Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,671,000 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by maca1028
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad was on the way to Academy two different times for World Series champions shirts during Game 6. We were so confident we were going to win it all at two different moments only to have our hearts ripped out twice. Such a gut-wrenching loss. Still hurts to remember.
AggieOO
talking about baseball when the NBA playoffs are on.
dave99ag
AG
<baseball thread>

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I did get to see game 4 of the 2014 World Series with San Francisco sweeping Detroit. Drank a Bud Light around a trashcan fire outside the stadium with it being in the low 30s and misty. That was a fun experience!
jah003
S
Was at this game...

Still hurts.

Beer.
BSD
AG
quote:
I was at game 5. It was amazing. I thought for sure we were going to win it all after that game. Then Nelson Cruz happened.

Same here. Great experience. I almost missed my flight to NorCal the next day (flew love to hobby, got family, to oakland). My buddy had picked up several growlers of RRBC for our arrival so I was quite hammered when it all went downhill. At least I had that going for me.
Kyle98
AG
Posted this on the Homebrew thread, but thought I'd add it here too. I wrote my first ever article for a web site, and it was published today.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/brewing-events-guide.html

Go Rangers! Go Stars!
BSD
AG
quote:

I was fortunate enough to attend game 6 of the 2011 Finals in Miami when the Mavs won it all. To keep it beer related, I drank beer all day long and almost got arrested. ****ty beer too. Airplane and stadium beer. After enough of those (and a mavs win), you just don't care anymore.
AggieOO
quote:
Posted this on the Homebrew thread, but thought I'd add it here too. I wrote my first ever article for a web site, and it was published today.

Go Rangers! Go Stars!
We had homebrew at my wedding. I brewed a keg and dave brewed a keg. We only had about 100 guests, and i honestly thought that some people might be a little hesitant on the homebrew (we had plenty of other beer and alcohol), but it went FAST.
maca1028
quote:
Was at this game...

Still hurts.

Beer.

That did hurt, but then Oswalt and game 6 happened, and it was all better.
Then the bullpen fell apart in the WS and it hurt again.
Beer related because I drank a lot during that playoff run.
dave99ag
AG
Yeah we easily could have done double batches.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
I was at game 5. It was amazing. I thought for sure we were going to win it all after that game. Then Nelson Cruz happened.

Same here. Great experience. I almost missed my flight to NorCal the next day (flew love to hobby, got family, to oakland). My buddy had picked up several growlers of RRBC for our arrival so I was quite hammered when it all went downhill. At least I had that going for me.
Looks like a solid trip

lne2011
AG
My everyday drinking has been rotating between:

-Color Blind IPA by 11 Below
-Conspiracy Theory IPA by Southern Star
-Deep Ellum IPA
Kyle98
AG
My everyday stuff is mostly homebrew.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
When my beer store gets an IPA in fresh, I'll pick it up. Just recently had a Community IPA that was a couple of weeks old that was great.
steve00
AG
My everydays are Sculpin, Duet and Double Jack.

Been on a Southern Charred and Double Ba$tard in the Rye kick the last week or so too.
maca1028
These last few days for me has been meta modern and live oak hefe. I might go see if I can find a sixer of hop delusion later.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Says a lot about how much basketball sucks.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
well, at least you like a sport that is marginally more exciting than golf!
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's a horrible thing to say about golf!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of sports, I was at the AAC last week and thought there were more craft options previously. Did the whole Goose Island/Bud deal rope out other craft beers? Or was it always like this and in the past I didn't know the difference between Shock Top/GI and craft beer?

I can't recall the selection at the Toyota field that FC Dallas plays at, but seem to remember a larger craft makeup there.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ironic considering the best thing about the games last night was how everyone was so bored.
AggieOO
at last you are using one game to extrapolate the entire NBA playoffs.

and yes, the first round is boring this year. the gap between 1-4 and 4-8 is MASSIVE.

the NBA regular season is too long at 82 games. Baseball is excruciatingly long at 162 games...post-season baseball is at least watchable.

anyway, lets get back to beer talk...
Jock 07
AG
quote:

People actually still watch the nba?
Chipotlemonger
AG
What are everyone's favorite black IPAs?

PHad a "black saison" last week... Definitely did not care for it.

I think Independence Reaper Madness takes it for me.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:

People actually still watch the nba?
that's what i say about baseball. I don't know anyone that watches, except apparently a bunch of you guys on here, and I assume you guys are all so drunk that you don't realize how much it sucks

as for the Black IPA question. I'm not big on IPAs, but black IPA is drinkable for me. I like Blacktop IPA from New Glarus, and usually have a few in the fridge since i only drink it on occasion.
Kyle98
AG
quote:

I haven't really had all that many to pick a favorite.
streetfighter2012
AG
Had some goodies waiting for me on the doorstep yesterday from dallasaggie. 2 new to me beers and a classic from Russian River.

62strat
AG
quote:

Go Rangers! Go Stars!
I made homebrew for my wedding in 2010. Bottles. I had about 100 of a blonde, and 50 ea. of a pale ale and a wheat. Also had crown, vodka, and rum.

80-90 adults, and all the beer was gone.
62strat
AG
quote:

Don't know if it's still around, but years ago I had my first black ipa, Stone's sublimely righteous ale. damn that was a good beer.. never had another blackipa that topped it.

after looking.. nope, they got rid of it.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-say-goodbye-to-these-three-stone-beers-20150304-story.html
DallasAggie2012
AG
Hope you enjoy man! That Orderville is fresh from Cali and is a great representation of the Mosaic hop. The BB Bug Rye'd is a really nice funky porter with some subtle tart notes from the cherries.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Don't know if it's still around, but years ago I had my first black ipa, Stone's sublimely righteous ale. damn that was a good beer.. never had another blackipa that topped it.

after looking.. nope, they got rid of it.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-say-goodbye-to-these-three-stone-beers-20150304-story.html

I was heartbroken when I saw that news awhile back. I loved that beer.
Jock 07
AG
Didn't Karbach recently get rid of their black IPA as well?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Didn't Karbach recently get rid of their black IPA as well?
Yes, I heard it was too expensive to make as a 6pk, and I guess (not surprisingly) the bombers never sold well enough to keep it around. I was a big fan of if and Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous, and now sadly neither are made.
62strat
AG
Wonder why the style didn't catch on? Great mix of smokey/chocolatey stout with IPA. Especially considering IPAs are still the most prolific/consumed/popular category of beer, after many years of being on top. GABF entries still support this. And sublimely has great ratings on review sites.

http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/press/festival-history-facts-figures/#Numbers

The cost isn't much more to make than a regular IPA. I had a homebrew black ipa (I cloned the sublimely).. you add dark malt for about 5% of grain bill, very small fractional increase in price.

Who knows..
NColoradoAG
quote:
Wonder why the style didn't catch on? Great mix of smokey/chocolatey stout with IPA. Especially considering IPAs are still the most prolific/consumed/popular category of beer, after many years of being on top. GABF entries still support this. And sublimely has great ratings on review sites.

http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/press/festival-history-facts-figures/#Numbers

The cost isn't much more to make than a regular IPA. I had a homebrew black ipa (I cloned the sublimely).. you add dark malt for about 5% of grain bill, very small fractional increase in price.

Who knows..

I think it's because people don't like black IPA's.

It's definitely a style I give zero ****s about when brewers drop them from the lineup.

#BLACKSTYLESMATTER
First Page Last Page
Page 901 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.