Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,322 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by FancyKetchup14
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's awesome news indeed
AgEng06
AG
quote:
JK purchased the 58 acres surrounding the brewery to preserve and start farming.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/jester-king-to-preserve-58-acres-of-land-begin-farming

its no secret that i don't like their beers, but its just due to the style. i love their concept and the land out there. when i go, i get beers from stanleys and enjoy the surroundings. good to see that as austin explodes, they won't be in the middle of a housing sub-division.
Pretty cool.

Although I do want to see them do all the stuff they mentioned on only 58 acres, ~20+% of which looks to be wooded...
BSD
AG
quote:
JK purchased the 58 acres surrounding the brewery to preserve and start farming.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/jester-king-to-preserve-58-acres-of-land-begin-farming

its no secret that i don't like their beers, but its just due to the style. i love their concept and the land out there. when i go, i get beers from stanleys and enjoy the surroundings. good to see that as austin explodes, they won't be in the middle of a housing sub-division.
very cool. I like it out there, too.

And for those with kids, the Austin Zoo is not too far from there. It's a rescue zoo and they do some good work. Even though we don't live there or go often, we've been members there for about 11 years to support their efforts. Go check it out before you head over to the brewery.
AgEng06
AG
Agree on the zoo. We usually roll both places together (JK and the zoo) when we venture that far south.
AgEng06
AG
Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a good restaurant in the North Austin/Cedar Park/Leander area with a large selection of craft beer? Need a place that can accommodate 8 adults and a few kids.

My first thought was NXNW, but we've been there several times and I was hoping to find a new place.
Whoop04
What town? (Please say college station. Please say college station.)
AgEng06
AG
Pretty sure he's in Colorado. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
AggieOO
quote:
Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a good restaurant in the North Austin/Cedar Park/Leander area with a large selection of craft beer? Need a place that can accommodate 8 adults and a few kids.

My first thought was NXNW, but we've been there several times and I was hoping to find a new place.
any preference on food type?
AgEng06
AG
Not really. Whatcha got?
AggieOO
the problem is getting a large selection. There are a number of places that have craft beer, but not necessarily a large selection. The places that have a large selection, by and large, i wouldn't call "good restaurants."

That said, check out Foxhole Tavern. Good food, craft beer.

Not as far north, but what about Blackstar Co-op? Not as nice of a restaurant, but good beer selection and the food is good, at least what I've had. If you like Ramen, Michi is right down the road from black star. Not a massive selection, but they always have craft beer on draft.

for farther north, dig pub has good bar type food and a crapload of taps...but doesn't really fit your "good restaurant" ask.

I'm definitely blanking on a couple places that closer match what you are looking for. As soon as they pop in my head, i'll come back and post.
jetch17
AG
quote:
These things are actually starting to sit on the shelves for a while when they hit town.
http://imgur.com/st6mYKG.jpg
hobag!
AgEng06
AG
Thanks man.
AggieOO
thought of another. if you are willing to cross over 35 and head to RR, take a look at Greenhouse Craft Food.

http://greenhousecraftfood.com

and if you are willing to drive to georgetown and don't mind going the pizza route, 600 degrees is fantastic with lots of beers as well.
62strat
AG
quote:
What town? (Please say college station. Please say college station.)
Russian river in college station?? Bwahahahah!
La Fours
AG
Even farther north in Georgetown is 600 Degrees Pizza. Really good pizza and about 15 really good taps. It's small though and can get crowded.
AgEng06
AG
Georgetown isn't off limits (I live in Liberty Hill). I'll check it out.
AggieOO
quote:
Even farther north in Georgetown is 600 Degrees Pizza. Really good pizza and about 15 really good taps. It's small though and can get crowded.
gee...i wish i had thought of that.

La Fours
AG
Lmao. Not sure how I over looked that in your post.
Jock 07
AG
I'm in CS
La Fours
AG
That's just wrong.
Scriffer
AG
I'm going to start flagging every post in which someone mentions that they can get Supplication.
AggieOO
quote:
I'm going to start flagging every post in which someone mentions that they can get Supplication.
i have one from 2013 sitting in my fridge right now. tried to get dave and shannon to drink it with me one time, but they didn't want any part of a sour.

i might wash my balls with it just to spite you.
AgEng06
AG
I have at least 1 from 2014 in my fridge, maybe 2.
BSD
AG
I have a few Supps aging peacefully as well. I think they go back to 2011...or Batch 6, as the indigenous people of the region say.
Scriffer
AG
Flagged - Hateful
Flagged - Spiteful
Flagged - Just plain mean
jh0400
AG
I've got one Jan 2014 Supp left in my cabinet. I'm saving it for the day I book my next trip to Sonoma.
Scriffer
AG
BSD
AG
I'll actually be in Napa next week. I better re-up at Whole Foods.
jh0400
AG
No Temp bottles at the brewpub according to the website...
BSD
AG
motherfunker.
steve00
AG
I think I have 7 Supplications, 6 Consecrations and 3 Temptations. Sadly, haven't seen any Pliny or Blind Pig for a while.
army01
AG
quote:
I'm in CS
Verne Lundquist chuckle for that...

Hudson2508
AG
This exchange has inspired me to open a Supplication this weekend.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
That's just wrong.
jah003
S
All of you better realize that in order for A&M to win a natty in Football I need exactly 15 Temptations... Let's get the ball rolling.
First Page Last Page
Page 822 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.