Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,097 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by Objective Aggie
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks BSD

La Fours
AG
Ballin! And happy birfday Jetch!!
jetch17
AG
Thanks brosefs
maca1028
Happy Birthday mane!
jetch17
AG
Well, this ho has been around for a while... Might as well!

DaveHimself
AG
Tart and tasty
Chipotlemonger
AG
Excellent birthday beer.
army01
AG
Congrats to all of the future dads. Means you are one step closer to the vasectomy weekend. Nothing to do but watch sports and drink beer.

Damn, I might need to have another one...
La Fours
AG
I don't want any more kids but I'm not sure I'm ready to go through with the snip.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for all the well wishes. Had Dorothy on tap tonight and was a bit underwhelmed honestly. Looking forward to the other Hill Farmstead stuff that will supposedly be starting to show up here on a somewhat regular basis. Also supposedly rare barrel will be showing up in the not too distant future.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I have a 5-hour layover in San Francisco on Sunday afternoon - any know a good beer bar I could easily reach via BART or Uber from SFO?
corndog04
AG
I'll nominate myself for messiest cellar. This is my Deschutes/Breakside collection (with a few randoms mixed in). I've got another 3 cases or so of assorted stuff further back even more disorganized.

Going to make some major drawdowns on some stuff I've been holding on to before moving to TX in March. I'm looking at you, Flanders Fred.

BSD
AG
It's easy...once you get past the local anesthetic needle piercing your sack.
jah003
S
quote:
It's easy...once you get past the local anesthetic needle piercing your sack.

62strat
AG
A client of mine had it and he walking funny for a week and said it sucked. Only person I met that had it, so it's my only impression.

It's definitely in my future; we don't want any more, and #2 is coming any day now.
La Fours
AG
Just ship any beers to me that you decide won't make the cut.
dixie whiskey
AG
since I offer absolutely zero competition in regards to the cellar pics direction this thread has taken, I'll go the poor route and give a shout out to a readily available, reasonably priced brew- Alaskan hop turn ipa. I picked some up tonight and am really enjoying it. I guess you could call it a hypothetical german ipa. german pilsner, Munich, and Vienna malt to go with sterling and magnum hops with a sterling dry hop. I thought it was a pretty cool concept and they really pulled it off. if the Germans were flooding the market with quality ipas, this is definitely how I imagine them tasting. and for $8 and change for a 6er, I see more of these in my future.
maca1028
Congrat Jock!
Has anyone seen live oak hefe cans in Houston yet?
And the nutcut is a breeze, I pulled up in the parking lot and 40 minutes later I was driving myself home. The smell from when he cauterize dot was a little unnerving though.
army01
AG
quote:
A client of mine had it and he walking funny for a week and said it sucked. Only person I met that had it, so it's my only impression.

It's definitely in my future; we don't want any more, and #2 is coming any day now.
My right nut swelled to the size of a baseball. Hurt like hell. But the procedure was easy...although seeing smoke rise from your dong area is a bit concerning at the time.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I thought this was the Beer thread, not the babies and vasectomies discussion board.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Congrats to all of the future dads. Means you are one step closer to the vasectomy weekend. Nothing to do but watch sports and drink beer.

Damn, I might need to have another one...

I got snipped this past April. Scheduled it during the Masters. I didn't drink as much as I thought I would because I was wasted on Percocet. That **** is fun!
jah003
S
It's been far too long since I've given away any beer around here (I've also been sitting around the house the past few days with Strep Throat so I'm a little bored)... so, here goes.

As you know, Live Oak Hefe is in cans and it is glorious. I'll ship you at least a 6 pack of Hefe cans (more than likely 12) for winning this contest. If you live in Austin, don't enter... go buy your own damn Hefe.

Contest is simple... How many points does Jalen Jones score in the Iowa St. game on Saturday? No price is right rules, closest wins (either high or low). Tiebreaker: How many total points do the Ags score?

Email me your guesses so we don't derail this thread... gotta keep this bad boy clean for Vasectomy talk. My new email is: jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com

Deadline is game time on Saturday.

Edit: You've got to be at least semi-active poster on this thread to enter. If you're a lurker... We still love you, just post some more and you can enter the next one.
Hub05
AG
JAH, nice gesture. Not to derail, but how prevalent is the Live Oak Hef? If I ask my buddy to stop by an HEB in Round Rock next weekend and bring me a case would that be possible or is distro still semi-limited as they try to stock shelves in the Austin area.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Good bull Jah! Wish those Live Oak Hefe cans would hurry up and make their way up to DFW already. Need a steady diet of that beer in my life.
Hudson2508
AG
I think they've distributed enough around Austin that it should be easy to find for your buddy. I've seen it at my usual spots stacked high but haven't been to the store in a week and a half.
62strat
AG
Anybody ever had a straffe hendrick Wild trippel? A 4 pack is like half price at my local. (Still $10.)
I love Belgian trippels, and have never had a soured one. Id be pretty hesitant at full price, but this seems like a decent deal.
jah003
S
quote:
JAH, nice gesture. Not to derail, but how prevalent is the Live Oak Hef? If I ask my buddy to stop by an HEB in Round Rock next weekend and bring me a case would that be possible or is distro still semi-limited as they try to stock shelves in the Austin area.

I think you can find it. Pretty much every HEB in the Austin area got some... Most got upwards of 30-40 cases.
Jock 07
AG
BSD (or other wine folks) you know anything about a BBA Robert Mondavi Cab Sav? Local liquor store just got some. I'm not a wine guy but do like reds on occasion and this sounds interesting.
maca1028
Nice Jah, nice!
maca1028
Wow!
maca1028
BSD
AG
Metal as ****
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD (or other wine folks) you know anything about a BBA Robert Mondavi Cab Sav? Local liquor store just got some. I'm not a wine guy but do like reds on occasion and this sounds interesting.

I've seen some BBA zins bit never tried them. To me that would be like adding A1 to a prime ribeye.
La Fours
AG
What's wrong with that?

Just kidding. I would never waste good A1 on a prime steak.
maca1028
Pretty good night
First Page Last Page
Page 835 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.