Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,236 Views | 62648 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Jock 07
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beer friends.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Beer friends.

Yes sir. Definitely beat sitting there by myself. I do have to ask though, does The Hay Merchant turn into a hipster ***** hangout as the evening proceeds? The bar has a great look but I can't help but think it is a mustache and some horn rimmed glasses away from hipster central.
La Fours
AG
quote:

What did you think about this beer? I grabbed one today at Specs.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Meh. It is smack dab in the middle of Montrose. The crowd is usually split between hipsters or middle-aged white guys. Either way, no one's ever really rubbed me the wrong way the times I've been there.
La Fours
AG
Lol yeah. No one really fit the description. Just had that vibe. The employees were really friendly though so that was cool.
BSD
AG
I've found that most craft beer joints attract their fair share of hipsters. I don't mind it as much as long as they keep their iPod commercial songs off the jukebox and are sober enough to make my espresso the next morning.
La Fours
713nervy
AG
omg meeting Internet people IRL
62strat
AG
quote:
Meh. It is smack dab in the middle of Montrose.... Either way, no one's ever really rubbed me the wrong way the times I've been there.

They have had lots of practice ya know.

62strat
AG
Meanwhile, in a quaint little town in northern CA.
Who needs a specialty beer shop? Just grab the beers you need while doing your weekly grocery shopping.

713nervy
AG
Jeeeesusss. Supplication is one of my top5 favorites.
BSD
AG
Last fall I walked into a Whole Foods out there and they were having a 30% off beer sale. I loaded up on Sanctification! (that was all they had left)
NColoradoAG
Those are good prices on the RR sours. Everything but the Sanctification is $2 more expensive here in CO. Sanctification is my favorite.
BSD
AG
I think the sours run $12 at the brewery so those are good prices.
jh0400
AG
I liked Consecration and Supplication. Ale + Wine Barrels = win in my book.
62strat
AG
Wait, I just realized, those are 375 mil bottles? I thought those were bombers this whole time. Dang that is pricier than I thought!

This is whole foods in walnut creek. My bro lives in Alamo.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 5/17/2012 11:54a).]
BSD
AG
Nope, they ain't cheap! You should see my bar tabs from 3 days at the brewery!!!
62strat
AG
hah. I'd imagine after about 2, all the damn names of em start to sound the same!

I can't keep em straight when I'm sober.

'yeh bartender I'll have the uh.. I can't decide between the restiplication and the damnsifricemption.. hell just gimme one!'

They should make a gag one at the brewpub called the 'constipation'. An empty bottle basically, you open it up to pour it and nothing comes out.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 5/17/2012 12:18p).]
BSD
AG
Haha. They do have Procrastination on the "Coming Soon" section of the chalkboard. It's been there awhile. I'll keep waiting....
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
What did you think about this beer? I grabbed one today at Specs.

I thought it was a well-crafted Alt. You will enjoy it.
BSD
AG
Houston peeps, Specs Spring Valley has some Stone Imperial Russian Stout, black butte 23, stoic, and NB Tart Lychee, I which I got a few.

jetch17
AG
Lychee me timbers, picked up 3 more myself today.

Its gonna lick if you hate it
BSD
AG
If I hate it, I'll just pour it in Supplication bottles and pour it for unsuspecting guests.
jetch17
62strat
AG
hah reminds of a party at my apt in college once where I poured sunny brook into some old crown bottles. no one said chit all night.

Hell I should of gone one step further and poured some sam's cola into 2-liter coke bottles
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
Hell I should of gone one step further and poured some sam's cola into 2-liter coke bottles

T&P for all those pennies you lost...
BSD
AG
I've done the bait and switch with Dom and cheap sparkling wine at a party once. Some cute girls had shown up and they were the types that wouldn't appreciate the taste, only the label so my buddy and I drank the Dom while they drank swill. The comments were hilarious.
La Fours
AG
BSD, would you please grab a Stoic for me from there?
BSD
AG
Sho nuff. I'll swing by tomorrow.
713nervy
AG
Gosh La Fours, can't you do anything for yourself?!
La Fours
AG
quote:
Gosh La Fours, can't you do anything for yourself?!

I'm just helpless. If only I lived in a huge city that got all the good ****.

Shut your face nervy.
aggiespartan
AG
Having a Jullian Hard Cider - Cherry Bomb. Pretty tart but tasty.
army01
AG
Rahr Snowmageddon for me tonight. One last tour of the Dallas stores tomorrow. Only thing about this drive that I am going to miss. Specs, Mr. G's, Lonestar and Las Colinas Beverage have all been good to me. I guess I can still hit up Charlie Hall's from time to time, but looks like Central Market is going to be my main beer store from now on.
La Fours
AG
Started the evening with a couple of these.

And finished with this. Full Dail Brewer's Share ESB. Extra Special Barney. Damn good ESB.

[This message has been edited by La fours (edited 5/18/2012 8:42a).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
It's BEER TIME!

Jester King Mad Meg and the appropriate glassware. I love the saison / farmhouse ale style and Jester King has produced a good variant. The alcohol is high, coming in at 9.4% but it is very well hidden among all the other flavors here. Just look at that beer in the glass, doesn't that look inviting?

I have not had a bunch of saisons so I would be amiss by claiming any kind of style greatness here but I would recommend the beer to folks. This was from Jester King bombers. Later a tap was opened for Jester Noble King.

Congrats to the beer guy(s) at Harvey Washbangers in CS for bringing the first Jester King tap to College Station!

No reviews on Nobel King since I'm not a hop head. Hopefully another local can chime in with a review.
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.