Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,686,521 Views | 62670 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by jh0400
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

FALALALALAAAA LALALALA
Objective Aggie
AG
Prairie Ale Christmas Bomb. Like it more than I thought I would.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Looks like a tasty release from Jester King

Read an opinion piece on beer trends at one point either last year or early this year. Guy predicted that "line culture" was pretty much dead now. I'm sure there are still a lot of JK fans here (I am one of them), but I never waited in line for a release on one of the crazy days. And it seems that the line hype around JK is lower now. The barrel aged atrial rubicite is the only one I can think of that might still draw a big line.

Y'all still drinking JK? Don't seem to see as many posts about them as a few years back.
dave99ag
AG
We enjoy taking a trip over to JK as it's a cool property. I see no need to wait in line for SPON, Atrial, etc.

I think the places that experienced crazy lines have had to adapt due to Covid and there are better processes in place to handle the popular releases. I'm all for that versus a neckbeard sh*tshow JK could be.
Scriffer
AG
I can't even get my paws on JK in Dallas anymore. Guy at my bottle shop said they've basically quit distributing up here during covid
Quincey P. Morris
AG
There was a time when I tried to pick up everything they released. Kinda got burnt out on sours and JK.
FriedTex
AG
do you drink it from that thing??
jah003
S
This describes me in general these days... my criteria for beer... is it easy to get? Does it taste good? Is it local? That's really all I buy anymore. It's rare that I buy JK because it certainly doesn't meet the easy to get criteria from a distance standpoint.
wessimo
AG
Proper glassware
62strat
AG
Browsing the bomber room at a store on my way home and stumble across this!

maca1028
Damn, I'd love to have some pliny on the regular in Texas.
jh0400
AG
Did someone forget about it? It's a little old.
62strat
AG
**** it, at $.15 an ounce?

Robert C. Christian
AG
Belated birthday gift for yourself! Not every day you turn 50!
dave99ag
AG
Well done!
Scriffer
AG
Not all heroes wear capes
62strat
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Belated birthday gift for yourself! Not every day you turn 50!
hah she didn't even check Id. Not my bd.
jetch17
AG
nice!
AggieOO
Drinking weldwerks starriest night under a cloudless sky in terlingua. I know everything tastes better out here, but holy feck this beer is good.
steve00
AG
So is that like $2 per pint if my math is right?

You got a heck of a deal. Very jealous, even though I don't have a kegerator so couldn't take advantage if I saw a keg in the wild.
AggieOO
steve00 said:

You got a heck of a deal. Very jealous, even though I don't have a kegerator so couldn't take advantage if I saw a keg in the wild.

Its cold enough right now, just gotta keep it outside and drink fast!
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think if I found a keg like that I might have to build a kegerator and have some friends over.
62strat
AG
steve00 said:

yeh about $2.40 a pint. A good 1/3 of retail singles.

I ended up giving this to my neighbor for his kegerator. He just finished what he had on tap, is a pliny lover, and I was actually a bit full (not right now, but I want to brew a batch soon and buy another commercial keg, which would leave no room for a 1/2 bbl. )

So now I just get to mooch off him, he paid for it. I got to use this meme in a literal sense when he sent me a text asking how much he owed me;

Beer related - My very recent garage modification (like, 3 weeks ago)

62strat
AG
That spot where kegerator is tucked in was garage space, sort of a tandem of my middle car slot.

We enclosed the 9x12 space to make a mudroom; here is the other side, awaiting the butcher block ctop I picked up the other day.
Full write up on home improvement board.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Local place by us did a Saint Arnold's night. Pumpkinator, BB24, and Pumpkinator BBA with Cacao Nibs.

Scriffer
AG
Bonus beer courtesy of Chipotlemonger. Busted out laughing at the label because my mom still yells the Boney Fingers line at us to this day

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Texas Santa.

Chipotlemonger
AG
That's one of the best beers.

Speaking of beer mail, having a little SG stout tonight courtesy of MattJaxson (sp...I can't recall how you spell your handle Matt!). This is a tasty stout.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm headed to Nashville this weekend for Christmas. Looking forward to some SG.
K Bo
AG
Just picked up a 4-pack of Attacus Atlas at TW in the Galleria. 12/1/20 can date. Been wanting to give it a shot for a while.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got my first email as part of the RR Beer Society. Looks like this thing is going to be awesome.

Lastly, Vinnie & Natalie have written something just for you!
See below for their message, along with a picture of some upcoming bottlings to tease the senses.
"Thank you to everyone for being charter members of the new Russian River Cellar Society (RRCS)! We greatly appreciate your support and your trust that we will deliver some magnificent beers. As described in the original offering, most of the beers presented to you will be exclusive to the RRCS, with only a handful also available in very small quantities through our pubs.
As you know, there will be two 12-bottle shipments in the coming year. These shipments will include 1 to 3 bottles of each beer, depending upon batch size. We found a sleek 510ml cork-finished bottle (similar to our original funky beer bottle in 2004) for the majority of the RRCS beers. Jason Roberson, one of our favorite graphic artists (Mind Circus, Pliny for President, Citra Flash Mob and more!), assisted us in creating two special labels for the RRCS- "Russian River Cuvee" and "Small Batch Series".
Over this past year, I have been brewing several small batches of base barrel beers that I thought would fit nicely into a blend. With our new pilot brewery up and running, this will give me an even greater opportunity to create some unique beers for future blends. Just last week I brewed an interesting rye beer that will go into barrels with Brettanomyces soon! The initial "Russian River Cuvee" bottlings are blends that I personally created. Future blends will include Natalie's help. We also plan invite a few special friends in the industry to join in the fun!
As the name implies, the "Small Batch Series" is a selection of very small batches of barrel-aged beers from literally one, maybe two wine barrels. Although your first Spring shipment has yet to be finalized, we have been working on a blueberry beer, a Kriek, Shadow of a Doubt aged in Port barrels (super limited), and an amazing Peach beer that smells and tastes like you are biting into a fresh peach right off the tree. These are just a few fun examples of what may be included in your first shipment!
Next week we are bottling another exciting Small Batch beer, which is a version of our Intinction- Sauvignon Blanc dry-hopped with Nelson Sauvin. We also added a strain of Brettanomyces that is known to trigger bio-transformation. A bio-transformation reaction between the yeast, hops and Sauvignon Blanc grape juice will intensify the aroma and flavor profile of the hops and grapes.
jetch17
jh0400
AG
That Intinction variant sounds awesome.
dave99ag
AG
Christmas Bomb and smoked cheese from a coworker. Delicious!
First Page Last Page
Page 1578 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.