Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,690,592 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by maca1028
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Blah, blah, blah. Report back to me when you have toured the silver bullet facilities.

Seriously. Grab a Coors Cutter with Keith Stone
jetch17
AG
That dude is smooooooth
BSD
AG
quote:
Blah, blah, blah. Report back to me when you have toured the silver bullet facilities.

We walked by Coors Field on our way to River North. Does that count?
BSD
AG
quote:
Can't wait for tomorrow! Gonna bathe in crooked stave

Did you have some Chancellor at Wynkoop?

They were not pouring the Chancellor yesterday. We tried just about everything except the Chili beer. That just isn't my style.
BSD
AG
One more pic from yesterday, they had this little gem at Fruition, which happens to be one of my favorite beers.

jetch17
AG
Hooker
BSD
AG
Don't worry Jetch. I have some plans in the works for a nice beer dinner within the next month or so.
Jock 07
AG
Going to try and swing by trinity brewing today
jetch17
AG
Pregnant wife came home from store with a sixer of Love Street & Founders double trouble for me ... Looks at the store be damned, she knows daddy's thirsty on a Sunday
The Beer and I
quote:
Pregnant wife came home from store with a sixer of Love Street & Founders double trouble for me ... Looks at the store be damned, she knows daddy's thirsty on a Sunday

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to drink alcohol while pregnant, but I think it's ok to have one if it's the 3rd trimester.
jetch17
AG
Not for her, slick
MADDUD
My wife came home only with Shiner Bock and Natty. Of course that's what I asked for since I was going to be outside smoking ribs.
The Beer and I
quote:
Not for her, slick

Damn, I guess she sticks to liquor?

How was the love street, I've heard mixed reviews.
jetch17
AG
Nice & light... Nice summertime beer, easy drinkin kolsch
jetch17
AG
Didn't mean the heart icon, it's not THAT great

This on the other hand is the balls

The Beer and I
I was wondering about the heart icon!

Double Trouble is legit, I'm hoping we get Devil Dancer here when it comes out.
BSD
AG
What a day!  Drinking with NColoradoAg and his group was a great experience.  But first, I had to check out of the hotel and was reminded that Comic Con was in full swing...

I wish I had taken more pics of these guys, they were hilarious.  I loved the Spock'ed out "you better Trek yoself before you wreck yoself" shirt.

After brunch at Rioja (holy balls good food!), we cabbed it over to Crooked Stave for the Cellar Reserve Member Release and to sample the beers shown below.  There was a little bottle share going on out back and I've listed those below if they weren't pictures.  Some are missing as there was just so much that I couldn't write it all down.  Anyways, here are some pics:

You really wouldn't know a brewery was here unless you were looking for it.  I think people grow weed in the warehouse next door because something was smelling dank when the neighbors showed up.

Mrs.  Stoutfire from Bruery 
West Ashley /Saison with apricot 
Logsdon Cerasus
Cosmos
Cigar city Home front IPA 
2011 cascade noyaux
AC golden Pesche
2011 Cantillion 
Alpine magnificent 7
Pipeworks raspberry truffle abduction!!! (NCol came thru!!! That was awesome)
Fantome chocolat
Imperial Stouttrooper

Thanks to NCol for all the help in setting thus trip up.  I can't wait til the next party!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 6/2/2013 8:59p).]
jetch17
maca1028
Wow!
NColoradoAG
What, no ridiculous beer haul picture? I'm kinda disappointed.

That's my foot in your enlightenment ales picture. I did not sign any release for that!

Its awesome that you made it up. That was a nice little taste of the awesome beer scene here in Colorado. I'm glad that the bottle share started up out back. It was really cool that Chad was mingling out there with everyone today. Thanks for sharing the dark lord.

I just popped one of these. Pretty damn good

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 6/2/2013 11:21p).]
NColoradoAG
quote:
You really wouldn't know a brewery was here unless you were looking for it. I think people grow weed in the warehouse next door because something was smelling dank when the neighbors showed up.

