Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,466 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jh0400
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No problem. Now, if you beat me out of some limited release, you gotta gopickitupformebro...
Hudson2508
AG
I agree on the bottle number and I'd toss something in to make the $4$ work, but BCBSC was a lot harder for me to find than JK releases. Mainly because I'm spoiled and have easy access with a brother in law who lives two blocks down from them. Coffee was gone incredibly fast in Austin, I'd be interested to know how many cases came here.
soso33
quote:
No problem. Now, if you beat me out of some limited release, you gotta gopickitupformebro...

Ha ha well I'll only be here for about a week so I doubt I'll have any luck in that span.
jah003
S
When you know you ain't gotta work for 2 weeks, weekend drinking becomes a lot more fun...

Grilled some pork chops whilst drinking cause well... Texas.
dixie whiskey
AG
stopped by jv specs yesterday for some fq temptress (thanks to jetch for the heads up), also got a couple black crack and bbh, and when I go in there I always grab a cuvee rene and geuze fond tradition because they're so inexpensive and not many stores in the area that I shop stock them. really regretting only buying 2 fqt after trying it, it was even better than expected. that and mole are both right up my alley. have yet to try raspberry, sin mint, or bbt, but that series has built enough good will with me that I'll be seeking them all out when the opportunity arises. havent tried this year's black crack but ive always liked it in the past. I've noticed a lot more complaints about it being a bad value this year than previous years when it was bottled. maybe the fact that it looks like Busch tallboy is causing some cognitive dissonance is certain people.

is odell friek any good? picked one up at heb impulsively but not sure when I'll try it. also really happy to see enjoy by 6ers hitting lots of shelves here, especially at $12. I've got a feeling my best bet of landing bc coffee and regal rye is say f it and just offer someone extra cash because it's not possible for me to chase trucks most of the time. I'm sure I'll run into someone that'll part with one of each for $40-50, and it's worth the money to avoid the headache imo. I generally don't get beers with much trade value that I don't intend to drink. unless maybe some praire stuff like ab noir or pirate noir does it, or maybe vbbh. never really traded before so I have no concept of values
62strat
AG
So I scrolled through my bottle shops Facebook and saw their BCBS post last year, 4 pack was $24. More than I remember and what I saw talked about on here. Not as big as an increase in price as I thought.

Was it still $16 last year in Texas?

Hudson2508
AG
Email me Dixie, I'll hook you up with my coffee for some BBH, FQ or anything really. No need for you to throw money around. Username @ gmail.com
maca1028
quote:
Son of a *****! I missed out on HEB's Regal Rye. I'm about to put a foot up someone's ass. Did Specs get any? WF?

I'm betting if specs got any they'll be releasing it Monday, me, I'll be in the theater watching Star Wars at 10am
turfman80
AG
The family is all together now for the holidays, so it's time to open the cellar to share some great beers!

jetch17
AG

AgEng06
AG
Pretty solid. Thanks henny!

jah003
S
From 2013:

Can't stop... Won't stop.
La Fours
AG
Very nice. That's strong will power to hold on that long.
Jock 07
AG
Jah and turfman with the heavy hitters tonight. Very nice.
BSD
AG
quote:

Reminds me of a drunkened week in Amsterdam. I drank the **** outta that beer.
dixie whiskey
AG
appreciate that hudson, email sent
evan_aggie
AG
I just picked up that Ayinger today. I haven't tried it yet. What do you think?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Managed to find a craft beer bar in Thailand. Evil Twin, Stone, others.

The world is very small.
dave99ag
AG
Enjoyed a Pilsner Urquell at the brewery in Plzen. Very touristy, but had to make a stop on our way to Prague.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Spectacular beer. One that is definitely worth the price.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Put your confidence in pretty much everything with "Ayinger" on it. If you like the Bruweisse, try the r-Weisse next-- their Dunkelweizen is great this time of year.
evan_aggie
AG
=)

It is quite good. I'm drinking Inow. I am not as big of a fan of the darker variety. I'm going to avoid the TMI topic, but let's just say that beers which are ultra hoppy and/or rich/dark don't sit well with me....

A dunkel is borderline...
jh0400
AG
Buffalo Speedway HEB has tons of BBH. I asked about Regal Rye, and the guy said he didn't get any. That's surprising to me.
maca1028
Has anyone seen sin mint in Houston yet?
jh0400
AG
quote:

According to the website the Specs at Westheimer and Montrose has it.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Last Wednesday Specs on Smith had cases sitting on the floor
turfman80
AG
jetch17
AG
62strat
AG
Been enjoying some homebrew I made with my uncle, a milk stout aged on palo santo wood. Damn it's good. Never had a commercial wood aged sweet stout that I can remember.

He soaked the palo santo in everclear for a week or so, then put 1.5 oz of the liquid in the 5 gal keg.

He Also put some in an English barley wine. that beer is entered in the vail big brews, we'll see how it does.
dustin999
AG
Been enjoying some milk stouts lately. The Nitro Milk Stout is rather good. Had some out of the tap at a coffee shop in Austin (Radio), and while it was really good, the bottled variety is a little lacking. It almost tastes flat (like a flat coke), although I still really like it. No matter how aggressively I pour it, I can't seem to get much of a head (that's what she said).

Man I sound like a beer snob, especially for someone who drinks miller little at least as much as the fancy craft beers.

Good stuff though...
steve00
AG
My haul from Austin - minus a few I drank at the hotel. Thanks to all who contributed.

Enjoyed some Greenhouse and Rodeo Clown on Sunday morning while waiting for lunch.

Best BBQ I've ever had. And a nice Togo brisket to eat this week.
Kyle98
AG
My JK bottle for the Westy exchange will go in the mail your way after the 1st.
dave99ag
AG
Missed out on the Westy trade, but managed to buy two at the Beergeek bottle shop in Prague. Highly recommend the visit if you ever make it over here. Had a pretty good US selection... Westbrook, Crooked Stave, etc. Nice pub by the same name a few blocks down too.
AggieOO
friend came to visit over the weekend and brought some goodies

2 x BBT
1 x Black Crack
2 x Sin Mint
1 x BCBS
1 x DFW collab
1 x Herman Marshall batch 1 (didn't even know he was bringing this, so it was a bonus)
Scriffer
AG
I can't even get my mitts on a BBT
First Page Last Page
Page 812 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.