Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

8,444,791 Views | 49175 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by trouble
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F5 F5 F5
AugustusGloop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So…
About that pick!?
srob2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We waiting on confirmation from distillery before posting... hopefully shortly.
texas.aggie.2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know current market value of a Belle Meade single barrel No. 9 from 2005, barrel No435 bottle number 151? Seems like there was an estimate of $620 in 2021
William Larue Weller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texas.aggie.2010 said:

Anyone know current market value of a Belle Meade single barrel No. 9 from 2005, barrel No435 bottle number 151? Seems like there was an estimate of $620 in 2021
Not familiar with that one specifically, but what I can tell you is that 2021 was just about peak bourbon prices... secondary market on most stuff is about half of where it was in 2021.
showtime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, which Michter's tour is the best? And, don't you want to get in line early?
AgCzar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Michter's tour is very skippable. Just stand in line outside the distillery 30-45 minutes before they open. They do a morning drop where you can get the 10year, barrel proof, or toasted, usually bundled with the shelfer.

That's also how you get the Fill Your Own bourbon. They do Fill Your Own 3-4 times per week and it's the only way you can get in. My bottle that I got last May is BTAC level (not exaggerating).

The reason I say that the tour is skippable is because it's one room and a kinda lame tour. You see everything there is to see with the Fill Your Own experience. The Old Forrester tour where they fire the barrels is better. Peerless is better just for the staff and experience doing a tasting. Those are just two in Louisville.

I wish we hadn't done Michter's and had just stood in line for Fill Your Own and then enjoyed their second floor bar. My whole group thought the tour was a waste.
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgCzar said:

The Michter's tour is very skippable. Just stand in line outside the distillery 30-45 minutes before they open. They do a morning drop where you can get the 10year, barrel proof, or toasted, usually bundled with the shelfer.

That's also how you get the Fill Your Own bourbon. They do Fill Your Own 3-4 times per week and it's the only way you can get in. My bottle that I got last May is BTAC level (not exaggerating).

The reason I say that the tour is skippable is because it's one room and a kinda lame tour. You see everything there is to see with the Fill Your Own experience. The Old Forrester tour where they fire the barrels is better. Peerless is better just for the staff and experience doing a tasting. Those are just two in Louisville.

I wish we hadn't done Michter's and had just stood in line for Fill Your Own and then enjoyed their second floor bar. My whole group thought the tour was a waste.


Ok. Thanks. Thought the fill your own bottle was a tour. Can you do that more than once in a week, or do they limit the number of mornings you fill your own bottle?
Bulldog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Each day they release different things at different times. They do often have things at open, but not always. We went in December right at open & they didn't have anything. We went over to Louisville Slugger (literally across the street, that tour is good too) and were just meandering around a bit before our tour, so I walked back across the street, and they had Shenk's with sour mash around 11:30. At open that day, they announced their FYO was going to be at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30.

Old Forester doesn't have a great tour, but at the bar you can buy a flight of their true top notch stuff.

We did the Evan Williams Speakeasy experience & enjoyed it. It was before ECTB and McKenna were widely available, and they had it in the gift shop.

I've heard good things about Rabbit Hole & Pursuit, but haven't done either.

Down near Bardstown, I did the fill your own experience at Elijah Craig, and that was fine, but got in line around 8:30 and got William Heavenhill. I probably would try for the bottled in bond tour, personally.

Buffalo Trace is impressive to see, but at this point the things they put out aren't really allocated anymore, so drop by if it's on your way, but don't make a mad dash for the gift shop.
AgCzar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They don't limit it that I've heard. But they only do 6-8 people per session and only do 2 per day on 3-4 days per week.
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I grabbed a Blantons the day I was there for their morning drop.
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rabbit Hole was a fun tour and tasting, and I've grown to appreciate most of their offerings. They do some fun collabs and released a cask strength Heigold last year that was phenomenal.

Angel's Envy also has a fill your own bottle experience. Their cask strength offering is solidly in my Top 3.

The Peerless tasting experience is one of the better ones on Whiskey Row. The Michter's bar is really cool to stop by.

Over by Butchertown is Copper & Kings. They also have a fun tour and fill your own bottle experience. I haven't had their bourbon yet but their Brandy is top notch. Sadly it seems most places in Houston have stopped carrying it.
Wheatables02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Science Denier said:

AgCzar said:

The Michter's tour is very skippable. Just stand in line outside the distillery 30-45 minutes before they open. They do a morning drop where you can get the 10year, barrel proof, or toasted, usually bundled with the shelfer.

That's also how you get the Fill Your Own bourbon. They do Fill Your Own 3-4 times per week and it's the only way you can get in. My bottle that I got last May is BTAC level (not exaggerating).

