Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,857,747 Views | 38598 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ryeguy
Shaggie 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
If you're interested in my unopened 6 to 8 year old bottle of PVW 15, let me know. I also have an unopened Thomas Handy Saz that I believe is 2009 at 129p. I have to double check that. I used to buy a lot of the good stuff before they all became white whales, these are my last two unopened bottles and should have been bought around the same time.
I'm interested as well.
Rev98
AG
23y Pappy for Sale

I am trying to help another Aggie out, he has a bottle of 23y pappy from 2013. He is trying to sell it to make room for other bourbon. I don't know what the going rate is, but I will entertain offers. The bottle is located in Dallas. Feel free to email me rtc 98 at yahoo if you want to make an offer.
plowboy1065
S
You looking for secondary market prices?
Ringo88
AG
Trying to "make room" for WHAT other bourbon?
Open it. Drink it. Enjoy it. Give empty bottle away to a collector. Room made, problem solved.
GE
AG
I just came across this thread and it is awesome. Do any of you have a reliable source for Blanton's in Houston/Katy? I mainly go to Spec's and never see it there.
plowboy1065
S
Check the mom and pop stores or Goody Goody
FriedTex
AG
I know some of you mentioned it's hard to find Weller 12 in Houston - found it in Kingwood today at Pascale's of Kingwood off Northpark drive
SouthTexasAg06
AG
The specs I go to said they were getting it but keeping it in the back and only giving it to people who asked so you may just want to ask someone if you don't see it on the shelf. Mine said he got 2 cases last week.
Ezra Brooks
AG
Until I started reading this thread 1+ year back, I thought the Jim Beam Small Batch collection was top of the line stuff...and my username gives my fondness for the cheap stuff away.

I don't have the money or the energy to chase some of this stuff, though I'd sure like to try some.

That being said, I did get a bottle of the Weller 12 at the Kingwood Specs earlier this year and it was really fantastic.
Ringo88
AG
Wow, after seeing all of your comments, I truly believe it's rougher to score the good stuff at home in Texas than it is here in Atlanta. A few months ago, I would have bet the opposite. Good luck, everyone.
plowboy1065
S
Who would thunk it that the day would come where W12 and ETL are kept in the back and have to be asked for?
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
I have some you are welcome to come over and try. Just don't have a free weekend until late December....
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
I know a restaurant you should be able to find some in December
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
Third, i have some Pappy and am not too far from you (when you are home).
htxag09
AG
I'm near the heights. I believe you and Joel came to one of our tailgates last year, or maybe the year before....
plowboy1065
S
It was $28 for 23yr
FriedTex
AG
quote:
It was $28 for 23yr

That's a good price, I've seen 100+ BS in Lexington
AlaskanAg99
AG
About 5 years ago I paid $20 for 2oz of the 23yr. 15yr remains my favorite.
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
I have a few open bottles of BTAC that date back to at least '09. We should have a rare bourbon meet.
aggiemike89
AG
I"m in. I have some somewhat rare bottles as well. I could bring a PH 5 cognac barrel finished. It's some really good juice. Have other various bottles as well we could sample. BTAC, Bookers etc.
Post removed:
by user
tfunk02
AG
I've got an unopend bottle of 2015 Old Crow. It's in the rare plastic bottle. Can I join?
Daytona22
AG
Sounds like a good time. I have Parker's Heritage 7, 8, and 9 along with Van Winkle 12 yr, Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch, etc. Not sure if I will end up with any of this years lot but hoping to at least get a bottle or two. Would bring my Stagg but it's nearly finished.
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
If any of you Houston area guys are interested in joining a FB group that does tastings with baller whiskey, send me a PM. We do them often.
SouthTexasAg06
AG
What are the requirements to join said tastings?
West Texan
AG
Anyone got a good and simple toddy recipe? I've got a cold and need something to drink when I get home.
tx4guns
AG
Show up, bring a couple bottles, drink, get along with others, and be willing to learn.
tx4guns
AG
Lemon, tea, honey, bourbon.
plowboy1065
S
Drink a few glasses of Bookers. The alcohol in your blood stream will kill any virus you got
AlaskanAg99
AG
When you get together for your tastings of rare $$ bourbon, what is the pouring format? 1/4oz, 1/2oz nips/drams...some of this stuff is very strong and it be easy to get wasted fast.

I've never been to a bourbon tasting.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.