Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,402 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
Kyle98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I passed as well.
62strat
AG
quote:
Am I an idiot for passing up the chance to get a Cascade Blackcap Raspberry or a Strawberry yesterday in Dallas? $25/bottle is just hard to take! If I was part of a drinking group or bottle share then sure, but most of the time I'll have stuff either by myself or with the gf if she likes it.

Are we supposed to start seeing those here in North Texas?
Are the flying of the shelf? They sure don't in south Denver. So no I wouldn't say you are an idiot for passing, cause it's probably still there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
There was only 1 sitting out, and 1 more behind the bar.

I have a feeling if I wait long enough I'll have it eventually, though.
army01
AG
quote:
Am I an idiot for passing up the chance to get a Cascade Blackcap Raspberry or a Strawberry yesterday in Dallas? $25/bottle is just hard to take! If I was part of a drinking group or bottle share then sure, but most of the time I'll have stuff either by myself or with the gf if she likes it.

Are we supposed to start seeing those here in North Texas?
I passed on them on Sunday. Decided to go back yesterday and get them, but they were gone.
62strat
AG
Well let me amend my previous post. When cascade first shipped to CO, yeh they didn't stay on the shelf. But now, a year later (I think, I can't remember) they sit. I think those that bought them up right at first now see they can get Just as good a sour for less.

So maybe wait a while, they may start sitting. Hell when my store got bourbonic plague, the last 3-4 sat for 6 months+.

Edit: CO has tons of sour options, local and shipped in, so that might play into it as well. Not sure the state of sours in TX, I've been gone for almost 4 years.
steve00
AG
Cascade is also sitting on shelves in CA in big numbers. I have yet to buy one, mostly because reviews seem to be that they aren't really good enough to be worth the cost.
corndog04
AG
I love visiting Cascade, they always have a great selection and prices for pours aren't all that bad at the pub. I never ever buy their bottles though.
docaggie
AG
I'm leaving the new Total Wine in Austin, 183 at Research, and they have another 7 cases of BCBS if you ask at customer service.
The lady said they'd expected only a case and got so much more.
I bought 4 (singles, not cases), to give a couple as gifts to people I work with who like stouts.
(I live in Temple - there's no way they'd ever get down here to get their own.)
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG
Any more word on variants in TX?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Any more word on variants in TX?

This
Two Down
AG
quote:
Good Beer Houston @GoodBeerHouston 6h6 hours ago

Word on the streets is Bourbon County variants hit Houston 12/7
First news I have seen
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the heads up. Just stopped by and picked up a few more bottles.
Kyle98
AG
Anyone else get the Costco Beer Advent calendar from a family member? 24 German imports. Day 1 was a Helles Lager. It's ok. It's beer, so I'll drink it all, one day at a time!
AgEng06
AG
Yup, but you already know that via Untappd...
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Yup, but you already know that via Untappd...

Yeah, that's what made me post here and ask, to see who else is joining us!
Hudson2508
AG
What are yalls untapped names, I feel like a loser with no friends on that thing. Great app though.
BSD
AG
I drink so infrequently that I forgot I hd Untappd til yall just mentioned it.

Also, I was at HEB Bunker Hill earlier and asked when BCBS variants were coming out. The guy at the taps (not Shawn, who quit I believe) was pretty clueless. He said he wasn't sure when the variants were coming but he overheard they are getting Coffee and Rue on the 7th. Um...ok.
Jock 07
AG
I had about as much success figuring out untapped as I did figuring out uber after a night of drinking
Kyle98
AG
quote:
What are yalls untapped names, I feel like a loser with no friends on that thing. Great app though.

I think there's a post somewhere on the thread that kept track of them, if you're bored enough to go back. If not, I'm knelson.
AgEng06
AG
I've got the Google doc linked somewhere. I'll post it if/when I find it, but I'm texags06.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks guys. I like using it to track the different beers I try and it's easier to rank them than on BA or another site.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Same here. I'm mainly "friends" with randos on there.

Chipotlemonger on untapp'd too.
Hudson2508
AG
Just sent y'all invites, I'm Hudson2508 on there too.
Jock 07
AG
So what's the latest with the JK zwanze day? Did it already happen or are they still waiting on TABC approval as well?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Same user name on Untappd.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Found the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dqoqRoMQ70fzh0QfgMjWLVGKj4iURzu1EXsBGSafGws/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1
Hudson2508
AG
Still waiting on TABC approval. They said they hoped for December but it may be later.
AgEng06
AG
Any of you guys "psmuldow" on Untappd?
Chipotlemonger
AG
By the way:

Don't judge, but I give Coors Light 5* on Untapp'd just for the hell of it.

It's my favorite American light, and I am not far enough removed from my college days to demote it yet. Many fond memories with it.
Hudson2508
AG
Holy hell....BMac's check ins.....
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Holy hell....BMac's check ins.....

Not sure what Bmac's # is, but I've got a buddy that has 1600+...
Kyle98
AG
Bmac is 2500+
Hudson2508
AG
It's not the quantity that amazes me, it's the never ending quality. Bravo sir.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Bmac is 2500+

Damn
Scriffer
AG
I'm BRussell05 on Untappd.

And no shame on ranking Diet Coors a 5. I've got High Life as a 5 Star on there.
First Page Last Page
Page 797 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.