Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,834,339 Views | 38371 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Are you close enough to pick up a 4R?
No or I would
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Buddy of mine picked one of the Sherry version up today so I'll be interested to try them side by side. I'm tempted to go get one for my collection but if i get another bottle my wife will kill me
the dude10
AG
Best thing I ever did was get my wife into bourbon. She never says a word about me buying too many bottles anymore.
tx4guns
AG
Bingo! But when they start hitting your super rare stuff it gets to be annoying... Can't complain though...

quote:
Best thing I ever did was get my wife into bourbon. She never says a word about me buying too many bottles anymore.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
She had a bad experience in college and now refuses to touch the stuff.

On the upside, what she doesn't know won't hurt me!
FriedTex
AG
Small victory today - found Elmer T Lee on the shelf for 37
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
Small victory today - found Elmer T Lee on the shelf for 37
I don't know WTF my problem is but I can hardly drink the last bottle I bought.
Aggiejue
AG
Anyone try the '15 Handy yet? It seems to be the least favorite of the bunch.
plowboy1065
S
There is a Handy at Crown Liquor in Sugar Land for $189 that I found yesterday. I'm a drinker and the reviews I've read didn't impress me
tx4guns
AG
I'll be trying Handy tonight...
SouthTexasAg06
AG
One of the more reasonable prices for BTAC I've seen this year.
Aggiejue
AG
Pulled the trigger on Handy for $89. This is my only find of the season so far other than OFBB.
Post removed:
by user
07ag
AG
Just finished my bottle of 2013 william larue weller, but i feel bad throwing the empty away, lol. Any ideas what I could do with the empty? Is there a market for empty rare bourbon bottles?
aggiemike89
AG
I'm crappy at posting links but there is a cool Youtube video on cutting bottles and making drinking glasses out of them.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Yep. Glasses, candles, lamps, etc.

steve00
AG

They are great for making glasses due to the etching. As soon as I finish my GTS I'm taking the rest in to make a full set.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Making glasses out of them is a great idea. There are a few that pop up on eBay but not as popular as the Pappy bottles. Looks like they bring from $15-30.
Aggiejue
AG
quote:
$89 or $189

$89 for the Handy. Passed on Stranahans Diamond peak $69.99 and Yellowstone 7 year $84.99 for now.
07ag
AG
quote:
There is a Handy at Crown Liquor in Sugar Land for $189 that I found yesterday.
Called the store, they said it's already been sold
FlyFish95
The guys that work at the Crown Liquor are d-bags. I quit going to that store years ago.
Ringo88
AG
I thought all of the scores were done for this year, but I landed a bottle of old Black Maple Hill yesterday in a trade. Going to deliver the gift to my brother and sister in law this evening. Merry Christmas, everyone.
aggiemike89
AG
Which BMH did you score?
Ace3xl
Ok guys, long time lurker and I'm looking for an opinion. I'm being laid off from my job on the 31st. The last three weeks I've been raking in a ton of goodbye gifts. Finally brought them home today. My daughter is spending Christmas with her mom, and my roommate went out of town. So I have a few days to myself. Which should I crack open and try this weekend? Here is the list:

Maker's 46
Booker's
Zaya 12yr Rum
Doorly's XO Rum
Balvenie Double Wood 12yr
Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14yr
Glenfiddich Burbon Barrel Reserve 14yr
Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka
and a way too big bottle of Myer's Rum

What do you think. I made some lemonade with the vodka earlier, but I want to crack something open to sip on for the weekend.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love me some Maker's 46. Would make one hell of an old fashioned.
plowboy1065
S
I love me some Bookers
HouseDivided06
AG
Bookers or Balvenie Carribean Cask. Got that one from my account manager this year. Not a bad pour at all.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Sorry to hear about your layoff ... hope a better opportunity presents itself soon. If that were my list and I were sipping for the weekend, the first thing I'd crack is that Glenfiddich. And I'm a bourbon guy, but that Scotch sounds more interesting than a pour of Makers or Bookers.
schmellba99
AG
Picked up a Blanton's yesterday when I stopped at a store I rarely go to. Haven't actually seen a bowling ball on the shelf in a while and was pretty pleased.

Enjoyed the hell out of the Basil Hayden's I picked up to drink at the get together as well. Sometimes I forget that there are some good bourbons that don't have special marketing attached to them to drive demand up.

I also enjoyed a pour of Heaven Hill white label tonight that has been in one of my barrels for the last couple of months. For a cheap production bourbon, it is a surprisingly smooth and flavorful pour. I keep hoping I will run across a BIB verson one of these days.
Post removed:
by user
joshwayne330
Open all of them
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
Picked up a Blanton's yesterday when I stopped at a store I rarely go to. Haven't actually seen a bowling ball on the shelf in a while and was pretty pleased.

Enjoyed the hell out of the Basil Hayden's I picked up to drink at the get together as well. Sometimes I forget that there are some good bourbons that don't have special marketing attached to them to drive demand up.

I also enjoyed a pour of Heaven Hill white label tonight that has been in one of my barrels for the last couple of months. For a cheap production bourbon, it is a surprisingly smooth and flavorful pour. I keep hoping I will run across a BIB verson one of these days.

Evan Williams White Label is essentially identical to HH BiB. I'm 95% convinced it's the exactly same stuff just with different labelling. It is also my go-to well bourbon.
Signel
AG
I picked up some stagg jr last night. I like it better than Wellers and Bulleit 10. It is a toss up with Knob Creek for me. I really like both quite a bit.
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.