Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,657,940 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by maca1028
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Deschutes The Dissident 2015 was a complete impulse buy. What did I get?

Just a beer I've been trying to track down the past few years that doesn't seem to see distribution in Colorado
army01
AG
quote:

Found these last night (Dallas, Whole Foods, Lomo Alto). Only one I have had previously is Audio Palette. Hard for me to pass up at $10, I really enjoyed it at the brewery.

Any updates on the Fantome Del Rey? I don't see any posts from them since their original addendum. I know a few of y'all have opened it since and found no issues.

I can't speak to the others, but for the Dissident, you probably need to go back and buy another. One to drink now, and one to stick your d in.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

Found these last night (Dallas, Whole Foods, Lomo Alto). Only one I have had previously is Audio Palette. Hard for me to pass up at $10, I really enjoyed it at the brewery.

Any updates on the Fantome Del Rey? I don't see any posts from them since their original addendum. I know a few of y'all have opened it since and found no issues.

I can't speak to the others, but for the Dissident, you probably need to go back and buy another. One to drink now, and one to stick your d in.
dave99ag
AG
Don't forget to wear protection.

army01
AG
quote:
Don't forget to wear protection.

Excellent point.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ha, I'll wear protection.

This bottle was the only one they had out, but I'll call after work and may stop by if I can get another. I stop by this location here and then, and have been there a few times over the past 2 weeks. This bottle just randomly popped up on their counter.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thanks for watching out for me.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Just a beer I've been trying to track down the past few years that doesn't seem to see distribution in Colorado

Send you mine for a few CO beers.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Send you mine for a few CO beers.
PM sent
Jock 07
AG
Not getting a ton of chocolate from this, vanilla is still by far my favorite

SecoKid
AG
I'm heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks. What are the can't miss beer stops? What should I mule back? Was it Dave99ag that was there a few weeks ago?
dave99ag
AG
We were there over Memorial weekend and stayed downtown. I actually didn't have too much time to search due the wedding. Brought back some 3 Floyd's bombers I found at Whole Foods. Drank plenty of Half Acre Daisy Cutter and various Revolution beers. Wish I had more time to explore Chicago,
Chipotlemonger
AG
Birthday this weekend, planning on getting into something good.

Was gonna hit up Taps and Caps in Lewisville, however, just a PSA, I've heard and seen now that the DNT will be completely closed up near there. Getting to it may suck.

Guess I can do Craft and Growler or that Lakewood Growler. Have never been to Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton. Is that a good shop?

DallasAggie2012
AG
Lone Star Beverages is a really great shop. It looks a little low key from the outside, but they always have a really strong selection of beers inside and nice, helpful employees. If you make it there, its only about 5 more minutes north to get to the original Lone Star Taps and Caps too.
BSD
AG
quote:
I'm heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks. What are the can't miss beer stops? What should I mule back? Was it Dave99ag that was there a few weeks ago?
The large Binny's south loop store has a good selection if you don't grab bottles at brewpubs. But if you are getting out and about, here are some good ones:

Three Floyd's (out of the way)
Half Acre taproom
Revolution Brewpub or taproom (yes there are two spots. THe taproom is more "industrial" where the brewpub is a bar/restaurant)
Hopleaf
Empirical Brewing- near Hopleaf. disclaimer: a friend of mine owns it so I have to give it props...solid beers
Maproom
Sheffield's
(be sure to ask for reserve bottle lists at each bar)

Kuma's Corner (the original on Belmont) for burgers, death metal, and Jack Daniels on tap (and good beers)
Bad Apple (across from Half Acre) for burgers - great bottle list, can't take them to go...I tried.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Cool. Guess if I'm making Beverages, I should be able to complete the trip and make it to Taps and Caps through the town. Will keep me away from that mess at 121/DNT that the closures will call.
Scriffer
AG
Love Star Beverages is great. I'm moving up that way this weekend, so I'm pretty excited for that. To get to Taps and Caps from there while avoiding the Tollway, just go straight north on Josey. It'll be on your right just before 121.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
quote:
The large Binny's south loop store has a good selection if you don't grab bottles at brewpubs. But if you are getting out and about, here are some good ones:

Three Floyd's (out of the way)
Half Acre taproom
Revolution Brewpub or taproom (yes there are two spots. THe taproom is more "industrial" where the brewpub is a bar/restaurant)
Hopleaf
Empirical Brewing- near Hopleaf. disclaimer: a friend of mine owns it so I have to give it props...solid beers
Maproom
Sheffield's
(be sure to ask for reserve bottle lists at each bar)

Kuma's Corner (the original on Belmont) for burgers, death metal, and Jack Daniels on tap (and good beers)
Bad Apple (across from Half Acre) for burgers - great bottle list, can't take them to go...I tried.

