Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,811 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quincey P. Morris
SecoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like a good dude, didn't mean to poke too much fun at the rook.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I know the head brewer who gave me a taste was very happy with the result.
Is this still Eric?
yes. he's a great guy.
Yeh wife and I got a tour from him like the first month or so they opened. There was no one else there, so he showed us around! We talked quite a bit, then I subsequently met him several times at some beer events at Rockwells, then again at GABF the next year after we moved to Denver. Them my uncle gave me a wheat beer book (for homebrewing reference), and I turn it over and see none other than a twenty something Eric Warner.. I was like hah I know that guy!

He's very accomplished. And I was a big fan of Flying dog in late 2000s, coincidentally while he was there. Their mix pack was my go-to.

I ride with Karbach for the MS150 every year. We have private, no line beer inside the tent, but they give out free beer to other riders outside. Eric is out there pouring beers for the masses every year. He hangs out, serves food, chats, etc. 99.9% of people that roll up to grab free beer have no idea they are being served by the same guy who brewed their beer.
reesei10
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I follow this thread, but don't ever post. Did a rookie with 9 posts just swoop in and snag some Juicy Bits?

Probably Hickory High's sock. Gonna get it sent to his mule in Austin.

I hope he isnt associated with that guy

He's not. He's my BIL and good dude. He joined the beer thread with the March Madness Bracket Challenge. He sent a pretty good box with lots of good Austin beers when he lost.
Dam! I go to bed all excited about some Juicy Bits and that my paypal account still works, and then wake to being associated with Hickory High.

Thanks Bookman for clearing the air, and for the heads up on Juicy Bits for Austin.

I will try to post more so I can clear up this "rookie" status, but I will say this...

I drink more because of this blog; I see all of this good beer and then I feel the need to find/buy/drink.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Is this still Eric?
yes. he's a great guy.
Yeh wife and I got a tour from him like the first month or so they opened. There was no one else there, so he showed us around! We talked quite a bit, then I subsequently met him several times at some beer events at Rockwells, then again at GABF the next year after we moved to Denver. Them my uncle gave me a wheat beer book (for homebrewing reference), and I turn it over and see none other than a twenty something Eric Warner.. I was like hah I know that guy!

He's very accomplished. And I was a big fan of Flying dog in late 2000s, coincidentally while he was there. Their mix pack was my go-to.

99.9% of people that roll up to grab free beer have no idea they are being served by the same guy who brewed their beer.
Or being served by a guy who's coming up on 30 years in the business. Not many people go that far back!
big-ag
AG
Felt a bit weird to be drinking this when it was 100+ outside.

Tasty but I liked last year's better.
62strat
AG
quote:

I'm about to go pick up a 6er of Dry Dock Docktoberfest.. on sale for $8! It's the perfect time of year; fall is upon us.. well most of us

My 5 day:
Th - 86/55
F - 77/53
S - 76/54
S - 83/57
M - 86/58
62strat
AG
Zwanze Day -

Confirmed locations
USA
- Anchorage Brewing Co. -- Anchorage, Alaska
- Armsby Abbey -- Worcester, Massachusetts
- Avenue Pub -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bagby Beer -- Oceanside, California
- Beachwood BBQ -- Seal Beach, California
- Crooked Stave Barrel Cellar -- Denver, Colorado
- De GardeBrewing -- Tillamook, Oregon
- Fool's Gold -- Manhattan, New York
- Green Bench Brewing Co. -- St-Petersburg, Florida
- Hill Farmstead Brewery -- Greensboro, Vermont
- Holy Grale -- Louisville, Kentucky
- Jester King Brewery -- Austin, Texas
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales -- Dexter, Michigan
- Mikkeller Bar -- San Fransisco, California
- Monk's Caf -- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Novare Res Bier Caf -- Portland, Maine
- Playalinda Brewing Co. -- Titusville, Florida
- REAL a Gastropub -- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Russian River Brewing -- Santa Rosa, California
- Schera's -- Elkader, Iowa
- Side Project Cellar -- Maplewood, Missouri
- Slow Boat Tavern -- Seattle, Washington
- Spuyten Duyvil -- Brooklyn, New York
- The Sovereign -- Washington D.C.
- Thin Man Brewery Buffalo, New-York
- Trillium Brewing Co. -- Canton, Massachusetts
- West Lakeview Liquors -- Chicago, Illinois
- 1 more place to be confirmed
Kyle98
AG
Deep Ellum Dreamcrusher at a bar in Terminal B at DFW! Good start to my 18 days in El Paso!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yeungling this afternoon
Hudson2508
AG
JH0400 is the man....

