Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,033 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Jock 07
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Russian River has landed in Texas! (via Sierra Nevada)

AggieOO
i literally just posted about that hitting austin. too bad i probably one be able to get it before its gone.
BSD
AG
Just saw that. At $16 each, there will probably still be some. If not, let me know.
AggieOO
luckily, work is close to whip-in. might be able to get the gf to pick me up a bottle if she gets done volunteering early. I'll let you know.
jetch17
AG
tasty, whered you get it BSD? Specs?
BSD
AG
HEB Bunker Hill. They had 10 cases he said. 9.5 now...
AggieOO
can only get one bottle at Whip In, but I don't really need a bunch of bottles since I'm dry right now.
NColoradoAG
Defroach, did you drink that Devil Dancer yet? I didn't like last years, but I hear this new batch is pretty good.
streetfighter2012
AG
Will anywhere else in the tine have it besides the HEB on Bunker Hill?

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 7/10/2012 2:35p).]
defroach
I have not drank any of them...still gonna go through and age some of them...just haven't really decided which. I have to go through the 3 growlers that are not pictured first before I even begin on the bottles.
defroach
Im impressed you can honestly see anything in that picture...never realized how crappy it really was until I saw it on a comp.

Hell, I still don't even know what is in that group of bottles, I just went a little crazy and started grabbing a bunch of things that I have never seen based on the beer store's suggestions.
spadilly
S
Got my hands on some Brux and a bomber of Ovila Golden this afternoon.

[This message has been edited by Spadilly (edited 7/10/2012 3:24p).]
BSD
AG
I picked up an Ovila as well.
BSD
AG
I was having a good beer day and then saw this release from Three Floyd’s:

·         The first all Brett beer from 3 Floyds, named Battle Priest, which has been fermented in Pinot Noir barrels is available in 750 mL bottles for purchase today. Limited release today with one bottle per person allotment.
defroach
Hey, TABC is just protecting us from the evils of those out-of-state northerner beer. We don't want them invading our shelves, do we?
NColoradoAG
I'm just a bit of a beer geek.

Devil Dancer is one of those mythical "triple IPA's" that the ABA and BJCP don't really recognize. Kind of like Pliny the Younger.

Last years Devil Dancer was the biggest onion bomb of an ale I've ever had. I like Summit and Columbus hops, but that brew made Deviant Dales taste like sweet tea. I've heard this years batch is more balanced in aroma and flavor.

I really like the Centennial IPA as well. Curmudgeon and Reds Rye are the others I see you bought that I buy when I'm around Founders distro. I love their Breakfast and Imperial Stouts as well, but those are winter beers so they would've probably been long gone. Hell, I love everything Founders makes.

The Southern Tier Unearthly and Peoples Porter were also good choices.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 7/10/2012 5:09p).]
AggieOO
Picked a brux and ovila golden.
helgs
AG
BSD, what's your monthly beer budget? 4 figures?
BSD
AG
Having a budget would imply that I have some sort of control.
defroach
I doubt the Whip In will have any tonight, but I know I will be stopping by for a beer and will take a gander at the selection...
jetch17
AG
picked up a Stone Ruination 10 at Central Market for the hell of it today since they had a case in. Nothing else really grabbed my balls though. No Brux, ill swing by Bunker this week and see if they have any left.

The guy at CM said D&Q got a bunch too. He also said D&Q lost thier Growler license? what a bloj.
AggieOO
I picked up Brux at Specs. Had to ask for it, but you might be able to find it there.
jetch17
AG
BSD, look what came full circle and was handed to me on the way out at work today... My reply was 'wigger please' but I took it anyway

BSD
AG
What the hell, man??? Do we look like *****es? Then why is everyone treating us like one?

jetch17
AG
I'll pawn it off at a bottle share
Pahdz
Had Rogue's Northwestern Ale while in Seattle. While I thought it may be a little gimmicky (you know, with the boat and Sig Hansen's face on the tap handle), I found the beer freaking awesome.
La Fours
AG
I see a Hop Stoopid in my future when I get home.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
There was a case of Brux at H-E-B on Buffalo Speedways. Sucks about D&Q's growler situation. Way cheaper than Hay Merchant.
jah003
S
So, I'm currently spending about a week in the Minneapolis area. Anybody have any good recommendations I should seek out and bring down to Texas with me? Don't think a trip over to Wisconsin is going to be in my cards. I'm a little sad about not being able to stock up on New Glarus this trip.
BSD
AG
Surly.
mckinneyttu97
I keep returning to Deviants Dales. Thats good Brew there
jetch17
AG
I am glad Deviant is easy to find now, enjoyed my last one last night.
jetch17
AG
i also saw that Saint A has already shipped the last of the Summer Pils and Oktoberfest will be on the shelves this month.... those wieners need to get thier seasonals in order, Oktoberfest in July licks balls. Whats next Winter Stout in October? probably....

not that i even drink much Saint A anymore, but still...rabble rabble rabble
jh0400
AG
quote:
Whats next Winter Stout in October?

Hopefully that means a Thanksgiving full of Sailing Santas.
jetch17
AG
the real ones, not the prebottled shiz.

im thinking this year ill do them with a better IPA, becuase im really not an Elissa fan. I think mixing it with the Xmas is why its palateable for me. that and itll get ya druuunk.
First Page Last Page
Page 99 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.