Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,871,289 Views | 38730 Replies | Last: 32 sec ago by trouble
BeardofZeus01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agree to disagree. regardless of our personal preferences, they are both fantastic. enjoy your haul Reno ...
Wheatables02
AG
quote:
Just "won" a charity auction. Happy to donate anyway. But now I have 50 ml samples of 2003, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 George T Stagg coming. Plus a couple additional samples of some other good stuff. I'm not sure yet what they are. Looking forward to sippin on what most say is some good juice. I've never tried any GTS yet. I'll be sure to give my reviews later sometime.

Just informed he is adding samples of 2014 William Larue Weller and 2012 Parker's Heritage Master Distillers Blend.

Wow! And I fully expect to have an occasion to open my bottle of 2013 PVW20 this summer too. Never tried that either. I might look back on this years from now and have to call this the summer of bourbon. 2016 was a glorious summer.....
BSM facebook? Congrats either way!
plowboy1065
S
I have a buddy that's won some pretty high dollar bottles from playing lotteries in some of the FB groups. I've won a few but nothing pricey
Whoop04
I am driving through Kentucky in about a week. Is there a bourbon related can't miss spot along the way that wouldn't cost me too much travel time?
FriedTex
AG
quote:
I am driving through Kentucky in about a week. Is there a bourbon related can't miss spot along the way that wouldn't cost me too much travel time?

Do the whisky connoisseur tour at Heaven Hill - get some great pours for a cheap price. There gift shop usually has nicer bottles too and Willet is right across the street and they sometimes have high end bottles for sale too
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Best readily available Rye?

As was mentioned on the last page in response already, Rittenhouse.

Just had a pour over some ice tonight, damn good. I've now had it on the rocks and as an Old Fashioned base. Prefer this one by itself and some other bourbons for Old Fashioneds.
tx4guns
AG
I'm gonna go with Pikesville. A little more expensive, but it's really good.
Daytona22
AG
Yeah I've won a few of them as well. Bad part is that I won the first few times I did it and poured a ton more money into it and lost a lot. Haha should quit while you're ahead. The gambling motto I still need to learn. I did get a full vertical of Orphan Barrel out of the deal though!
RenoAg
quote:
quote:
Just "won" a charity auction. Happy to donate anyway. But now I have 50 ml samples of 2003, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 George T Stagg coming. Plus a couple additional samples of some other good stuff. I'm not sure yet what they are. Looking forward to sippin on what most say is some good juice. I've never tried any GTS yet. I'll be sure to give my reviews later sometime.

Just informed he is adding samples of 2014 William Larue Weller and 2012 Parker's Heritage Master Distillers Blend.

Wow! And I fully expect to have an occasion to open my bottle of 2013 PVW20 this summer too. Never tried that either. I might look back on this years from now and have to call this the summer of bourbon. 2016 was a glorious summer.....

Yep. Been following it for several months trying to ascertain who I could trust to buy a few PVW and BTAC bottles from. I have a decent sense now of who is legit. Now just waiting on a large bonus I'll be getting in a few weeks. Then it is time for a bourbon spending spree!
bevokilla
AG
quote:
quote:
Best readily available Rye?

As was mentioned on the last page in response already, Rittenhouse.

Just had a pour over some ice tonight, damn good. I've now had it on the rocks and as an Old Fashioned base. Prefer this one by itself and some other bourbons for Old Fashioneds.
I was looking for something I could drink on the rocks or in a Sazerac which is my go to cocktail
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep. Been following it for several months trying to ascertain who I could trust to buy a few PVW and BTAC bottles from. I have a decent sense now of who is legit. Now just waiting on a large bonus I'll be getting in a few weeks. Then it is time for a bourbon spending spree!
Approx how much do bottles like that sell for on Facebook?
tmas
AG
Recently had some Barterhouse from Orphan Barrel. 20 years, great stuff!

Anyone had any of the Orphan Barrels? I'm looking for a place to buy some.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Specs on Smith in Houston had some Forged Oak last week.
RenoAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Approx how much do bottles like that sell for on Facebook?

4 to 5 hundyish. For the GTS.
CrottyKid
AG
Gonna try my hand at making a mint julep for the derby. My whole neighborhood is having a derby party.
iehly06
AG
So I broke down and picked up a bottle of the Spec's 4R barrel pick OESF recipe. I have been a fan of the other low rye mash bill picks I've had but I haven't had the OESF recipe. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
iehly06
AG
that almost seems reasonable after the prices I saw in stores in San Diego last week. They wanted 800.00ea for the GTS or WLW they had on the shelf. Made the ETL on the shelf for 170.00 seem like a bargain.
FriedTex
AG
quote:
So I broke down and picked up a bottle of the Spec's 4R barrel pick OESF recipe. I have been a fan of the other low rye mash bill picks I've had but I haven't had the OESF recipe. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

You may like it, but it's my least favorite yeast string. Too "bright" and "spicy" for me. But I don't like Rye's bc of that either
plowboy1065
S
Trade a '15 Birthday Bourbon for a Blantons SFTB that another Ag had. He threw me in a sample of Blantons Gold. Can't wait to taste each one side by side
Wheatables02
AG
anyone know a good bourbon bar in downtown fort worth or west 7th area?
'03ag
quote:
anyone know a good bourbon bar in downtown fort worth or west 7th area?
http://theusualbar.com/

or silverleaf if you need downtown or west 7th specifically.
Hudson2508
AG
A heads up for the Austin Bourbon drinkers, Deb's Liquor at Braker and 183 has a bunch of nice bottles including OFBB, Blanton's, Stagg JR, Balcones amongst other nice bottles. Seems like an off the radar place with a great selection.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Do you recall the price of the OFBB?
Hudson2508
AG
I asked, he said $150. Wasn't sure how reasonable that was.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I would jump on the OFBB, one of my favorite bottles from last year. Unfortunately I'm in Houston.
htxag09
AG
Would someone be willing to ship me the ofbb?
cena05
AG
Just picked up some rock hill farms and Oki (not sure how this tastes) at party source in Cincinnati. Hope they make flight back to Houston in my checked bag.
John Francis Donaghy
quote:
Just picked up some rock hill farms and Oki (not sure how this tastes) at party source in Cincinnati. Hope they make flight back to Houston in my checked bag.

You talking about the one in Covington or did they build one across the river?
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Searched the East side of Houston for Weller 12 today. Nada. I did find some pre-Diageo Talisker 10 though. I'll take it. Saw plenty Blantons and OWA.
bevokilla
AG
With my only experience with Irish whiskey being Jameson, are yellow spot and green spot with it? My local liquor store has both right now.

On a sad note they didn't have Rittenhouse
SouthTexasAg06
AG
I prefer Redbreast 12 but that's just my opinion. A lot of people seem to like one of the Spots, not sure which. There is an Irish Whiskey thread that I'm sure has more info.
plowboy1065
S
OFBB at $150 is secondary prices. Retail is $80
FlyFish95
quote:
I prefer Redbreast 12 but that's just my opinion. A lot of people seem to like one of the Spots, not sure which. There is an Irish Whiskey thread that I'm sure has more info.

Redbreast cask strength.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Saw that the other day and was tempted. Might need to pick one up.
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.