Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,754 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, just got into Honolulu today, anything here I ought to check out?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
The beaches.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
Wife had some Jubel 2015 and Alpine Nelson tonight at Hopfields. I think I know where I am going for lunch tomorrow.

How was the jubel? I've seen it around but always pass

She enjoyed it. A beer made once every 5 years isn't one I'd typically pass
La Fours
AG
I really really like Jubel 2015. Of course, there isn't much made by Deschutes that I don't like.
jetch17
AG
quote:
i just drink the sh*t out of any Kona beers on tap in the islands. im sure you can find some Maui brewing out there too
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

Yeah, dude. Zwanze Day tomorrow at http://www.realgastropub.com/.

Also, Oahu has two Whole Foods locations that usually have a good bottle selection.
Jock 07
AG
Yup already planning on getting up to watch the first half of the game Sat morning and then head over there for zwanze day
Bmac04
AG
Anyone need tickets for the game tomorrow? Have 3 extras if any wants them. Free or you can give some beer if you want but not necessary at all.
BSD
AG
quote:
Anyone need tickets for the game tomorrow? Have 3 extras if any wants them. Free or you can give some beer if you want but not necessary at all.
If they are better than my seats then yes! And if so, I'll have 3 extras....
jah003
S
quote:

Are they in close proximity to $24 chicken wraps...?
dummble
AG
I will be in Philadelphia for one night next week. Anything I should bring back? Or bottle shops to check out?
jah003
S
So... cpscAG06 is just the worst. Dude sends me a couple FQ Temptress's for no apparent reason.

One of these will not survive tailgating tomorrow...
Jason_Ag98
AG
I got you Bmac:

Hudson2508
AG
How's the line? Thinking of heading out for lunch tomorrow.
Jason_Ag98
AG
No line at the moment, although Saturdays are busier.
La Fours
AG
So I just saw on Facebook that deep ellum is releasing Cabernet barrel aged four swords. If any of you DFW folks can get an extra bottle, I would like to try it.
Scriffer
AG
Any idea when it's releasing? I can probably help.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Let us know if it's as good out of the bottle as on tap (assuming that you've had it already before). Got one in the fridge that I'm gonna save for a cold night in a couple months.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Any idea when it's releasing? I can probably help.

Interested as well.
62strat
AG
Hit my 100th sour beer check in on untappd today! Uinta 22nd anniversary birthday suit, an abbey ale plum sour.

On to the next 100.
steve00
AG
At a conference in SF this week, so I had to stay an extra day to hit RRBC. After the obligatory Pliny and Blind Pig, we hit a taster of the right board, which is the best board.

Then the house special was a 2011 Temptation for only $25.

After a few more -tions and some Pliny Bites, I needed some hotel beers.

The 2015 Temptation was excellent. While it had more bite and freshness, it was not as well rounded as the 2011. If I didn't have to fly home I would have stocked up on everything they had.

I did not buy either of the Sonoma Pride beers, because they were only in bottles and I couldn't try them to see if they were any good. Curious to hear if anyone has tried them.

Excellent food and beers as usual. I'm always surprised by how cheap the bill is when I leave. For a place with a near-constant line, I respect them sticking to below market prices.
La Fours
AG
Their facebook page didn't say. Looks to be coming out in bombers.
cpscAG06
AG
Hahaha, you're welcome jah.

FQ temptress was superb.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

I'm a fan.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You didn't get a diacetyl-laced one then. The odds were in your favor.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice post-breakfast for lunch drink. Not a bad way to start off game day. Doing better here than our boys are doing in College Station.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
On to a French quarter temptress now.
NoneGiven
AG
Football beer
Hudson2508
AG
Bmac or anyone else who's interested, I also have an extra bottle if you want to trade something I can't get in Texas.
Two Down
AG
Any Ags going to be in Denver for GABF and interested in any trading?

I'd be looking to trade a Fen Tao, a couple of other JK new releases, likely some fresh yellow rose, and possibly a Sherry atrial depending on the interest.
Jock 07
AG
I'll be around, what exactly are you looking for?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Any Ags going to be in Denver for GABF and interested in any trading?

I'd be looking to trade a Fen Tao, a couple of other JK new releases, likely some fresh yellow rose, and possibly a Sherry atrial depending on the interest.
Id be down to trade for some yellow rose and sherry atrial. I've got plenty of Casey beers and Crooked Stave. Adam dot Klett at gmail.
NColoradoAG
Happy Zwanze Day

https://instagr.am/p/71LDxkR-Dx
hbc07
AG
First post on TexAgs in over 2 years I think. Might as well be beer. Had this stashed in a closet for over two years as well. 2013 He'Brew Barrel Aged Funky Jewbelation. This is weird, in a good way. Did not expect it to be so sour.

hbc07
AG
Wait, wait... what's this? I was just going through things and found these which were/are destined to be yours... I guess I'll just drink them all for myself since you're not drinking anymore.

But for real, if you still want them, either email me or let me know on here and i'll email you to sort out the details.

EDIT: I don't know the new texags formatting. I was trying to quote BSD saying he isn't drinking any more.
First Page Last Page
Page 753 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.