Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,160 Views | 62619 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by Jock 07
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like a gimmick to charge more money for a $10 base wine.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had a yellow rose for the first time in forever. Good Lord, that's a great beer. I really need to keep it around more
62strat
AG
The not your fathers group now has ginger ale as well. Not sure if it's same thing as alcoholic ginger beer? Or is alcoholic ginger ale?

Chipotlemonger
AG
I think it's alcoholic ginger beer. Read an article about Boston Beer trying to push it out at the next fad, like alcoholic root beer kind of was, and is? But hasn't taken off?

Not sure.

I have a Not Your Fathers in my fridge. I can't bring myself to drink it. Maybe I can just make a ice cream float as a celebration sometime for something.
dave99ag
AG
I was one and done with the root beer thing. Too sweet. I'll stick with normal root beer.
Whoop04
I have had it. It's ok. Tastes like a ginger beer more than ginger ale to me.
62strat
AG
Well, ginger beer (with and without alcohol) is already a thing, and I like it. So I may give this a shot.

It would make an amped up Moscow mule!
gordo97
AG
Went to Specs next to my work and ran across Karbach Fun #13 - Kentucky Habit. I didn't think it was gonna be released until next week, but there it was. Hope it's good!
BSD
AG
quote:
I was one and done with the root beer thing. Too sweet. I'll stick with normal root beer.

Yep, it was good for about two sips.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Would I be better off making an ice cream float with it? Or straight.
BSD
AG
Give it a shot straight but have the ice cream nearby. It's good for the first two sips but then the sweetness will overwhelm.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep, it was good for about two sips.

Definitely not d%ck worthy.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Give it a shot straight but have the ice cream nearby. It's good for the first two sips but then the sweetness will overwhelm.

Solid plan, thanks.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Would I be better off making an ice cream float with it? Or straight.
It's really good in floats.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I found with the Not Your Father's Root Beer it was much easier to take drinking it out of the bottle. Cut the sweetness down a good bit
EFE
AG
This will sound disgusting, but if you float a shot of rumchata in 1/3 Rootbeer beer it makes a decently tasty shot type thing that has become all the rage down here in northern Mexico.
Ragoo
AG
quote:
I found with the Not Your Father's Root Beer it was much easier to take drinking it out of the bottle. Cut the sweetness down a good bit
Had about 5 sips the other night before my stomach started feeling foul.
jah003
S
If anyone wants some free beer, you've got until 1 pm tomorrow to get a guess in. Contest rules on the page before this one...
BSD
AG
quote:
It's been far too long since I've given away any beer around here (I've also been sitting around the house the past few days with Strep Throat so I'm a little bored)... so, here goes.

As you know, Live Oak Hefe is in cans and it is glorious. I'll ship you at least a 6 pack of Hefe cans (more than likely 12) for winning this contest. If you live in Austin, don't enter... go buy your own damn Hefe.

Contest is simple... How many points does Jalen Jones score in the Iowa St. game on Saturday? No price is right rules, closest wins (either high or low). Tiebreaker: How many total points do the Ags score?

Email me your guesses so we don't derail this thread... gotta keep this bad boy clean for Vasectomy talk. My new email is: jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com

Deadline is game time on Saturday.

Edit: You've got to be at least semi-active poster on this thread to enter. If you're a lurker... We still love you, just post some more and you can enter the next one.

NColoradoAG
Good

https://instagr.am/p/BBJmmnKx-Go
NColoradoAG
This is some good juice

https://instagr.am/p/BBJvKcox-CU
dixie whiskey
AG
so off day consists of a half growler of alpine hoppy birthday, texas beer refinery Mexican ipa, a pale mosaic, cascade strawberry, stillwater readymade vacuum, and counting. only got one off day so gotta make it count. first time drinking the Mexican ipa, the key lime was an interesting touch.
BSD
AG
I've always been curious about that one. I wasn't a **** dipping fan of the original but that looked interesting.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jah, can you post all of the entries after tip off today?Would be cool to see all the poll results and have them while we all watch the game.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sidebar: Has anyone got their hands on Allagash white? Looking to try it out but not sure of the availability.
jah003
S
quote:
This is some good juice

https://instagr.am/p/BBJvKcox-CU

Who actually drinks Shatrial...? You could have sold that for 800 clams...
jah003
S
quote:
Jah, can you post all of the entries after tip off today?Would be cool to see all the poll results and have them while we all watch the game.

Daughter is napping so I'll see what I can do...
army01
AG
quote:
Sidebar: Has anyone got their hands on Allagash white? Looking to try it out but not sure of the availability.

Allagash doesn't distribute in Texas anymore, right?
jah003
S
Lost track of time... here we go:

corndog: Jones: 17 Ags: 71
DaveHimself: Jones: 21 Ags: 85
dixie whiskey: Jones: 15 Ags: 67
Chipotlemonger: Jones: 19 Ags: 68
txag2008: Jones: 21 Ags: 73
La Fours: Jones: 23 Ags: 82
Brad H. Jones: 13 Ags: 72
maca1028: Jones: 18 Ags: 72
David H. Jones: 17 Ags: 65
Broncos
Any stores in BCS have Karbach three legged lab in stock?
jah003
S
Jones goes for 13... congrats Brad, it's all yours. Will shoot you an email shortly.

Edit... just realized you nailed the tiebreaker...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Dammit
MW13
AG
Jones 13 and Ags 72... Is that good?

Just kidding, coulda been anybody. This board and Aggie basketball contests have been very good to me. Good bull from good Ags!
army01
AG
Brad - can I borrow your car?
localag242
HEB at Tower Point has Karbach's Three Legged Lab.
First Page Last Page
Page 836 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.