Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,832 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by swampstander
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
I believe their new brewery is going in East Austin but they are currently Brewing out of Adelbert's I think. I believe their beer only sees Austin distribution right now.

Just grabbed a bottle of Taming the Savage Heart at the Rosenburg Specs of all places...
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Specs smith st has 30 cases of live oak hefe.

And this...

Send some back with your father-in-law.

I'll send a 6 pack back with him for you...
gordo97
AG
Upon further review, Kentucky Habit doesn't taste as sweet today as it did a few nights ago..... Last time I drank it right after a really strong IPA so it might have overstated the sugar taste on the palate.... Still sweet but not as bad as last time
Jock 07
AG
quote:
How is that 2X4? I have always heard good this but never had the opportunity to try one.
Was pretty pretty pretty good. Little boozy but very flavorful.
Hudson2508
AG
Cool, glad to know it's wider than just Austin. Let me know what y'all think if you try. May buy more if it's solid.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good to know.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Hudson2508
AG
I must say, this Oddwood TtSH is a damn tasty sour. I will be buying more for sure.
maca1028
I've never heard of that but it sounds tasty
Inspector Spacetime
AG

Breaking out one of the Black Friday beers I got this year on account of (finally) being promoted to the sales dept at Karbach. And my roommate is taking off drinking this month, so no sharing it like I usually would. Didn't realize this was only brewed the one time back in 2012.... drinking amazingly for 15% ABV.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
I'll send a 6 pack back with him for you...

My wife thanks you!
Jock 07
AG
A touch under carbed but still a pretty damn good kriek. Don't know if I'd buy another due to the price

Also, 2016 Sucaba just dropped here today.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My favorite beer that I have ever had. You lucky sob!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations, looks like a good beer.

Just popped this guy open about a half hour ago. That buzz tho. Jesus.

gordo97
AG
Decided to open a bottle if Contemplating Waterloo from 2014..... Still very good!!!
Scriffer
AG
A buddy and his wife moved into a new house this week, so I took over a 2013 Abyss. Holy crap it was good. And I still have another one Dave gave me.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice.
maca1028
Aight, to follow up with jahs generosity lets have a Super Bowl giveaway.
Since Houston got a ton of live oak hefe I'll giveaway another sixer, only thing that I ask is that only those who can't get it qualify.
Let's keep it simple, how many total points will be scored in Super Bowl 50? Closest guess over or under wins.
Tiebreaker, how many yards does Manning pass for?
Email me mbryan116 at yahoo with answer, contest ends tomorrow 2/7 at 3pm central.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Aight, to follow up with jahs generosity lets have a Super Bowl giveaway.
Since Houston got a ton of live oak hefe I'll giveaway another sixer, only thing that I ask is that only those who can't get it qualify.
Let's keep it simple, how many total points will be scored in Super Bowl 50? Closest guess over or under wins.
Tiebreaker, how many yards does Manning pass for?
Email me mbryan116 at yahoo with answer, contest ends tomorrow 2/7 at 3pm central.
jah003
S
Thanks for the recommendation Houston peeps...

Rocket Fuel at Guru Burgers this morning...

Edit... JJ Watt burger is changing my life.

Scriffer
AG
By "changing" do you mean "significantly shortening"??
Hudson2508
AG
Picked up a bottle of Avery's Tweak today to knock off another BeerAdvocate top 250 from the list. 17.5 ABV is a serious beer.

Met BSD this morning to hand off his Westy 12, great guy. Always cool to put faces to usernames.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
FINALLY got my Denver beer in the mail thanks to my AirBnB host. Those are two Big Bad Baptists in the back, and the Genius Lizard in the front is the 2014 Coffee/Cacao Imp Stout from Ratio Beerworks.

Scriffer
AG

House repairs and Spotted Cow.
Jock 07
AG
Wife made me bring her up here to Denver for torchys. So I dropped her off at cherry creek mall while I came over here to former future for a little bit. They have a 21% double BBA RIS. Bit too sweet for my taste but everything else is pretty damn good.
jh0400
AG

Espresso and BBA Convict Hill at Independence Brewing.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If you open one of those Ratio stouts anytime soon, let us know. I got 2 in my fridge. Planning on having one soonish, cellaring the other for a year.

So it'd still be both aged technically I guess, being a 2014 brew.
Jock 07
AG
Also, strat, just realized my dumbass forgot to bring you the beers today. Sorry
AgEng06
AG
corndog04
AG
May be my last visit to my favorite Portland dive for a really long time. Sushi, pineapple sculpin, and this bad boy for dessert.

BSD
AG
quote:
Picked up a bottle of Avery's Tweak today to knock off another BeerAdvocate top 250 from the list. 17.5 ABV is a serious beer.

Met BSD this morning to hand off his Westy 12, great guy. Always cool to put faces to usernames.

And thank you sir! I should have had you meet up with us after the tour. There was some extra brisket and I was just too full to finish it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What's everyone opening for Super Bowl Sunday?
jh0400
AG
Pedialyte. Capped off a day of Lone Star and BBQ with stops at Hops & Grain and Independence Brewing. Three BBA stouts as a nightcap was at least two too many.
maca1028
I'll be opening a few cans of LO hefe, a bottle of JK figlet, and a bottle of raspberry temptress.

Speaking of hefe, 2.5 hours left to enter for a shot to win a sixer.
First Page Last Page
Page 841 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.