Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,569 Views | 62642 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Crawdaddy
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Solid triple post...
Represent830
AG
Wasn't a triple post. Was a "drunk I can't spell post".
evan_aggie
AG
Hickory High
AG
Want/need
Hickory High
AG
Also the HEB here in college station finally has a bunch of Ballast Point. Really excited to finally get to try all of these.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Also the HEB here in college station finally has a bunch of Ballast Point. Really excited to finally get to try all of these.

Oh yeah, 'cause you've never had good beers right?
streetfighter2012
AG
Another great box arrived. A few Praire beers, and some very nice looking DFW local brews. Looking forward to the Raspberry Temptress, it's the only variant I haven't had a chance to try yet. Thanks Bookman
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Another great box arrived. A few Praire beers, and some very nice looking DFW local brews. Looking forward to the Raspberry Temptress, it's the only variant I haven't had a chance to try yet. Thanks Bookman

No problem. Hope you enjoy them. Congrats on the bracket.
Hickory High
AG
Opening my Detritivore that's been in my closet for over half a year. Wish me luck.
Hickory High
AG
This is fantastic. Nocturn was better, but this is wonderful.
62strat
AG
quote:
My girlfriend is evolving in her beer taste.

When we started dating she liked wheat style beers. Eventually she got into saisons and Tripels as I started delving into more craft beer.

Then last night something I never thought would happen, after sampling a few IPAs last Saturday, she drank a full Sierra Nevada Tropical IPA last night. Her palette has really changed over the last year or so. I am pretty happy with the changes.

She did get mad at me for never having room in my fridge, so I've been steadily consuming/not buying to clear some space.

What do y'all's SO's drink, beer wise?

Pretty close to my wife. Started on wheats, blondes. Then for a short time, pilsners, then Flanders red/browns and similar for several years. Got expensive, as we were both drinking sours at that time, around 2010-2013. Then she was pregnant for 18 out of 23 months. That helped drastically reduce the sour budget, and in between loafs she switched to pale ales (which she couldn't stomach when I was drinking them for the 6-7 years before), and a few ipas. Her favorite for a while now is Odell 5 barrel, and duchesse for sours.
Jock 07
AG
Brother bought this to split with me in celebration of my son and his first nephew

evan_aggie
AG
It is very good. I think some criticism might be semi valid: it tends to have this floral taste that lasts quite a while, but I love it anyway.

$12 for 4.
MW13
AG
Hub and Represent I like everything but probably stouts and great IPAs are my favorites. Open to any suggestions though, you guys know way more than me.
Hub05
AG
Several generous boxes have been sent my way in the March Madness Bracket, so I am eager to make a tiny dent in paying back the beer karama. I have a '14 Hunaphu with your name on it if you are interested. I am making a trip to DFW for a wedding and visit family next weekend. I will be in Ft Worth, Frisco, and Dallas. Hit me up on email and we can schedule a meet up. username at outlook.com
MW13
AG
Perfect! Thanks!
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Several generous boxes have been sent my way in the March Madness Bracket, so I am eager to make a tiny dent in paying back the beer karama. I have a '14 Hunaphu with your name on it if you are interested. I am making a trip to DFW for a wedding and visit family next weekend. I will be in Ft Worth, Frisco, and Dallas. Hit me up on email and we can schedule a meet up. username at outlook.com

Since you're going to be here next weekend, want me to just wait and meet up with you to get your beer to you, or would you rather me ship it? I have it boxed and ready.
Represent830
AG
quote:

I love our community. Good bull.
jh0400
AG
Trying to drink away my hangover with a Fort George Vortex in the PDX airport.

Hickory High
AG
Having a Deschutes Pale Ale this afternoon. With the exception of that disgusting Obsidian Stout, I normally think all their normal bottled beers are above average. I'd venture to say this one is actually pretty good.
MW13
AG
Anybody in DFW know where you can pick up some Mind on My Money? Seems like I can find all other Martin Houses but that one.
jh0400
AG
Red Chair is great. I always grab it when it's on sale.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Anybody in DFW know where you can pick up some Mind on My Money? Seems like I can find all other Martin Houses but that one.

I'm staring at two 4-packs in the Addison Belt Line Whole Foods. Right left of the bar.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm staring at two 4-packs in the Addison Belt Line Whole Foods. Right left of the bar.

Nix that. I see a pile 5 high of six 4-packs for row.
MW13
AG
Well that didn't take long! Of course I don't have one of those near me. I'll try I get to central market or one of the likes soon.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Having a Deschutes Pale Ale this afternoon. With the exception of that disgusting Obsidian Stout, I normally think all their normal bottled beers are above average. I'd venture to say this one is actually pretty good.

Obsidian is my favorite shelf stout.
Hickory High
AG
I don't understand how. That was one of my least favorite beers of all time. Couldn't make it through half the bottle.
reesei10
I second that! It is a great stout.
MW13
AG
Obsidian, goood.

Wife did just come home with some Victory at Sea and Art Car and Ninkasi Total Domination so that doesn't suck!
Hudson2508
AG
Obsidian, like most Deschutes beers, is great.
Hub05
AG
Kyle, I am down to try to meet up. Hit me up on email (real email in the spreadsheet) or username at outlook.com
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
I don't understand how. That was one of my least favorite beers of all time. Couldn't make it through half the bottle.

Maybe you got a bad batch?
corndog04
AG
Pretty good!
La Fours
AG
How long have you been sitting on that? 4 years?
Jock 07
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 905 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.