The reason I say that the tour is skippable is because it's one room and a kinda lame tour. You see everything there is to see with the Fill Your Own experience. The Old Forrester tour where they fire the barrels is better. Peerless is better just for the staff and experience doing a tasting. Those are just two in Louisville.

I wish we hadn't done Michter's and had just stood in line for Fill Your Own and then enjoyed their second floor bar. My whole group thought the tour was a waste.


Ok. Thanks. Thought the fill your own bottle was a tour. Can you do that more than once in a week, or do they limit the number of mornings you fill your own bottle?


They log you as getting that tour and a bottle so I don't think you can get in very often. I was there two weeks ago and one guy did pay for two bottles. $170 each to fill your own.

Wild Turkey was a great tour and the Heaven Hill connoisseur tasting was great as we got HH17 and a bonus WHH tasting.

Willett was also a good tour while you drink at each stop on it. Willett also has an awesome rooftop bar with dusty bourbon.

Makers was great and so was Buffalo Trace, but we had a private 2 hour tour there. Old Forester was great as well.

DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If anyone wants to chill at a spot and enjoy the vibes, check out Whiskey Thief. You can pull your own bottle from the barrel and it's a fun evening spot.
jackie childs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bourbon straight from the barrel just hits different
furfighter1026
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Second this! Very unique experience across all the other distilleries
WeightedWhiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Third this!
I've been visiting the farm location outside Frankfort since they were Three Brothers. Excited to visit their new spot in Louisville next time I make it to Kentucky.
ChoppinDs40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And 4th. The rye I thieved is one of my favorite in the collection.
Dr. Teeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Belle Meade, should i buy?
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which bottle and how much?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Which one? How much?
Dr. Teeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Belle Meade and Belle Meade Reserve

60 and 90
tu ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dr. Teeth said:

Belle Meade and Belle Meade Reserve

60 and 90
I would say pass.
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah pass. The Reserve is usually about $60 MSRP. Man, this makes me miss the Cask Strength Reserve, though. That was an amazing bottle for $65. When they rebranded to the Reserve at 108 proof, it just lost so much flavor.
rgt99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Science Denier said:

AgCzar said:

The Michter's tour is very skippable. Just stand in line outside the distillery 30-45 minutes before they open. They do a morning drop where you can get the 10year, barrel proof, or toasted, usually bundled with the shelfer.

That's also how you get the Fill Your Own bourbon. They do Fill Your Own 3-4 times per week and it's the only way you can get in. My bottle that I got last May is BTAC level (not exaggerating).

The reason I say that the tour is skippable is because it's one room and a kinda lame tour. You see everything there is to see with the Fill Your Own experience. The Old Forrester tour where they fire the barrels is better. Peerless is better just for the staff and experience doing a tasting. Those are just two in Louisville.

I wish we hadn't done Michter's and had just stood in line for Fill Your Own and then enjoyed their second floor bar. My whole group thought the tour was a waste.


Ok. Thanks. Thought the fill your own bottle was a tour. Can you do that more than once in a week, or do they limit the number of mornings you fill your own bottle?


Went to Louisville last year, and second the Michter's tour. It was the least favorite. Basically walk into the lobby and then walk into a room, nothing special. Really enjoyed Angels Envy, and Evan Williams tour believe it or not. Peerless was ok, thought they were pretty arrogant
Pasquale Liucci
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Name checks out (Peerless)
rebelag62
How long do you want to ignore this user?

aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rebelag62 said:



Yeahhhh, every time i go into a TW....they are pushing it HARRRDDDD
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every time one of their reps tries to ask if I need help I just politely tell them I know what I'm looking for.
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hurleyag said:

Every time one of their reps tries to ask if I need help I just politely tell them I know what I'm looking for.


Ask them for a sample. Free bourbon is free bourbon.
HunterAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Science Denier said:

hurleyag said:

Every time one of their reps tries to ask if I need help I just politely tell them I know what I'm looking for.


Ask them for a sample. Free bourbon is free bourbon.

Unless it's "gas station sushi" bourbon !
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
KDubAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw a JD 10 ($300) and 12 ($500) in store today (Houston). Too high for me.
HomeSmart Houston
Mobile: 713.775.5997

Email: Kevin@KevinWillRealty.com
William Larue Weller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KDubAg said:

I saw a JD 10 ($300) and 12 ($500) in store today (Houston). Too high for me.
Yeah those prices are double the going secondary rate... lol
hurleyag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Science Denier said:

hurleyag said:

Every time one of their reps tries to ask if I need help I just politely tell them I know what I'm looking for.


Ask them for a sample. Free bourbon is free bourbon.


They did have a Frey Ranch and Austin 101 sample going on last weekend I took advantage of!
First Page Last Page
Page 1318 of 1406 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.