Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,975 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tipsys is where I typically stop on my way up to or back from the mountains.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Colorado folks, the wife and I will be flying into Denver and driving to Vail, Saturday the 26th. I am going to be dropping in a Mr. B's. Any other spots that I need to hit up. Trying to find good sours, Avery stuff, RRBC, etc. TIA

Oh yea, don't know bout Denver but there's a couple places down here with Consecration hanging out on the shelves
AggieOO
Off to Wisconsin tomorrow, with a stop in Chicago for a day on each end of the trip.

Doing my usual and drinking a lot of New Glarus and Central Waters. I'll pick up some 3 Floyds, Lakefront, and a few others, but what else should i look for? I normally pick up Dragon's Milk, but that's at least available in parts of Texas now. Though I'll probably still get some.
Bmac04
AG
Grab some Pipeworks Lizard King if you can find some. Just came out a couple weeks ago.
txaggie05
AG
Picked up a growler of Jai Alai in Atlanta this afternoon
Bmac04
AG
Love coming home to beet mail. Can't wait to try this one. Two of my favorite breweries so its gotta be good.

jah003
S
quote:
Off to Wisconsin tomorrow, with a stop in Chicago for a day on each end of the trip.

Doing my usual and drinking a lot of New Glarus and Central Waters. I'll pick up some 3 Floyds, Lakefront, and a few others, but what else should i look for? I normally pick up Dragon's Milk, but that's at least available in parts of Texas now. Though I'll probably still get some.

I was able to grab some Psuedo Sue in Madison while I was up there. I think it's become a little more readily available in 4 packs.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Love coming home to beet mail. Can't wait to try this one. Two of my favorite breweries so its gotta be good.

Had no idea this was out there. Must have!
La Fours
AG
quote:

Oh damn
Jock 07
AG
After the lack of carbonation in the older viscosity and this, I think I'm done with the bottle conditioned lost abbey/port stuff

Chipotlemonger
AG
Still never had Lost Abbey. They worth it if had at a fresher date?
Midtown SAHD
On tap at the brewery, everything was awesome. I had about 6-7 different beers and they were all fresh and delicious. I've never had a bottle of theirs outside the brewery, however.
AggieOO
Thanks guys. I'll see what I can dig up.
62strat
AG
I've got a couple year old red poppy from lost abbey. Man I hope it's carbonated!
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Colorado folks, the wife and I will be flying into Denver and driving to Vail, Saturday the 26th. I am going to be dropping in a Mr. B's. Any other spots that I need to hit up. Trying to find good sours, Avery stuff, RRBC, etc. TIA

Oh yea, don't know bout Denver but there's a couple places down here with Consecration hanging out on the shelves
Damn...hoping for some at Thanksgiving!
steve00
AG
quote:
On tap at the brewery, everything was awesome. I had about 6-7 different beers and they were all fresh and delicious. I've never had a bottle of theirs outside the brewery, however.

I've never had a problem with carbonation in their bottles. Just lucky I guess. I have had lots of Angels Share, Deliverance and Red Poppy (including year old Red Poppy they had cellared at the brewery). And cable car.
NoneGiven
AG
Not a bad lunch
jah003
S
Oh JK... You sure know how to entice the neck beards...

La Fours
AG
Damn. I'm more interested in that one than the Atrial.
gordo97
AG
has anyone seen any Dragon's Milk anywhere in Houston yet?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got my FQ Temptress last night. Seeing bottles of it all over Dallas/suburbs.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So they've blended Atrial and Nocturn and aged it in Sherry barrels. Good lord.
wessimo
AG

Approves.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
So they've blended Atrial and Nocturn and aged it in Sherry barrels. Good lord.
That's not quite what I got from the description. La Vie en Rose plus second fermentation of berries from Nocturn which I assume will mean far less fruit forward.
NoneGiven
AG
Came home to this.
turfman80
AG
What's the bottle date on that Pliny?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
What's the bottle date on that Pliny?
Sadly. July. Buddy isn't an IPA fan and didn't know any better.

Anyone want it before I water my lawn with it?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Oh JK... You sure know how to entice the neck beards...

If anyone has an extra bottle I will hook it up for you
NoneGiven
AG
Good luck
jah003
S
If the Aggie game wasn't at mother effin' 11 am I'd go out there Friday night and grab a couple of bottles... I've got this JK release game on lockdown.

1. Laugh at people lining up early
2. Show up 2 hours after opening
3. Stroll up and purchase beer with no line
4. Profit?
62strat
AG
South Denver peeps, Mini dogfish head tap take over at parrys on Saturday:
HIGHLANDS RANCH

120 Minute IPA
Palo Santo
Burton Baton
Punkin
61 Minute IPA
Namaste

Looking forward to having punkin on tap. Will be a first for me. Same for burton baron I think.
I'll be there at noon.

Also having one at Thornton location same day/time.
NoneGiven
AG
Wife had some Jubel 2015 and Alpine Nelson tonight at Hopfields. I think I know where I am going for lunch tomorrow.
dixie whiskey
AG
I picked up some punkin last night. I don't know if my tastes have changed or the beer has changed, but I was overwhelmingly disappointed. granted it's been 2 or 3 years since drinking it, but I found it bland and lacking almost any pumpkin flavor. just a poorly spiced brown ale. I know that I used to really like it, but I guess tastes change.

on another note, had an urban family brett baby cakes that was fantastic. it wasnt cheap, but I definitely didn't regret that purchase. also thought texian donkey lady was pretty tasty, if lacking in pucker factor for a self proclaimed sour ale.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I like a few Punkin beers every fall and punkin used to be one of my favorites too. Now I think Pumpking and Warlock are better.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Wife had some Jubel 2015 and Alpine Nelson tonight at Hopfields. I think I know where I am going for lunch tomorrow.

How was the jubel? I've seen it around but always pass
First Page Last Page
Page 752 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.