Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,306 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not to beat the horse too much, but wasn't petrol posting rants similar to falling rock about InBev buyout of goose island?

Isn't that a different kind of deal though?

One was a buyout one was a territory "encroachment." They're not going to take more shelf space or business imo.
dave99ag
AG
I bet they'd STFU if AB InBev gave them a boat load of cash so they could get into the craft pub biz.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Not to beat the horse too much, but wasn't petrol posting rants similar to falling rock about InBev buyout of goose island?

Isn't that a different kind of deal though?

One was a buyout one was a territory "encroachment." They're not going to take more shelf space or business imo.
Probably, I still just read it as a bunch of self righteous whining drivel.
But on another note, just a reminder that you have until noon tomorrow to get in on the BIF
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you for the reminder! Haven't sent my entry yet.
zephyrtexan
AG
quote:
Possibly. His posts definitely got deleted. He made a few disparaging "Aggie" remarks after the loss on the baseball board.

Wait. Seriously? Because he and I were going to do some beer shopping tomorrow so he could send his beer and I could take care of my stuff.

Seriously, he's good people, he just let school and work crop up and didn't express that well enough.

Although, getting exacerbated about losing to Vandy is s little ridiculous. Won't deny that. They're damn good and we're still in it. Hell, coming back from the losers bracket is how they beat us last year.
Hickory High
AG
Spending all my money on beer today. Should be sending out the beer today also.
62strat
AG
This is perfect for the paranoid craft beer drinker who thinks his craft beer drinking buddies are stealing his money.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Oh lord, JK is releasing Gin Barrel Nocturn Chrysalis. That release is going to be a cluster f*** of the highest order.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
And apparently I understated the insanity since I hadn't read their blog post. Only 550 bottles available. Goes on sale on Memorial Day at noon.
MathNewman06
AG
Memorial day release, only 550 bottles.
AgEng06
AG
Hahaha, wow. THAT will be a cluster ****.

That said... I might actually think about attempting this...
Hudson2508
AG
Man, doing this on a holiday weekend at noon allows people to basically get there as early as they want. I could seee the line being longer than the bottle limit before 10 AM. How early do you think you'd have to get there?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Oh lord, JK is releasing Gin Barrel Nocturn Chrysalis. That release is going to be a cluster f*** of the highest order.

Best beer I ever had.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Probably depends on whether or not they let people sleep there.
NColoradoAG
Gin barrel huh? Will be interested to hear how that tastes.
AgEng06
AG
Haha, very true. I'm sure I won't actually try it, because I sure as hell won't be getting there at daylight or whatever.
Represent830
AG
Mule Text... activate!
NColoradoAG
Crossing my fingers for more sightings of people walking their grandma up the hill to mule.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
Also, JK suspending sales of Fantome Del Rey due to "ropiness"...

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/fantome-del-rey-ropiness
Also - they say to age already purchased bottles on their side (?), any reason for that? I only ask because it's contrary to the usual wisdom for beer aging.
Usually you'd want to have them straight up to minimize beer surface area in contact with oxygen. In JK's note about the Fantome del Rey they mentioned how they some times bottle in green bottles because they don't mind some of the lightstruck qualities that allows, even though it's an off-flavor in general. I guess it follows that maybe they also don't mind a more oxidized effect as well with some beers?
Chipotlemonger
AG

Oh boy. To go or not to go. 550?! One of the best beers I've ever had? Gin barrel aged?
Hickory High
AG
Just confirmed that my elitist Austin buddies and I will be battling it out in the line on Monday. Anyone else going to try?
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Just confirmed that my elitist Austin buddies and I will be battling it out in the line on Monday. Anyone else going to try?
Sweet! That will go great in Hub's beer box!
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

awesome.
maca1028
If I lived in Austin I would attempt this without a doubt. I'd consider making a day trip from Houston for it but I'd hate myself if I got there early and still missed out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
NColoradoAG
Waiting in line for beer is about #457 on the list of things I want to do on Memorial Day. It's right after going to a workshop where I'd learn to make artisinal tofu
Hickory High
AG
quote:
quote:

Ain't happenin
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ain't happenin

Sadly, he means the beer box itself.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ain't happenin
I think I speak for everyone here when I say I hope you're the 551st person in line.
Jock 07
AG
Although being here in Colorado, there's no way I'd get my hands on anyhow don't think I would like it personally. Not a Gin fan.
Hudson2508
AG
I've tried to stay out of the Hickory bashing but come on man. Don't tell us you're going to get a perfectly worthy beer to send to Hub and keep it to yourself. Especially when you've been telling us your excuse for not sending it was because you don't have access to good/rare beer.
Jock 07
AG
I have compiled all the inputs for the BIF contest and will be posting them shortly. tx2008, just saw that your guess is the same as someone else's. Could you shoot me another guess?
Thanks
Chipotlemonger
AG
The score and the tiebreaker are both the same?
jah003
S
I live in Austin and could stand in line but F that noise. Gonna chill with a 6 pack of Live Oak Hefe and enjoy my day off...

Although Hickory is gonna be there... So...
First Page Last Page
Page 930 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.