Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,682,728 Views | 62665 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by HowdyAgs03
AggieStout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So assassin is a yearly release correct. So I can hope to win the lottery next year.
NColoradoAG
AggieStout said:

So assassin is a yearly release correct. So I can hope to win the lottery next year.

I think itd been 2 years since assassin was released. SR71 was in between the last assassin and this new batch.
BSD
AG
I should have bought the SR71 when it was at Assassin pricing.
AggieOO
S.O.N. w/ coconut from Redhorn is nothing short of absolutely delicious. If you are in North austin, go get this before it's gone.
Jock 07
AG
Forgive the ****ty picture but not too bad. Not as funky as I would have figured it would be. Decent buy for 10 bucks

cc10106
This one held up surprisingly well.

La Fours
AG
This might be the single most polarizing beer on this thread.
Two Down
AG
Intersting to hear that. I tried one that I had cellared and it was an absolute drainpour - tasted like watery gin and not much else. Wonder if I just had a bad one.
Scriffer
AG
La Fours said:

That's definitely the truth. Hell, I can't even decide if I like it or despise it.
AggieOO
Scriffer said:

La Fours said:

That's definitely the truth. Hell, I can't even decide if I like it or despise it.
that shizzz is NASTY.
cc10106
Two Down said:

Intersting to hear that. I tried one that I had cellared and it was an absolute drainpour - tasted like watery gin and not much else. Wonder if I just had a bad one.
Maybe so. My expectations were low based on it being 2+ years since purchase and not liking the 2015( or '16?) version when it was fresh. The barrel and herbs masked some of the normal saison flavors, but the malty backbone balanced it out well enough for me to enjoy.

Do some of you not like gin? I know it's not for everyone, particularly gin BA beers. Jester King and Scratch made some amazing ones, however.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

Scriffer said:

La Fours said:

that shizzz is NASTY.

It definitely was the first time I had it. Drank it fresh, and it tasted like straight lavender, as if someone had just dumped potpourri in the barrel. Had another one with close to a year on it that was much better....still not that good though. I skipped it entirely this year.
Two Down
AG
I really like gin, more so than most people I would say. And I really enjoyed this the first time I had it (fresh). But the bottle I pulled out was straight awful.
Bmac04
AG

Been one hell of a beer week. Thanks to those that helped contribute to it

Jason_Ag98
AG
Bloodwork Orange coming this Monday and will be year-round!

Represent830
AG
ISO Last Buffalo
Represent830
AG
Has anyone had anything from Tioga-Sequoia? Their beers sound fantastic and I'm thinking about trading a guy for a few.
Bmac04
AG
If I would have known I coulda got you one at cost
Represent830
AG
Bmac04 said:

If I would have known I coulda got you one at cost
Ugh... seriously??

Yeah, I've had a few of their beers lately and they are top notch. MBCP and Morning Wood were stellar.
AggieStout
AG
Bmac didnt win the TG lottery but still got his TG limit. nice
DallasAggie2012
AG
Damnnnnnn that's a serious week right there! Nicely done. That Last Buffalo sounds awesome.
jah003
S
Jason_Ag98 said:

Bloodwork Orange coming this Monday and will be year-round!

If you are in Austin buy all the Double Unicycle and thank me later... That beer is the truth.
txag2008
AG
Nice hazy "NE" style IPA brought back from Denver. It's not quite like the Trillium beers I've had, but it's pretty dang good.

turfman80
AG
SuperFan is great!
turfman80
AG
Another winner from Toppling Goliath. Nice Mosaic notes in a lighter body and higher carbonation than Sosus. This would be great for warmer weather.

maca1028
Martha ****er I need to go beer shopping! This thread is making me thirsty!
edit: I can't say ****er!?
gordo97
AG
Founders "lizard of koz" is heavy on chocolate.... I like it!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Funny how timing works out... earlier today I was sitting at Maui Brewing Co. pondering buying a bottle of their GABF Gold 2016 Imperial Coconut Porter when Spec's Twitter account posts that they just got it on shelves in Houston. Glad I don't need to worry about wrapping up another 750ml in my luggage.

Also, I've seen brewery dogs, cats, and other pets/pest deterrents before, but this was the first spot that had a chicken wandering around the taproom area. Nice touch.

BSD, did you go to the Maui BC production facility or the brewpub in Kapalua when you were here?
BSD
AG
BSD said:

We stopped by Maui Brewing Co today for a bite to eat and some beers:

Maka Koa pale Ale - Hawaiian bold pale ale
Lemongrass Saison
Freight train IPA - San Diego style IPA
Barrel aged chinwig - BBA English strong Ale (very good)
Hot Blonde -blond w/ chipotle (not my thang)
Mana wheat- with Maui pineapples
Bikini blonde
Coconut porter
Pueo pale ale - west coast style (very nice)
Aloha baktun - Belgian stout w choc and chilies
Wild hog- dry Irish stout
Otis Redding - Irish red ale (yo me gusta)

As we were closing out (we had a very tired 4 year old on our hands), the waitress mentioned a rare bottle list for craft beer week and asked if I wanted to see it. I asked what was on it, and she said some rare Belgian sours. As my eyes lit up, my son decided to let the whole brewpub know that it was time to go...so I told the waitress I'd pass and left before the reality set in that I was an idiot for not rolling out by myself like I usually do on these adventures. Sigh...time for a few lava flows and Napa cabs!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 5/17/2013 12:49a).]

We did the brewpub. This writeup wasn't as in depth as my other brewery visits...probably because I was in Hawaii.
andgate
You made it to the right forum.
Scriffer
AG
andgate said:

Two Down
AG
Little work tasting to close out the week. Can't get enough of the NE stuff lately. Only 4 of us so relatively tame.

Graveyard

Sooooo hazy

Was a bit alarmed when I saw this but they really do mean unfiltered. And they do recommend drinking from the can (Focal).

Good little share though. And the Rare Barrel was stellar.
Bmac04
AG
Saturday beer mail is the best

Inspector Spacetime
AG
Scriffer said:

andgate said:

Staggered my way back
maca1028
Picked up a dissident, clutch, H&G mosaic, and a growler of H&G Texas honey IPA. It's gonna be a good night.
First Page Last Page
Page 1130 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.