bottles, not just bourbon, although many of them are. I also have a large collection of scotches, along with regular bar stock of the other basic liquors for cocktails.

And I don't hoard for resale either, almost everything air have is open at any given time save for a few of the harder to find ones that are stockpiled for when the open one runs out.

Like wheatables said, I find that I rarely by drinks when I'm out at bars and restaurants anymore since I have a better home bar than even most of the high end steakhouses in dfw. I just buy what I want, and then I have it when I want it.
tx4guns
AG
I'm back up to around 150 unopen bottles now and around 40 open. Glad my wife likes whiskey, too.
Brad_97
AG
Pappy in the wild sighting. Was just sitting on the shelf next to some Blantons.

Unfortunately priced above what I was willing to pay.

2 bottles of Lot B for 499. I bottle of 15 y/o for 999

Is that secondary plus or minus?

Northern Cali.

Driving toward the Great State from Washington and hitting up liquor stores on way. No one has Weller 12 on the West Coast either....
Wheatables02
AG
Both around $110 + above secondary for recent releases.
RenoAg
quote:
Pappy in the wild sighting. Was just sitting on the shelf next to some Blantons.

Unfortunately priced above what I was willing to pay.

2 bottles of Lot B for 499. I bottle of 15 y/o for 999

Is that secondary plus or minus?

Northern Cali.

Driving toward the Great State from Washington and hitting up liquor stores on way. No one has Weller 12 on the West Coast either....

For 2015 bottles on the secondary market Lot B is right at $400 and PVW15 is $800-$850.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
I'm at 30 and am good there, (I drink my stash not store it for resale. )

I want to see a pic of tex4guns bunker bc I think he is in the 200+

I am only around 40 or so myself. In my defense, I like to think my modest collection is above average in terms,of quality. I also have a few bottles of some good rum and a handful of good Irish whiskey mixed in as well.

As long as tx4guns doesnt laugh in my face when he comes over, I feel good about mine. I dont play in the market nearly as heavily as some others either. (Dont do a whole lot of searching, dont really know any store owners, etc - just buy a good bottle here and there and dont drink as much as some).
steve00
AG
It took two years, but I finished my first full set of BTAC, so now I have a cool set of water glasses.

Time to start working on the next set.
CMP-00-
AG
Anybody have a recommendation for best mobile app to log/rate bourbons/whiskeys?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
iehly06
AG
Distiller
plowboy1065
S
I use one called Distilld which is just for whiskey and bourbons
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Second this. You can also log and save your collection and put in a wish list
Vade281
AG
Distilld is really buggy on my droid phone. Distiller works well but I'd rather have a simple program lol. Hopefully Distilld starts working better!
First Page Last Page
Page 175 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.