Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,692 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, you definitely need to get into him especially since that damn house isn't even a year old.
jah003
S
Your weekly JK bottle release update...

I can hear the extreme conservative Christians firing up their email now...
62strat
AG
It looks like Jesus has fangs.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sounds awesome

Edit to add: non-beer Q...anyone try Modern Times cold brew? Just got a can of it a day ago.

I think there's modern times beer where this came from, what beer should I be looking for?
dave99ag
AG
quote:
It looks like Jesus has fangs.

Maybe they're fans of True Blood.
TAM85
Have any of you gone to the Sundown at the Grove events in Houston? Tonight looks like Goose Island.
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:
Sounds awesome

Edit to add: non-beer Q...anyone try Modern Times cold brew? Just got a can of it a day ago.

I think there's modern times beer where this came from, what beer should I be looking for?
So far, I haven't had a beer from MT that I didn't like. Beers I've had that I would recommend:
Fruitlands - Apricot.
Universal Friend - Grape Saison
Blazing World.
Accumulated Knowledge.
Monsters Park
BBA Monsters Park w/Cocoa Nibs & Coconut
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Have any of you gone to the Sundown at the Grove events in Houston? Tonight looks like Goose Island.
Yes. They're alright. GF used to work for Houstonia magazine (who used to sponsor it) so she would have to work these events every now and then. It's basically a pro-level happy hour. FWIW, most of the chicks that attend are well above average.
dave99ag
AG
Why can't Toppling Goliath come to Texas? PseudoSue is so damn good!
Hudson2508
AG
Just had Stickee Monkee on draft tonight, FW knows their ***** Damn good beer.
Jock 07
AG
One of the best barrel programs in the country IMO. Solid IPAs as well. Still need to check out the Luponic distortion
Hudson2508
AG
Parabola is the last beer of theirs I need to find. Had one but parted with it in a trade, kind of regret it now.
Jock 07
AG
Yea that's probably the best along with the anniversaries. I buy multiples of all of them each year except for the velvet merkin which doesn't do much for me. Kind of bummed that I won't see them in NE. But luckily I have a pretty decent library that should help me get through 3 years.
docaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Sounds awesome

So far, I haven't had a beer from MT that I didn't like. Beers I've had that I would recommend:
Fruitlands - Apricot.
Blazing World.
Accumulated Knowledge.
Monsters Park
I had the Fruitlands Apricot and loved it. I've got a Papaya version waiting in the fridge.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
Little thin, the fruit is different

Bmac04
AG
quote:
Parabola is the last beer of theirs I need to find. Had one but parted with it in a trade, kind of regret it now.

Let me see what I can do, just gave 2 away
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sounds awesome

Fruitlands - Apricot.
Blazing World.
Accumulated Knowledge.
Monsters Park
I had the Fruitlands Apricot and loved it. I've got a Papaya version waiting in the fridge.

Agreed on the Apricot, my wife and I love that beer. Papaya sounds really good too. Can't wait try more of their Fruitland offerings. Are you in TX?
dixie whiskey
AG
I noticed today my local krogers now carries tallgrass and gigantic brewing. I've seen a little talk about tallgrass 8bit here and elsewhere, but otherwise don't know much about either brewery. other than 8bit, the raspberry jam intrigued me, and they also had a iipa, an oatmeal stout, and maybe one other as far as tallgrass grows. there were 3 gigantic brews, a black dopplebock, a iipa, and an English pale ale. I was in a hurry, but grabbed the dopplebock (and as it turned out it wasn't priced yet, only paid $4), and I'll likely try it tomorrow.

so texags beer thread, which, if any, of these brews should I try? without any knowledge on the subject, I'm thinking my next purchase will be raspberry jam, but I defer to you.
docaggie
AG
Yes. I had it shipped to me.
If I lived where it was plentiful, I'd buy it by the case.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Scriffer
AG
I don't know Gigantic, but I love Tallgrass. Buffalo Sweat is a great milk stout (I've never had any of the variants), and I'm working my way through a four pack of their Songbird Saison right now.
dave99ag
AG
Isn't it a little early in the morning for a saison?
big-ag
AG
I've had the 8 bit and Buffalo Sweat.

8 bit is solid but the Buffalo Sweat is very very good. Have a can of it chilling in the fridge for tonight.
big-ag
AG
Beer mail.

Focal Banger is very in your face with pungency. Very very good.

However, the balance of smoothness of Heady and Crusher are incredible. Well worth the cost to get them shipped.

Note: I don't recommend slamming these 3 within 20 minutes of each other. The room seems to spin.

Edit: Makes it hard to take good pics too apparently.
steve00
AG
I agree with your assessment. Focal Banger did not live up to the other two for me either.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
I agree with your assessment. Focal Banger did not live up to the other two for me either.
Heady Banger is a pretty good combo if you have some extra cans, just half of each.
jah003
S
quote:

He's just getting in shape for football season...
jh0400
AG
quote:
Beer mail.

Focal Banger is very in your face with pungency. Very very good.

However, the balance of smoothness of Heady and Crusher are incredible. Well worth the cost to get them shipped.

Note: I don't recommend slamming these 3 within 20 minutes of each other. The room seems to spin.

Edit: Makes it hard to take good pics too apparently.

I've been eyeing some of the listings for NE IPAs on MBC. It looks like $75 for a four pack of Heady with shipping is the most common deal. I can't decide if I'd rather have all Heady or go after one of the boxes with a mix of Alchemist and Tree House.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
dave99ag
Scriffer
AG
Beer mail arrived! Many thanks to NColorado, and I'll be distributing to the Dallas crew this weekend.

Helluva packing job, too.
BSD
AG
It seems the Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze release is going well again.
La Fours
AG
quote:
It seems the Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze release is going well again.
Hudson2508
AG
What a cluster****.
La Fours
AG
BSD
AG
I have bottles in my cart if anyone in SD is checking this in the next 7 minutes
First Page Last Page
Page 982 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.