Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,690,658 Views | 62675 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by maca1028
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I only buy Elissa when Christmas Ale is available. Last year I decided to drink six or seven Sailing Santas in one sitting. That was a huge mistake.
AggieOO
i wasn't a huge fan of the Sailing Santa. Not bad, but not great. then again, i'm not a big IPA fan, so to me, its basically ruining a christmas by dumping IPA into it.
La Fours
AG
wtf is a sailing santa?
spadilly
S
sailing santas.

1/2 bottle of St A Christmas Ale
1/2 bottle of St A Elissa IPA

spadilly
S
but don't buy the prebottled Sailing Santas.

I'm not the only one who realized that something was different when they bottled it. Always grab a sixer of each beer and mix them yourself at home.

Green Fairy
AG
I was fortunate enough to pick up two Uncle Jacob stouts at the midtown Specs after my venture dowtown to the dentist this afternoon. They had two more left on the shelf. Stopped by HEB Buffalo Market afterwards and grabbed two Brux.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 7/12/2012 6:53p).]
62strat
AG
anybody seen this one yet? I just heard about it, saw an article in magnolia paper.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/magnolia/news/lone-pint-brewery-hopes-to-be-on-tap-by-fall/article_92485bbf-a80f-5709-8f3d-c4b24d2fdc6e.html

http://houston.backpage.com/Bars/lone-pint-brewery-507-commerce-street-magnolia-tx-77355-ph-7133045069/14397412
gordo97
AG
i had Kill Devil from Widmer last night..... it was kinda meh
La Fours
AG
For those who have picked up some Brux, any of you tried it yet?
Engine10
AG
Enjoying Conflux No. 2 and a Twlight Summer from Deschutes in Oregon tonight!
BSD
AG
quote:

Not yet. I am having wine with dinner but hope to break out the Brux afterwards. (I can't do Brett/sour beers before wine)
defroach
Lovejoys in Austin is shutting down Aug 5th...according to beer advocate.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:

Not yet, but I may have to crack one open this weekend. I went with the Stone Bottleworks 13 Anniv brew (that was some heavy s**t....shouldn't be surprised at 11%abv) and a Samuel Smith Best Ale, which was surprisingly kick ass. For whatever reason I've never picked up any of the Samuel Smith stuff, and this beer was really great...especially for the summer. Very light and just slightly tart. I'll be buying it again.
NColoradoAG
Brux hasn't even dropped in CO yet. WTF
Burnsey
AG
62strat,
Thanks for posting info on Lone Pint.
BSD
AG
I hope Lone Pint sends some beer this way. That's a long drive after drinking!

I didn't end up drinking the Brux last night. I drank too much wine and I passed out on the couch watching Whale Wars after our guests left. I hope to get into it tonight.
jetch17
AG
I like getting lit and rooting for the Japanese on occasion
BSD
AG
Oh yeah, I root for the whales first, then the Japanese. The stick pop to the head on that one hippie was GLORIOUS!!!
La Fours
AG
I always root for the Japanese when watching that show. I really hate the Sea Shepard people.
defroach
Dragged up to Lubbock for the weekend and picked up 3 bottles of Wicked Beaver...their local brewery. Curious on this one....
blsinbcs
AG
If ya'll ever have the chance to try this...do it!

Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER catchup TIME!

http://untappd.com/user/BottleCapAg/checkin/9883041

Interesting beer here. It's on tap here in CS so go try it!
jah003
S
Enjoying my time in MN... Had a couple Surly's at the twins game last night. Currently enjoying a few brews from goose island. Already planning my checked baggage and beer plan of attack...
Jason_Ag98
AG
Picked up some Oskar Blues Old Chub at HEB today and it's very nice!
defroach
I wouldn't be surprised to see goose island in TX soon as its now owned by Anheiser Busch....
EFE
AG
Having a hop juice or three, this stuff is de-fooking-licious!
Green Fairy
AG
Cracked open the Brux this evening and shared with a friend. We both thought it was really good. I have another bottle, and will probably pick up another couple before they run out.
Green Fairy
AG

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 7/14/2012 9:48p).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
IT's BEER TIME!!

http://untappd.com/user/BottleCapAg/checkin/9980632

3 Phil is some good stuff. I pretty much knew it would be but have not had it until now. This is the first bottle from my Ommegang sampler box.

Great nose, you really get the alcohol or at least an aroma that is similar to that. The alcohol is well hidden in the taste. I would like to have some Avery Reverend for a side by side.
shilenda99
AG

quote:
Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.
H. L. Mencken
jetch17
AG
Had a Deschutes Twlight, Karbach double dry hopped Hopadillo & Victory Helios at Hay Merchant tonight.
defroach
Marooned...how did it take you that long to have 3 Phil? Sort of surprised that it took you that long...
713nervy
AG
quote:
I like getting lit and rooting for the Japanese on occasion

Is this code for Asian hooker? Need to know before I go to Thailand in 2 weeks.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
defroach, it has been on my list for a long time. I always figured it would be good so I was sort of saving it for a special occasion. When those rolled around I always ended up getting something else that was perhaps more amenable to the group and saying "oh, next time" to 3Phil.

The 3Phil there was part of my Ommegang sampler box and it happened to be the first one I pulled (lucky me huh?). With that, the beverage highlight of yesterday was 3 Phil!
Marooned_n_Aggieland
A beverage for pit tending ..

Good old Hacker Dunkel, one of my favorite dark wheat beers. This has a better taste than the Warsteiner I posted last week coming from a wheat/hefe base. This brew comes in on tap here in CS from time to time and it is easier to find in stores than Hacker's regular weisse beer, which I also enjoy.

untappd.com/user/BottleCapAg/checkin/9972027
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.