http://www.trbimg.com/img-502338e1/turbine/sns-c-tv-movie-cars-007/364/364x205
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I'm about to go pick up a 6er of Dry Dock Docktoberfest.. on sale for $8! It's the perfect time of year; fall is upon us.. well most of us

My 5 day:
Th - 86/55
F - 77/53
S - 76/54
S - 83/57
M - 86/58

jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

My 5 day:
Th - 86/55
F - 77/53
S - 76/54
S - 83/57
M - 86/58

Hey everybody. Did you know 62Strat lives in Colorado, and it isn't as hot there as it is in Texas?
Jock 07
AG
The hell is in Elkader, Iowa?
Guess I'll have to see how far from Omaha it is
La Fours
AG
Toppling Goliath?
La Fours
AG
Never mind. That's in Decorah, IA.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
This might explain it (from the restaurant's website):

Today...Schera's has become a culinary and cultural destination for travelers throughout the Tri-State area. It has been featured in NPR, the BBC and its commonwealth affiliates in Australia, New Zealand and Canada, on IPTV, as well as being featured on CNN. In September 2011, Frederique left the restaurant to found Abu Nawas Beverage Co., a specialty beer wholesaler dedicated to bringing some of the finest craft beers in the world to Iowa. However, you may still find him once in a while enjoying a drink at the restaurant and willing to talk about our story and journey to Elkader.
Hub05
AG

Had a terrible band aid batch of this a couple years back, but this newer was incredible. Wish i had stocked up in FL.
jetch17
AG
Anyone have the link to the Brash anniv tickets that go on sale tomorrow?

I hope to sh*t I remember, unless one of you brosephs that are going want to grab me a ticket since I'll be downtown at a convention
Scriffer
AG
Would be awesome if it weren't completely flat.

maca1028
I don't thing they've posted the link yet

I'm trying to find out if you can send someone by proxy. At this point I'm working that Saturday.
jetch17
AG
Right on. On FB they said you can send someone to redeem the HSF bottles, but you cannot redeem at a later time
maca1028
quote:
Right on. On FB they said you can send someone to redeem the HSF bottles, but you cannot redeem at a later time

I like it!
cc10106
Looks like they're already on sale:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1st-anniversary-and-hsf-bottle-release-tickets-26993279626?aff=es2
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Is this still Eric?
yes. he's a great guy.

99.9% of people that roll up to grab free beer have no idea they are being served by the same guy who brewed their beer.
Or being served by a guy who's coming up on 30 years in the business. Not many people go that far back!

Eric is still the Brewmaster/President (his self-appointed title would be "Yeast Rancher"), but the Head Brewer I was referring to who gave me the sample of 5th Anniversary is Chris Juergen, a Texas Aggie dairy science grad and UC-Davis Aggie brewing masters grad. He heads up the actual brewing from day-to-day.
MathNewman06
AG
quote:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1st-anniversary-and-hsf-bottle-release-tickets-26993279626?aff=es2

Nice find. Thanks.
Jock 07
AG
Few things in this world piss me off more than when I open a beer expecting a kickass beer only to find it flatter than levelland.
Jock 07
AG
This evening's selections

La Fours
AG
La Fours
AG
And yes I know James McMurtry sang it first. But I like REK's version better.
jetch17
AG
quote:

Nice find!
62strat
AG
quote:
Apparently an Algerian American Restaurant that gets Cantillon hah.
IronRed13
AG
Represent830
AG
I've never had Revolver... is it even any good?
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

My 5 day:
Th - 86/55
F - 77/53
S - 76/54
S - 83/57
M - 86/58

Hey everybody. Did you know 62Strat lives in Colorado, and it isn't as hot there as it is in Texas?
Damn straight!

La Fours
AG
They make good stuff. Nothing exceptional IMO. But pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of blood and honey like some others.
First Page Last Page
Page 993 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.