Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,393 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by steve00
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had a BCBS on tap tonight to wrap up my meal. So great.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/ayEgMzg.jpg

What's the diff

Are those at the restaurant on 1604 or the new place?
Specs in Austin
steve00
AG
Picked up my 3 bottles of Veritas 16 today. They came with a very small taster from the keg and it was excellent. Looking forward to chilling them and then having a bottle.

Hudson2508
AG
Stopped by that huge Sunrise Minimart cellar release after the line was gone. Wasn't a whole lot left but got a BA Old Rasputin XVI and a 2013 GI Juliet. I'm officially done buying beer for the year.
Jock 07
AG
After a stop in at Wayne's smoke shack (damn good by the way) I headed up to Avery's new spot, very nice setup
SecoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/ayEgMzg.jpg

What's the diff

Are those at the restaurant on 1604 or the new place?

I got bottles at the Brewpub on 1604 on Thursday and both are on tap. They may still have some bottles at S. Presa taproom but I'm not sure.
maca1028
Wow, I didn't expect them to distribute those, hopefully Houston gets some.
steve00
AG
Missed Cable Car on tap at Toronado for beer week, but they still had some 2014 bottles leftover from it.

Chipotlemonger
AG

My first Alpine, pretty damn good.

I like how it's a "super" IPA without being dehydrating to your palette, at least relatively speaking.
Whoop04
That pour looks amazing.
Scriffer
AG
Started with Peticolas Thrilla in Brazilla and now Lakewood French Quarter Temptress.

It's a good evening.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Me and IrishAggie started with a growler of Stillwater Cellar Door (excellent saison), then went to Avery Twenty Two, and finally 2013 BCBW, which tastes like it's in its prime right now. Really drinking incredibly well
No Bat Soup For You
AG
There's still 4 or 5 bottles of FQT left at the Burleson HEB. I'm trying to decide if I should snatched them all up or wait for BCBS to come out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
It was an awesome beer.

Don't think there's a wrong glass for one like that.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
There's still 4 or 5 bottles of FQT left at the Burleson HEB. I'm trying to decide if I should snatched them all up or wait for BCBS to come out.

Had FQT on tap Friday, was stellar, just as last year.

Got a bottle in the fridge, sorta wish I had 2 sitting in there.
Jack Thauer
AG
Opened my Pumpkinator 2015 prior to the Rousey fight (I'm a huge MMA fan) to enjoy during the fight. Beer is good, but I have an unrelated sour taste in my mouth.
La Fours
AG
Rousey got got last night. Looked under-prepared for Holm's fighting style. Rousey took a lot of punches she didn't need to, and then got desperate and lost focus and that got her knocked tf out with a vicious kick.
BSD
AG
I got to split that Tree House Julius IPA with my cabbie at A&M yesterday before the game. Great beer. Would drink again.
BurnetAggie99
The Rye and hops give it a spicy note but has a citris, honey, mango finish.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Talked to our sales manager at Spec's this morning and yes, DFW will be getting bottles. Pretty much everywhere we send beer will some.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Specs downtown had at least 28 cases of Trigav this morning, so at a 2 bottle limit they should have it throughout most of the day. There were only about 20 people who'd come through in the first half hour they were on sale.

Side note, also talked to the Dulce Vida Tequila guy who was on hand. They aged the tequila in Rombauer red wine barrels for 5 years before Karbach filled them with the Tripel, which aged for 4.5 months.
army01
AG
Looks like Sin Mint Temptress is hitting the DFW market today as well.
La Fours
AG
Cool, thanks. I am actually in College Station. And I saw that the Spec's here posted a pic showing they had it. So I hope to grab a bottle today.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Ballast Point sold to Constellation Brands (owners of Corona, among other things) for $1B:

http://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/Constellation+Brands+(STZ)+to+Acquire+Ballast+Point+Brewing+%26+Spirits/11076615.html

It will be interesting to see how things develop. They'd better not **** with the Sculpin recipe.
maca1028

This sounds good, hope it hits around here.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Saw that this morning and was hoping it was going to hit here. After reading through the comments though, I saw where FW said it would be brewery and Barrelworks release only unfortunately. They said it was around 600 cases produced I think. It is a 4/pp limit though, so I would hope its not too terribly hard to snag in a trade.
steve00
AG
All this talk about Alpine hitting Texas shelves got me thinking that I needed to pick some up, so I took my first trip to the source.

Their pub is far from the best tasting room I've ever been too - very strange restaurant vibe in there, but they did have lots of Alpine and a surprisingly large selection of Societe.

The brewery is down another street and sells bottles and growlers. I picked up all the usual suspects, plus a mini growler of Hot Boxed.

No Bat Soup For You
AG
1 billion dollars for brewery? Good god. I need to start home brewing again and pray for home run like Sculpin.
62strat
AG
quote:
1 billion dollars for brewery? Good god. I need to start home brewing again and pray for home run like Sculpin.
yeh, should only take 20 years or so.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm not a huge pumpkin guy. I drink a few a year...

But Rahr's Den Of Sin Pumpkin is one of the best I've had if not THE best.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Looks like Sin Mint Temptress is hitting the DFW market today as well.

Need to try this. Will sample this, not buying until I sample.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I think Lagunitas was also valued at $1B earlier this year when they sold 50% to Heineken - crazy numbers.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
yeh, should only take 20 years or so.

1 billion divided by 20 is only $50,000,000 per year. Probably not worth my time.
cc10106
Enjoying some La Muerta EC 12 at their brewpub location. Woooooo for work trips.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In light of recent events....

This is a great stout.
First Page Last Page
Page 782 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.