Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,750,154 Views | 37551 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by FTAC2011
Post removed:
by user
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AE Rye is very sweet. More like a dessert drink than an every day drinker.
the dude10
AG
quote:
$80 in NOLA. Also got a bunch of Michters barrel strength and FR barrel strength private selection.

What's the price on the michters and FR for me to pick up in Austin? Also is it michters BP bourbon or rye? And which recipes do they have on the FR? I am definitely interested in those.
the dude10
AG
Nice find! First big score? It's addictive!
Post removed:
by user
Daytona22
AG
Awesome! I was the same way last year when I got a GTS off the shelf. Now none of the small stores I frequent got a bottle this year...
SouthTexasAg06
AG
That's awesome! Makes me hopeful that I could still stumble upon something from BTAC. So far the only scores I've had this year is the AECS and OFBB (which is great this year BYW)
the dude10
AG
I am in Austin. Saw an OFBB yesterday but was priced at $160 if you are interested
Post removed:
by user
SouthTexasAg06
AG
$65-75 retail. I paid $125 for mine
Post removed:
by user
austinag1997
AG
The Michters BP was $100. No clue if that is reasonable. They also have the toasted finish for $100. I haven't yet opened it, so I can't attest to it.

The FR is the 35% rye mashbill with the spicier yeast strain. I don't recall the lettering; will update later tonight with it. It is pretty tasty... 75% gone in 2 days. It was around $50 I believe. My cost is your cost if you want either.
FlyFish95
Heard mixed reviews on the toasted so chalk it up to varying individual tastes. $100 is excessive, but not ridiculously from what I've seen. Michter's Small Batch is awful.
Shaggie 05
AG
Saw 5-6 bottles of the Michter's Toasted Barrel on the shelf at Total Wine in Plano for $44.95 on Saturday.
aggiemike89
AG
plowboy brought over a bottle of Michters toasted a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it. Thought it was a solid pour.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
Not special. The 10 or 20 year bottles are the only ones to look for.
the dude10
AG
I would definitely like a bottle (or two) of the FR private select. PM me if you need payment beforehand and to make arrangements. Thanks!
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
I'm in as well. Can PayPal
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Picked this up tonight. Pretty excited to try it.

SouthTexasAg06
AG
Also, got this as a gift. Anyone tried it?

iPanic
AG
Report back on the midwinter night. Have always been interested to try it. Hard to find.
steve00
AG
quote:
Report back on the midwinter night. Have always been interested to try it. Hard to find.

I may be in the minority, but I hated it. I have a 95% full bottle from last year that I would give away.
Post removed:
by user
steve00
AG
Here it is. Figured I better make sure I didn't toss it. Opened once around a year ago. If you can find a reasonable way to get it from CA, it's yours.

austinag1997
AG
The Michters is the Limited Release Barrel Strength Rye.
FR is Single Barrel - Barrel Strength OBSQ (11 yr age statement)

Looks like I need a couple of extra bottles of FR. Pay upon delivery in Austin.

I'll have to check if they have any M10s or M20s. I admittedly don't keep up with Michters products very well.

Headed to Kentucky on the 27th for a bourbon run! Will be back in Austin after the New Year.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Found a bottle of GTS last night but they wanted $560. If anyone wants it for that price let me know and I'll point you in the direction.
Ringo88
AG
SouthTexas06,
It's not bad ( I have a bottle), but their regular version sour mash gets higher marks. The one to try is the Sherry finished version of your single barrel. It's one of my favorite bourbons right now.
austinag1997
AG
quote:

Looks like I need a few extra bottles of FR. Pay upon delivery in Austin.

I'll have to check if they have any M10s or M20s. I admittedly don't keep up with Michters products very well.

Headed to Kentucky on the 27th for a bourbon run! Will be back in Austin after the New Year.
FriedTex
AG
quote:

Looks like I need a couple of extra bottles of FR. Pay upon delivery in Austin.

FYI, Liquor Barn in KY has a store pick Jeffersons Reserve for 40bucks - it's a great pour. If you find a big red liquor up here they have FR cask strength (all yeast strains, I recommend OESV) for 45 bucks - that's the best deal out there today IMO
plowboy1065
S
Are you close enough to pick up a 4R?
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.