Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,959 Views | 62483 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jah003
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How does one get in on something like this?
Easy...get in their Ambassador club.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Houston.

Just bought additional bottles of Rare Barrel's Afterlight. dark sour and Bordeaux barrels? I cant ask for anything more.

What could I give for one of those?
AggieOO
tracked down an abyss cognac today.

Lakeline HEB still has a few. have to ask.
AgEng06
AG
I saw the tweet this morning and was going to swing by this afternoon... then I ended up at home with a sick kid. I'm sure it will be gone by the time I get by there tomorrow.
AggieOO
sounded like there weren't many left. Some of the other HEBs in austin got the Rye too, but not Lakeline. I swung by Total Wine on the way home for ****s and giggles, but they didn't have either.
Two Down
AG
I am pretty excited for the Afterlight as well, should be real solid. I think I have 2x coming as well.

With Salt also just arrived, so looking forward to cracking that soon.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
wasabi1787
AG
Don't want to bother with uploading the pic, but had some Boulevard Rye on Rye on Rye. 14.5% alcohol and aaamazing. As close as beer gets to Rye whiskey.
steve00
AG
quote:
Just found out my brother is in San Diego right now. Anything out there right now that he might be able to find easily that I should ask him to grab?

Almanac is pretty easily available. Lots of local IPAs. Lost Abbey. Have him go to Bine & Vine and Bottlecraft for bottles. Whole Foods actually has solid selection as well.

Then have him stop in at Toronado and have a few pints of Pliny or a bottle of Cable Car.
big-ag
AG
Love Almanac. The Farm to Bottle series is delicious (assuming sours are your thing).
steve00
AG
quote:
Love Almanac. The Farm to Bottle series is delicious (assuming sours are your thing).

Apricot de Brettaville, Saison de Brettaville and FR Pluot is what I have been seeing everywhere lately and they are all good. Steer clear of Almanac's IPA though.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Don't want to bother with uploading the pic, but had some Boulevard Rye on Rye on Rye. 14.5% alcohol and aaamazing. As close as beer gets to Rye whiskey.

Good to hear. A kroger I went in recently had them on sale for $8 so I picked one up. Gonna have to open it next steak night at home.
jah003
S
quote:
sounded like there weren't many left. Some of the other HEBs in austin got the Rye too, but not Lakeline. I swung by Total Wine on the way home for ****s and giggles, but they didn't have either.

Rye is coming in tomorrow.
AgEng06
AG
I'll be there
jh0400
AG
I really like Saison de Brettaville.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:

Rye is coming in tomorrow.
sweet. I work from home tomorrow too!
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
I'm assuming they were limit 1 today?
AggieOO
Yep
wasabi1787
AG
quote:
quote:

Good to hear. A kroger I went in recently had them on sale for $8 so I picked one up. Gonna have to open it next steak night at home.

8 bucks for the triple Rye? Are you sure it wasn't the standard Rye on Rye? If it was, then Kroger messed up. That's way below msrp
turfman80
AG
I am in Steep Hollow. Look it up....
turfman80
AG
Birthday beer!

txaggie05
AG
quote:

Big fan of Citra Sour as well
Hub05
AG
Maca and BigAG starting things off with a bang! Two ridiculously excellent boxes! Best part was the excitement my 2yr old got opening "daddy's beeah box"

Haul from Maca on the left.
Brash Crowler (in the fridge and going to the dome tonight)
Brash EZ71 x3
BA Ten Fidy (wife is super excited about this one)
Surly Darkness

BigAg hit me with some Belgians and Dallas locals
I don't drink a ton of belgians, but I would be crazy to turn down Westy 8,10,&12.
That would make me happy enough, he also drops a BA Legion, BA Noir
Local cans for a hot day: Nobel Rey Steampunk, Texas Ale Project Fire ant Funeral, and Four Corners El Super Bee.

Then I get the look and the questions from the wife: I hope you aren't planning on keeping all those on the counter until every box comes in so you can take 1 massive hauls pic?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Whoa! Not sure I can best that. May have to swap a beer out before shipping to not look like a slacker
AgEng06
AG
I'm confident I can't best that... Sorry Hub.
BSD
AG
quote:
Birthday beer!

My man! Happy birthday! I love that beer.
Hub05
AG
It's not a competition. Send beers you love to drink and want to share
Hub05
AG
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
You get 903 over there? Picked up a Balcones barrel aged Sasquatch today.

Anyone have it and like it? Ratings looked good so I went ahead and grabbed it.
Kyle98
AG
quote:

I've got drill this weekend out in El Paso. Going to try to grab some La Cumbre stuff if I can find any on the New Mexico side to add to my box to send to you.
Hub05
AG
We get 903's core stuff, but highly doubt we see any BA stuff.

I have never had any La Cumbre stuff, I know elevated gets a lot of good mentions
Chipotlemonger
AG
Alright. I may play around with the package still before shipping... Can't decide.

Edit: and to be honest I've not been overly impressed with 903. But I had never seen this Sasquatch barrel aged in a bomber before, and all the stuff I see says it's pretty good.

Tried finding Deep Ellum bombers but didn't see any today, may find one this week still.
First Page Last Page
Page 891 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.