Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,426 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Evil twin Lil B & Crux Half hitch for me this evening.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Poured the girl some Namaste from Dogfish Head, I only polished off some wine then had a Deep Ellum Pale Ale.

Namaste is pretty damn good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Poured the girl some Namaste from Dogfish Head, I only polished off some wine then had a Deep Ellum Pale Ale.

Namaste is pretty damn good.

So is Deep Ellum. Love that beer.
62strat
AG
Picked up a six of not your fathers root beer.

I'm seriously thinking of bringing the other 5 back to the store and telling them they can resell them individually (like I wish I could have done) so people aren't stuck with $12 sixer. This stuff is god awful.
cc10106
Scriffer
AG
Nope, Peticolas doesn't bottle at this point. He did a new batch for Women's World Cup this year.
La Fours
AG
quote:

Nice. How was it?
jetch17
AG
Just one word

Scriffer
AG
quote:
Just one word

Is it "HHHHHNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"?
NoneGiven
AG
Finally started organizing my cellar and noticed that my two four-packs of Backwood ******* say to enjoy fresh. Oops.

Failed plans for a Barrel Aged v Standard tasting night kept me free cracking them months ago. Hope they are still delicious.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Is half hitch the Pliny killer everyone says it is?
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/4ch0lBR-FS

Death by Coconut.

dixie whiskey
AG
tried the bayou teche biere joi and was surprisingly impressed. didn't particularly love anything else I've had from them at this point. dubbel with coffee and peppers, I liked it. have a Deschutes jubel I'm gonna try out later tonight, I've got high hopes. might do a gnarly wine too, love that **** for the price.
Hub05
AG
I just left Westbrook Brewing and have good news for Texans. They are in the middle of building a massive expansion to the brewery. When it is finished they plan on entering 3 New markets including Texas. They didn't give a time frame on when distro might start, but gose is coming eventually!
Tressels Vest
AG
quote:
quote:

Took a beer trip in April. Crux was awesome, really liked their brewery. Rated all of their beers 4+ stars. Their Impasse, Better off Red, Hefeweizen and half hitch are great.
BSD
AG
quote:
I just left Westbrook Brewing and have good news for Texans. They are in the middle of building a massive expansion to the brewery. When it is finished they plan on entering 3 New markets including Texas. They didn't give a time frame on when distro might start, but gose is coming eventually!

Believe it or not, I've never had a Westbrook beer. Sounds like that will change someday.
jh0400
AG
This is pretty good.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

It's pretty good for sure but I don't know if it's as good as fresh Pliny. Had it on tap so don't know how old it was.
cc10106
quote:
quote:

Nice. How was it?
Like a maltier rodeo clown barleywine with plenty barrel and a little tart/dryness. Lots going on. I wanted to do things to it.
jetch17
AG
Really dig the new karbach restraunt & property layout. Had some fresh delusion & the fieldworks Brett IPA

cc10106
Enjoyed some of Pinthouse Pizza's Fully Adrift DIPA today, along with JK's mezcal BA Provenance. I highly recommend both, if that's what you're into.
jetch17
AG
This stuff blows

TxKng82
AG
Finally enjoying some Cigar City Jai Alai in destin right now. Damn good stuff
Karbach came to Dallas yesterday. Had previously had rodeo clown in a can. A little bit too interesting...but I am down for pretty much any dipa.

Had 6 other of their beers tonight. Hop Delusion was my favorite. Bourbon barrell hell fighter was second fav. The rest were fine but I won't seek them out.

What am I missing?
BSD
AG
quote:
This stuff blows

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Aw **** yea!
turfman80
AG
quote:
Karbach came to Dallas yesterday. Had previously had rodeo clown in a can. A little bit too interesting...but I am down for pretty much any dipa.

Had 6 other of their beers tonight. Hop Delusion was my favorite. Bourbon barrell hell fighter was second fav. The rest were fine but I won't seek them out.

What am I missing?
Not much....you sound like me. Hop Delusion fresh is great, and some of their FUN series stuff was very good, but their everyday lineup is kind of like Saint Arnolds II in my opinion.
army01
AG
quote:
Finally started organizing my cellar and noticed that my two four-packs of Backwood ******* say to enjoy fresh. Oops.

Failed plans for a Barrel Aged v Standard tasting night kept me free cracking them months ago. Hope they are still delicious.
I had not seen that they say to enjoy fresh, but speaking from experience, they are better with a year on them.
NColoradoAG
Continuing to try and fight back the onslaught of bruery trash in my cellar

https://instagr.am/p/4dahkmx-Cl
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Believe it or not, I've never had a Westbrook beer. Sounds like that will change someday.

The gose is the best there is. Hands down. Mexican Cake and the barrel treatments are awesome as well. Everything else is just as good as all their counterparts.
army01
AG
Mmmmmm...Westbrook Gose makes my dick hard.
Jock 07
AG
big-ag
AG
quote:
Nope, Peticolas doesn't bottle at this point. He did a new batch for Women's World Cup this year.
Got a growler full of it Saturday and Craft and Growler.
Delicious and very smooth for 7.5%.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Had the Lemon/Lime Jester King Provenance last night and thought it was nice and quaffable but nowhere near my favorite. Should be drinking the Orange/GF tonight and have a feeling I'll like it a little more.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Had the Lemon/Lime Jester King Provenance last night and thought it was nice and quaffable but nowhere near my favorite. Should be drinking the Orange/GF tonight and have a feeling I'll like it a little more.
Liked the Lemon/Lime more than the O/G but the Barrel-Aged at the brewery is amazing.

Has anyone had the Avery Raspberry Sour? I thought it was amazing.
First Page Last Page
Page 711 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.