Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,711,259 Views | 62702 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by steve00
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No one appreciates keeping beer cold more than Brazilians.

Beer served in its own cooler and served in a an American cup (yep that's what they call it) so that it can never get too warm.

Jock 07
AG
Yup that's the one. It's an opaque frosted freezer mug thing so you're not actually seeing the beer.
Pretty wild, my buddy lives one street over and down the block from where my Mom grew up on base 60ish years ago. The house is still there.
swampstander
AG
Today's Friday share beers.
SoTxAg
AG
In b/cs to help my daughter move some stuff out of her dorm. The way this wind is blowing, expect a whole lot of long balls in the baseball game tonight.

swampstander
AG
SoTxAg said:

In b/cs to help my daughter move some stuff out of her dorm. The way this wind is blowing, expect a whole lot of long balls in the baseball game tonight.

I really like that Spring Lager.
dave99ag
AG

swampstander
AG
dave99ag said:

Cool.. with context and everything.
Kyle98
AG
First brewery in the new hometown! Beers are 6, 5, 2.

Plus some to go beer

Good stuff! Excited to explore more.
Kyle98
AG
Everything about this is awesome.
SoTxAg
AG
Had no idea there was a brewery in Smithville.

SoTxAg
AG
Did know about the one in Giddings and finally made it there.

dave99ag
AG
Kyle98 said:

Barrel Theory - Wife brought it back from a recent trip to Minneapolis. Should have poured in my Masters pint glass.
Kyle98
AG
dave99ag said:

Kyle98 said:

Barrel Theory - Wife brought it back from a recent trip to Minneapolis. Should have poured in my Masters pint glass.

Nice! They have an awesome tap room.. Went a couple of years ago when I was up there for work. It cracked me up when we asked the guys from there where we should go for beer. The answer was, "Barrel Theory is the best, but it's in St. Paul, so it might be a bit far for you." It took us 15 minutes from our hotel...
Objective Aggie
AG

steve00
AG
Don't often see the black can top. Pretty good west coast IPA from guys that mostly make hazy.

HowdyAgs03
AG
I'll be in Atlanta for a couple of days this week. Any recommendations with 10-15 minutes of downtown?
santaklaus83188
AG
How do yall feel about J. Wakefield? I don't hear about them very much, but I remember seeing some fanfare about one of their stouts being really good. I realized recently that my wife and I live really close to them, like two blocks away. We will definitely check them out at some point, I'm just curious what yall think of them.
Jock 07
AG
HowdyAgs03 said:

I'll be in Atlanta for a couple of days this week. Any recommendations with 10-15 minutes of downtown?

Really enjoyed Brick Store when I was there for the masters a few weeks ago. Solid tap list and pretty extensive bottle list. You can find some bottles that are pretty reasonably priced. Although, not sure if it matches your distance requirement.
jah003
S
santaklaus83188 said:

How do yall feel about J. Wakefield? I don't hear about them very much, but I remember seeing some fanfare about one of their stouts being really good. I realized recently that my wife and I live really close to them, like two blocks away. We will definitely check them out at some point, I'm just curious what yall think of them.

La Fours
AG
SoTxAg said:

Did know about the one in Giddings and finally made it there.

I had no idea there was one in Giddings either.
jh0400
AG
santaklaus83188 said:

Their tasting room is nothing special. La Tropical is my favorite Wynwood brewery by a large margin. Biscayne Bay Brewing's location is cool as well for a downtown spot.
steve00
AG
Picked this up at Lost Abbey Confessional. It is a 2018. They said they sold a case of them at their anniversary party, but one of them got misplaced in the back of the fridge, so they still had the last one available today.
maca1028
Still hate myself for passing on that at Coronado's back in the day
steve00
AG
maca1028 said:

I'm hoping that auto-correct just edited Toronado for you. I don't want to hear that there is a place called Coronado's where one can just get Cable Car and I haven't heard of it.

I had my first Cable Car about 10 years ago at Toronado SD, courtesy of BSD. He got me hooked. I've been fortunate to get 4-5 since then, though it's usually a lot of work.

RIP Toronado SD
Objective Aggie
AG
This is really a fantastic IPA here in So Paulo. Like really good.
maca1028
steve00 said:

maca1028 said:

I'm hoping that auto-correct just edited Toronado for you. I don't want to hear that there is a place called Coronado's where one can just get Cable Car and I haven't heard of it.

I had my first Cable Car about 10 years ago at Toronado SD, courtesy of BSD. He got me hooked. I've been fortunate to get 4-5 since then, though it's usually a lot of work.

RIP Toronado SD

Yep, damn autocorrect
La Fours
AG
Thanks to Turfman for the heads on this one being at my H-E-B.

The Waldos' Special Ale is always so good.
Ags #1
AG

swampstander
AG
It doesn't get said enough but Real Ale makes a damn fine Pilsner. Hans Pils.
Rocketman84
AG
La Fours said:

Thanks to Turfman for the heads on this one being at my H-E-B.

The Waldos' Special Ale is always so good.

I'll have to look for that one next HEB trip
62strat
AG
Ags #1 said:

Three times I've opened this thread now and every time I think it says continence lol.
swampstander
AG
Today's Friday share beers.
jah003
S
swampstander said:

It doesn't get said enough but Real Ale makes a damn fine Pilsner. Hans Pils.

I've discussed this with my friends and probably only the Austin folks would get it, but it's in my top 5 readily available Austin Area beers. Here's my list if anyone cares:
1. Zilker Icy Boys
2. Live Oak Pilz
3. ABW Fire Eagle
4. Real Ale Hans Pils
5. Live Oak Hef
Ags #1
AG
Hahahah. I see it now
steve00
AG
Having a Comrade Brewing Superpower IPA in Denver. Great beer.

First Page
Page 1791 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.