Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,000 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by CDub06
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have compiled all the entries for tonight's game
La Fours: 219
Frio Ag: 214
Harrison: 217
maca: 209
Dixie Whiskey: 215
MW13:222
Joe (username unclear): 211
Chipotlemonger: 221
txag2008:220

Good luck to all
Two Down
AG
Doh. I'm Joe.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
The price is wrong, *****.
cc10106
quote:
Waiting in line for beer is about #457 on the list of things I want to do on Memorial Day. It's right after going to a workshop where I'd learn to make artisinal tofu
Then just show up a little early, bring something good to sip on, and you're out by around noon. Just saying you don't have to have your whole day ruined like some of y'all make it out to be.
Chipotlemonger
AG
It is a beautiful place out there too. Better than a bottle line at some warehouse.
Hickory High
AG
Holy Mother of God, I said I was sending it!!!!! Enough is enough. Bought the beer today.
maca1028
Apparently we out drink Chicago here in Houston.
http://cw39.com/2016/05/23/chicago-has-a-beef-with-houston-and-it-has-to-do-with-beer/
My best friend sent his to me, he's the Ag in the video.
AgEng06
AG
Cool video.

However, that chick in there was hard to listen too...
maca1028
BTW, hope you guys in BCS area are staying safe, the radar looks pretty rough up there.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
Waiting in line for beer is about #457 on the list of things I want to do on Memorial Day. It's right after going to a workshop where I'd learn to make artisinal tofu
Then just show up a little early, bring something good to sip on, and you're out by around noon. Just saying you don't have to have your whole day ruined like some of y'all make it out to be.
I didnt say anyone's day was ruined. I just said that there are a lot of other things I'd like to do with my memorial day than wait in line for a beer. Other people value their time and effort differently. There will be at least 550 people who feel differently than me. That's fine, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion that waiting in line for beer is stupid.

Well, other than waiting in line for beer at WeldWerks.
cc10106
quote:
quote:
quote:
I didnt say anyone's day was ruined. I just said that there are a lot of other things I'd like to do with my memorial day than wait in line for a beer. Other people value their time and effort differently. There will be at least 550 people who feel differently than me. That's fine, but it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion that waiting in line for beer is stupid.

Ha, that was directed moreso at all the inevitable posturing about lines and facial hair that goes on here. No one denied you your opinion either, but I agree that WW is definitely worth waiting for.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
Just confirmed that my elitist Austin buddies and I will be battling it out in the line on Monday. Anyone else going to try?
Sweet! That will go great in Hub's beer box!
Sorry Meat, I did see you posted about sending the beer earlier but this gave me just the laugh I needed today.
docaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
The price is wrong, *****.
Not much better for txag2008. LaFours has 219.

550 bottles?
Do you have to show up for something like that in full riot gear, or just some elbow pads and a helmet?
No thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I think Hickory should have to bring his Ginsalis to the first football bottle share and serve it to everyone but himself as penance for his beer crimes. Pretty sure that would rectify at least some of his missteps to this point.
La Fours
AG
quote:
BTW, hope you guys in BCS area are staying safe, the radar looks pretty rough up there.

Thanks. It's pretty bad. Our house is fine. My friend's house took damage from a tornado in Bryan so that sucks. Dave99ag and his family are out of town. Not sure about turfman.
La Fours
AG
Turfman is good. Just texted him.
dave99ag
AG
We're in Chicago (downtown), but the house is safe. Luckily near the top of the neighborhood.

Now to find beer around here. Hotel is on the magnificent mile.
Scriffer
AG
Glad your place is in good shape.

Forget downtown. Take a cab to Sheffield's. http://www.sheffieldschicago.com/
Jock 07
AG
Odd 13 is really dialing it in, might have to swing by there next time I'm out that way. I think Wayne's is close by as well

Jock 07
AG
Speaking of the weather, I had about 6" of hail on the ground here this afternoon.
dave99ag
AG
We're in Chicago (downtown), but the house is safe. Luckily near the top of the neighborhood.

BSD
AG
quote:

dave99ag
AG
Our house is safe...

We have little man in tow, so walking around Navy Pier. I do think I'll be rewarded with a visit to 3F if they're open Monday.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Any beer threaders have any Tupps, yet? Most of their beers are nothing special. They just released an IIPA that is pretty good though. Their IPA is very meh, but this isn't bad at all.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've had their IPA and wheat beer. Saw a couple more options at the store today, Poblano pale ale and IIPA.

But, tonight I am having something else.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That's a damn fine one up.

I actually like the poblano pale, but I tend to like pepper beers more than most.
army01
AG
Tupps packaging reminds me of Dharma Beer

Scriffer
AG
Sitting here thinking about trying to close on two houses tomorrow morning. Seems appropriate.

Represent830
AG
quote:

Wait... But have you HAD artisanal tofu???
Chipotlemonger
AG
How is that, Scriffer?
Scriffer
AG
It's decent. Really heavy on the lavender, though. It doesn't taste very "ginny" to me in the way a BBA beer tastes distinctly like bourbon.
maca1028
quote:

What would it take to get a Crowler?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Everyone was a little low!

Congrats MW13!
MW13
AG
maca1028
That gif
First Page Last Page
Page 931 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.