Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,988 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by CDub06
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No outlet 2/10 WNB
FriedTex
AG
Take it to the cheese thread!
dave99ag
dave99ag
AG
Really it should be the knife thread. A friend made that 500+ layer Damascus knife with a bocote and blood wood handle. It's effing awesome.
Chipotlemonger
AG
wessimo said:

No outlet 2/10 WNB
No kidding, all that wall space and no outlet!
jah003
S
Finally got the elusive CS cap.
La Fours
AG
I didn't even know this was a thing. So does Real Ale put the name of a city on all bottle caps? Or just devils backbone?
jah003
S
La Fours said:

I didn't even know this was a thing. So does Real Ale put the name of a city on all bottle caps? Or just devils backbone?
Think it's every beer. Although about 75% of my real ale purchases these days are cans. They must have expanded their city list lately because I've gotten a lot of new ones.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Same thing. Although I almost never buy Devils backbone jn bottles.
jh0400
AG
Has anyone else in Houston had an issue lately with Hackbarth? I ordered the Schramm's mead bundle from Tavour, and it got to Hackbarth on Monday. They were supposed to deliver this week, but I haven't seen or heard anything from them. I tried calling a few times, but no one answers.
K Bo
AG

FriedTex
AG
How is it?
Scriffer
AG

K Bo
AG
It was really good. I've only had a few other IIIPAs, mostly Ingenious that were not good, but this was more balanced and not as in your face hop bite, if that makes sense. I'll definitely keep buying it when I see it available.
Scriffer
AG

Scriffer
AG
This is a good day.
Kyle98
AG
Celebratory beer. We should be in the CFP, but who job l knows. We'll find out tomorrow.
This is damn good.
jetch17
AG
Spindletap Switchfoot

62strat
AG
Scriffer said:

Had 5 pints of that last night... ughhh that was too many!

Definitely cool to be able to pour pitchers of pliny though.

dave99ag
AG
Afternoon fun with the boy.

Chipotlemonger
AG
This is true every year, but the batch this year really seems memorably great. The Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA is the best value out there. In a world of $20 4-packs for Hazy IPAs, or maybe even $24+, to get the SN fresh hop IPA 6-pack (I know, smaller vessels, but more volume overall) for just about $10 is a flat out steal.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

This is true every year, but the batch this year really seems memorably great. The Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA is the best value out there. In a world of $20 4-packs for Hazy IPAs, or maybe even $24+, to get the SN fresh hop IPA 6-pack (I know, smaller vessels, but more volume overall) for just about $10 is a flat out steal.

I snagged a 6er of it based on your recommendation a week or two ago and I agree it hits way above it's pay grade
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
CDub06
AG
Got crazy on a Sunday night.

La Fours
AG
Easy there. Don't want to ruin your marathon training.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Months (years?) ago on Texags someone posted a bad ass backyard English pub style shed/pub. Apparently the idea of a backyard shed/pub isn't as unique as I'd imagine as I can't seem to find the specific one I saw. Was that maybe in the Beer Thread?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Nevermind, found it.

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/3106333
K Bo
AG

maca1028
Mrs. Maca tested hot. Quarantine night one beverage of choice. Not a bad dessert stout.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Good call, Chipotle!

maca1028
Night 2
Chipotlemonger
AG
Excellent 2018 beer from FiftyFifty. Neat how they have so many variants of their barrel aged imperial stout. I have another one in the fridge from this year, and think they're doing smaller bottles now and not the big bombers. This one was aged in Belle Meade barrels.

Cheers, beer thread. Hope to see some more great beers opened this week and next!

ChipFTAC01
AG
Matt Jax on, any good liquor stores or bottle shops in East Nashville? The beer at my SIL's is...lacking. Gonna walk up to Southern Grist this afternoon.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Matt Jax on, any good liquor stores or bottle shops in East Nashville? The beer at my SIL's is...lacking. Gonna walk up to Southern Grist this afternoon.
I went into Woodland Wine Merchant a couple times before. Small place but may suit your needs if you don't want to travel far. In the Five Points area.

If you have transportation ability, then Craft Brewed on 8th is worth the trip and my recommendation, hands down. If you're into liquor, they often have a great selection of that too. Plus, you can grab a draft beer or flight while you are there.

Edit to add: I think they even deliver now, so that may be an option as well.
MattJaxson
AG
Echoing what Chipotle mentioned. There is also Main Street Liquor Store and Filling Station on the east side. Between those 4 + Southern Grist, you should be covered. I also have way too much beer at my house if you need a reason to escape the family. I'm about a mile from SG.
jah003
S
So... for about a year or so we knew that our daughter would probably need heart surgery. We've been trying to get a CT scan for a while now, but with COVID it kept being pushed back.

Got the scan last week and the results today. Her heart is 100% fine. Absolutely no defects and no surgery. 2020 has completely sucked but this is certainly a bright spot.

Anyways... back porching it with a fantastic Pils.
First Page Last Page
Page 1579 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.