Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,711,126 Views | 62702 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by steve00
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw a report on Facebook that 2015 Pumpkinator had already released somewhere complete with photo proof. Not sure how that happened.
NoneGiven
AG
Do sought after breweries like Crooked Stave, JK, Wicked Weed, etc keep bottle shippers on hand to sell to morons like me that come unprepared?
NColoradoAG
WeldWerks takes silver in unfiltered wheat!
La Fours
AG
That's awesome. Congrats.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Hughies 2nd Birthday today... just had a BBA Rasputin bomber and taking a BBA Sierra Nevada Narwhal to go, drank some tap BCBS and 2013 Bomb as well.

Have FW Stickee Monkey, Sucaba, and Helldorado, Bishops Barrel 7, 9, 10, 11, Prairie OK-S, Apple Brandy noir, and 120 minute available to go as well.
62strat
AG
Unfiltered wheat is a category?
62strat
AG
Dang Wiley roots (in Greeley) taking gold in American wheat.
maca1028
Nice
No Bat Soup For You
AG
When does BB Rasputin release in Texas? Ive never had one. That's one of my favorite beers even before being aged.
corndog04
AG
At Hood River fresh hop fest today. Once well-lubed here we are stopping by Logsdon and loading up on Peche n Brett bottles
NColoradoAG
quote:
Unfiltered wheat is a category?

The categories are "American wheat without yeast"and "American wheat with yeast". Greeley breweries medaled in both with Wiley Roots taking gold in "without yeast" and Weldwerks silver in "with yeast"
Jock 07
AG
quote:
WeldWerks takes silver in unfiltered wheat!
Congrats, they were all good.
La Fours
AG
Dat peche n brett.
62strat
AG
Yeh who knew Greeley was putting out world class American wheats! Didn't know American categories had a yeast distinction. Course that category list is probably changing about every year now. My 2008 category list is surely way outdated. Don't even think it has 'American' wheats.
jah003
S
WHOOP!!!
Hudson2508
AG
Victory beer:

hbc07
AG
It's basically fall in Oregon, so this makes for a good post-game beer.
Jock 07
AG
Good beers, I've decided to take the next couple weeks off after GABF until I head down for the Bama game.
62strat
AG
Damn my hood Parker CO on the map with elk mountain taking a silver in a German style Hefeweizen. (And Denver's probst taking gold.)

Good wheats coming out of Colorado apparently.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Good beers, I've decided to take the next couple weeks off after GABF until I head down for the Bama game.

Don't blame you. GABF looks like a supreme **** show.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

GABF itself is not a **** show in the least and is an incredibly well run event. The new space , extra entrances, extra bathrooms, and overall logistics are incredible. My only complaint would be the lack of representation from the east coast, which is understandable given the distance, money, and staffing commitment. For an out-of-towner though you will not find a better collection of beers. I guess you could argue FoBaB, Firestone Walker Invitational, or Great Taste of the Midwest but those are niche and regional fests.

Right now the best way to do GABF is to fly in Wednesday night, go to GABF Thursday night and follow it up with the Avery breakfast that night. Rally, and hit the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Festival Friday afternoon. After that, its personal preference. You can fight crowds and hit tappings or head to the mountains for a nice getaway.

I had a great week despite the What the Funk debacle. Had a lot of great beers. Met a few awesome beer threaders, and shared a big glass of utopias with Jock07. Capped it off at home tonight with an awesome Aggie victory. I drank whiskey tonight though No beer until the tailgate Saturday afternoon for me. Hope some of you can make it by.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

GABF itself is not a **** show in the least and is an incredibly well run event. The new space , extra entrances, extra bathrooms, and overall logistics are incredible. My only complaint would be the lack of representation from the east coast, which is understandable given the distance, money, and staffing commitment. For an out-of-towner though you will not find a better collection of beers. I guess you could argue FoBaB, Firestone Walker Invitational, or Great Taste of the Midwest but those are niche and regional fests.

Right now the best way to do GABF is to fly in Wednesday night, go to GABF Thursday night and follow it up with the Avery breakfast that night. Rally, and hit the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Festival Friday afternoon. After that, its personal preference. You can fight crowds and hit tappings or head to the mountains for a nice getaway.

I had a great week despite the What the Funk debacle. Had a lot of great beers. Met a few awesome beer threaders, and shared a big glass of utopias with Jock07. Capped it off at home tonight with an awesome Aggie victory. I drank whiskey tonight though No beer until the tailgate Saturday afternoon for me. Hope some of you can make it by.
The lines were so much better, at least Thursday night, didn't get in til late last night. The new entrance let you in checking tickets and handing out wristbands early and pre-staged everyone in multiple large holding areas and would release one line at a time in.
Enjoyed the Utopias with you as well. Couldn't believe the heaviest pours I had all weekend was the Utopias and how much of it they brought.
cpscAG06
AG
Hit up crooked stave yesterday. Bought some great bottles to bring back to Texas
NoneGiven
AG
How in the world did Wild Bear win a gold?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
9 Golds for Texas brews this year, new record. Though one less overall medal than LY.
NoneGiven
AG
Blue Owl is a tasty new addition the Texas sours.
corndog04
AG
I was very excited to find this. Gonna be a good night.

cc10106
quote:
Blue Owl is a tasty new addition the Texas sours.
Good to hear. Looking forward to checking out their tasting room and trying their beers this weekend.
Two Down
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is a pretty good strategy. I took an early flight Thurs. morning and was pretty much wiped by the Avery midnight breakfast, but it was damn good.

The Rare Beer Festival was incredible and very, very well run.

Good getting to meet up and swap with ya, NCo.

I think I need to detox for a while now.
Jock 07
AG

GABF Drop
jah003
S
TABC... Keeping you guys safe...

Quincey P. Morris
AG
I love how they claim the illegality as fact and ignore that they're basing that in their own interpretation of a law that at best is playing semantics. Trying to argue that crowlers are different from growlers is easily the dumbest thing they've done in a long line of really dumb things.
FarmerJohn
AG
Nice due process TABC.
Jack Thauer
AG
Is Crasher in the Rye worth $15 per bomber?
cpscAG06
AG
I would pay $15 for it. Pretty solid
First Page Last Page
Page 757 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.