This is great list.
txag2008
AG
It's a great shop but they're also pretty proud of it and their prices are reflective. I wouldn't use the shop to buy your normal stuff but for special one off stuff it's great.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Man we really need to start a group document to save all of the great beer/food info for certain cities like this into one place that everyone can access. Between everyone here, we could put together a pretty comprehensive list people could just reference whenever they are traveling.
AggieOO
quote:
We were there over Memorial weekend and stayed downtown. I actually didn't have too much time to search due the wedding. Brought back some 3 Floyd's bombers I found at Whole Foods. Drank plenty of Half Acre Daisy Cutter and various Revolution beers. Wish I had more time to explore Chicago,
Revolution is good. Haven't had a bad beer from them. We've been to the Brew Pub (across the street from sister-in-law's apartment) numerous times and we went to the Brewery last time we were there.

We also hit up Lagunitas. They have a really sweet build out and the place is HUGE. Obvoiusly feels more like a large brewery than your typical craft brewery though.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Man we really need to start a group document to save all of the great beer/food info for certain cities like this into one place that everyone can access. Between everyone here, we could put together a pretty comprehensive list people could just reference whenever they are traveling.
Love this idea. Who set up the BIF spreadsheet? Could do something similar with different tabs at the bottom with the city name.
Represent830
AG
Ugh... stupid work computer won't let me have access to google sheets. If not one else does this I'll do it tonight at home.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

This is a great idea.

I too, am blocked from google sheets at work.
62strat
AG
Don't look.. but come on you know you want to..

http://www.beeroftomorrow.com/calories-in-craft-beer/

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
So.... 2.5 calories per 1 oz per 1%.
Represent830
AG
I use that chart daily.
Chipotlemonger
AG
One of the best beers I have ever had.

JK biere de Blanc du Bois.batch #2
62strat
AG
quote:
i guess until you get to very high FG, sugary stuff. His Black Tuesday example, 20%, 6oz is 500 cals. Factor of 4.2x per 1% per oz.

God I can't imagine what I consume at gabf. I estimate 80 samples, 1 oz, large majority 7% and up. That's 1400 cals by rule of thumb, probably more like 2000 with the high abv stuff, plus 500-1000 in junk food. All in 4 hours hah.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
i guess until you get to very high FG, sugary stuff. His Black Tuesday example, 20%, 6oz is 500 cals. Factor of 4.2x per 1% per oz.

God I can't imagine what I consume at gabf. I estimate 80 samples, 1 oz, large majority 7% and up. That's 1400 cals by rule of thumb, probably more like 2000 with the high abv stuff, plus 500-1000 in junk food. All in 4 hours hah.
No kidding. The peadilite and Gatorade flush all that out, right. And this past year I did both Thursday and Friday sessions.
dixie whiskey
AG
to those who've been, how is the general atmosphere at brash brewing? have a group planning on hitting up a brewery for a birthday in the next 2 or 3 weeks probably so we're trying to settle on one. out of the locals, I'd probably put brash at the top of the list as far as the beer goes, but ive never been, nor have I been to basically any of the local breweries somehow. not sure how that happens, but whatever..

pretty much not considering anything outside of houston proper unless it's on the west/nw side. given I can drink karbach, st arnolds, etc any time I want, I'm definitely leaning brash for my vote. just curious how it is there. plus I want to stock up on ez7 and hopefully cortado cans along with some growler fills.

also open to suggestions
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't know what all you're eating, but I'm almost going to guarantee you it is 2-3x that high.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
to those who've been, how is the general atmosphere at brash brewing? have a group planning on hitting up a brewery for a birthday in the next 2 or 3 weeks probably so we're trying to settle on one. out of the locals, I'd probably put brash at the top of the list as far as the beer goes, but ive never been, nor have I been to basically any of the local breweries somehow. not sure how that happens, but whatever..

pretty much not considering anything outside of houston proper unless it's on the west/nw side. given I can drink karbach, st arnolds, etc any time I want, I'm definitely leaning brash for my vote. just curious how it is there. plus I want to stock up on ez7 and hopefully cortado cans along with some growler fills.

also open to suggestions

It'll take you 30 minutes and 10 passes to find the place, so there's that.
MW13
AG
quote:

also open to suggestions
Brashland is awesome. Loved it when we went there. There was also a food truck outside that had a donut hamburger that was unreal. Add in some metal and some old school arcade games and it was like a sore peter . . . hard to beat.
maca1028
quote:

also open to suggestions

Heavy metal, old school arcade games, old warehouse with weird smells=perfect place for some good beer. Karbach has a full restaurant now and it's not to far from brash so once you get your fill of ***** wagon you can head over there for lunch or dinner.
First Page Last Page
Page 941 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.