Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,121 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Having lots of imgur problems lately.

This Pliny is still good after 45 days.

A couple of other tasty beers from last week.
Represent830
AG
Anyone got a spare temptation out there? I missed that one when I was there.
steve00
AG
quote:
Anyone got a spare temptation out there? I missed that one when I was there.

I have several of those and some other -tions. PM me if you want to trade.
Hudson2508
AG
Finished 2nd place in the Austin Violet Crown 42 tournament today, so cracking a celebratory beer.

Kyle98
AG

Celebrating a Stars division title!
dixie whiskey
AG
pirate bomb is ****ing great. I was gonna trade my 2nd bottle but I don't think I'll get something I like as much as it in return, so I guess I'll be forced to drink it
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
I really want to try the Sin Mint but that didn't make it to Houston that I know of. We got FQ, Mole, and Raspberry but not the mint.

not to get in the way of yalls potential trade, but sin mint definitely made it to houston. I haven't been to jersey village specs in a few months, but when I was there regularly it seemed like they always had it in stock. not sure what part of town you're in, but you might try there. im sure other bigger specs locations got some too, but jv is the only one I'm sure on. hopefully they're not out of them now.

I'm jealous of those making it to jk for funk metal. back when it was distributed, that was the first sour stout I fell in love with and it's still one of my favs today. I might have to try to work out some way to score one.

rodenbach grand cru is the specs "import of the month" whatever that means. it's been ages since I've had one, the only rodenbach beer I've bought in the last year or so is caractere rouge. but for $12 a 4 pack, I had to pick some up. I seem to appreciate it more now than when I last had any years ago now. it's a really good value. I've set a couple bottles aside to sit on for a while, and I'll probably grab more.
turfman80
AG
Enjoying an early birthday beer while bbq'ing before the Masters.

jah003
S
quote:
Enjoying an early birthday beer while bbq'ing before the Masters.

Is that the January bottling...? Had one last night and it was phenomenal.
turfman80
AG
4/30/15.
Represent830
AG

Picked up a 4 pack of this at JK. Really picking up what these guys are putting down.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Never heard of that one before, I'll have to look out for it in Austin when I'm there next.

My Masters Sunday thus far:

Prefer the Southern Star Pilsner over the Deep Ellum one (a tinge sweet)
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'll have to keep an eye out for those two. I haven't seen them yet. With Southern Star it may just be that the blue can hides next to the Bombshell Blonde can.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'll have to keep an eye out for those two. I haven't seen them yet. With Southern Star it may just be that the blue can hides next to the Bombshell Blonde can.

The Deep Ellum Pils just got released this last week. I have not seen it in stores yet. My girlfriend's office got some on Friday though and she packed one in her purse for me to try.

The Southern Star I had never seen until Thursday. A company rep was sampling that, and 3 other beers, at my local Whole Foods that had a tap takeover the following evening. I couldn't make it, but they even tapped Black Crack and Buried Hatchet.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Aha. Then I'll definitely need to watch for it.
Kyle98
AG
I love the Rye Pils, so I'll have to look for the Southern Star one.
jh0400
AG
quote:

Picked up a 4 pack of this at JK. Really picking up what these guys are putting down.

I really like Spirt Animal. Hopefully I'll be able to find that one next time I'm in Austin.
maca1028
Thanks corndog!
corndog04
AG
You bet! Hope it held up okay.
maca1028
quote:
You bet! Hope it held up okay.

Still drinking great.
MW13
AG
Had another Counter Clockwise Swirl from Martin House last night. Really enjoyed it. Between that and Kafkaesque, Martin House is doing some interesting and good things.
Relampago
AG
quote:
Lightest turnout for a release I've seen in a long time. Maybe I missed the crowd.
We got to Jester King around 8 from Houston and the crowd was very thin. Really liked the Funk Metal and glad Ol Oi was back in bottles to go.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Lightest turnout for a release I've seen in a long time. Maybe I missed the crowd.
We got to Jester King around 8 from Houston and the crowd was very thin. Really liked the Funk Metal and glad Ol Oi was back in bottles to go.

Yep. They were both really good.
dixie whiskey
AG
I need some advice from those familiar with treehouse brewing. someone I've recently been trading with in Connecticut is likely going to the brewery on Wednesday and asked what I wanted. I know they make some heralded ipas, but I'm not sure which to ask for, which are even available, and if they're sold in bottles/cans/growlers. Julius is the one I've heard most about, so that would be awesome.

the best part is since it's so convenient for him, hes not wanting an arm and a leg for them. he really had his heart set on trying gotlandsdricka, so I'm gonna have to get one of those and maybe another jk beer that gets distribution. he loved the 3 lions I threw in last time so I'll probably do another and maybe some other real ale bombers. not sure how much beer he's planning on sending, but since I don't really feel like he's asking for fair value I'd like to throw in maybe a chocolate bbh or something from the bishops barrel/divine reserve series or something along those lines as an extra.
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BEEm7HzMTjY

Bells in Texas, 2017.
dixie whiskey
AG
well ****, upon further review treehouse has no cans for sale right now
Bmac04
AG
quote:
well ****, upon further review treehouse has no cans for sale right now

Don't worry . They are closed Monday and Tuesday and will update the website tomorrow night or Wednesday morning with cans most likely. As far as what to get they will only have 2-3 options probably so just get whatever they have available.
Hudson2508
AG
I agree, just ask him to get whatever they have canned and you won't be disappointed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm curious as to the demographic on the Beer Thread... Where does everyone live? I'm wondering how far this beer umbrella stretches.

Anyone in the New England area? Florida? I know we have Colorado covered.

Dallas for me.
dixie whiskey
AG
awesome thanks for the help. otherwise he might have skipped the trip altogether.
maca1028
Have any Houston guys seen live oak hefe around lately?
jh0400
AG
Specs in midtown had a ton of it last week.
maca1028
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm in League City southeast of Houston.
txag2008
AG
North Dallas/Richardson
First Page Last Page
Page 889 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.