Yes, yes, they are. A lot of it from what I can tell. I'm surprised TSA didn't stop you for a full cavity search.
Jock 07
AG
I've really gotta get my ass up there for a beer day
NColoradoAG
quote:
I've really gotta get my ass up there for a beer day

We should plan something for the day Avery releases Uncle Jacobs Stout. That should be within the next 6 weeks.
Jock 07
AG
Word, also is the longest thread on texags now?
Jock 07
AG
Speaking of Avery, are you goin to their sourfest? Saw something here sayin they sold out within 4 minutes
NColoradoAG
Nope, spending the weekend in the mountains for my 30th. Gonna have our own little sour fest up there.

It's a great festival, though. I told BSD today that he should plan a trip up here around it next summer.

4 minutes is generous. More like 40 seconds.
BSD
AG
quote:
What, no ridiculous beer haul picture? I'm kinda disappointed.

We just got home so here's the haul!

48 bottles total which included 3 gifts from NCol.  Thanks again for those!

I almost forgot the celebrity sighting at the party...

BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
You really wouldn't know a brewery was here unless you were looking for it. I think people grow weed in the warehouse next door because something was smelling dank when the neighbors showed up.

Yes, yes, they are. A lot of it from what I can tell. I'm surprised TSA didn't stop you for a full cavity search.

So that's what that was all about. I just thought they were really friendly. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to tip for that or not.
army01
AG
Gawddamn.
NColoradoAG
I'm too lazy to take everything out of the boxes.
62strat
AG
Damn BSD, your first picture back a couple pages with the beer next to the register, I saw that and said that looks like falling rock!

Sure enough.

Wife and I were there Friday the 31st before the rockies/dodgers game (were there until 3rd inning, ~7pm maybe?). We may have crossed paths? Your picture was pretty late.

We almost went back after game, but wondered over to celtic tavern instead. At falling rock I had a Russian river blind pig and then a Crooked Stave Vielle Artesinal.

Glad Denver showed you a good time!

You could come back a dozen times and still not hit all the beer places
BSD
AG
Strat, you were a few hours ahead of us. We landed at 8:30pm and didn't get to the bar until the 10th which was around 10:00 or 10:30. Since it went to extra innings, we were able to get a spot at the bar before the crowds came.
Falcon85
AG
How was the Goose Island Bourbon County?
Jock 07
AG
BSDs picture inspired me to pop open my bottle tonight. I really like this stuff. Not overly powering sour.

62strat
AG
Stopped by Crabtree brewing in Greeley tonight, not bad. Had their golden 8, a Belgian golden strong. Paired with a prime rib from TX roadhouse

While I was there I realized, or confirmed rather, that CO has damn good looking girls. On Friday, the wife and I went to baseball game and I even mentioned it to her. A random baseball game crowd and I'd say more than half of ALL women there 18 (i hope anyway!) to say 35-ish were a solid 7 out of 10. The main difference I see is the weight. 9.5 out of 10 people here are a healthy weight, ie. skinny. Far cry from a random Houston crowd. Lots of fatties in the south, with the food and hot ass summers being the culprit no doubt.

Anyway tonight, no exception. Podunk town like Greeley, (sorry NOCO!) and I tell no lie I saw 3 women there (kind of empty since it was 8 already) and all 3 were a solid 7+. 1 was smokin hot. One just a decent face but baaarely plump with some nice jigglin D's and the other a cute little brunette.
Same whole I was waiting for my food at tx roadhouse. I swear every party that left, if there was a girl, he was hot. Along with the entire waitstaff. And Greeley, from what I can tell, is an oil and gas, blue collar town. Not your typical criteria to breed good looking women.

Sorry, had to share. So many posts in the past throughout TexAgs comparing women of different regions so I thought I'd comment.

Off topic again, at the game I saw a dude drop his hotdog, he went down to try and salvage it and the poor fella spilled his entire beer whilst doing so.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 6/3/2013 11:03p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 227 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.