Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,182 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Their beers on Untappd get an average rating of 4.32. That's not too bad.

"Not too bad" for dave99ag equates to spectacular. Noted.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Their beers on Untappd get an average rating of 4.32. That's not too bad.

He only drinks whalez, bro.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

After BSD's 40th birthday post the bar isn't set low.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

No joke...seriously though, If I brought beers out like that for a party, I might never wear pants again. I'd helicopter the rest of my life.
dave99ag
AG
Don't forget to wear protection.

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

cc10106
Holy ****, Bishop's Barrel 10 is a booze bomb. One is def all you need.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
anyone had the latest enjoy by's? picked up a few at Bunker today during lunch
I enjoyed the one I had. Super fruity.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Everyone look at BSD. He knows a guy who owns a bank who knows the owner of Treehouse, what a baller... I[nsert Enterouge GTFO gif]

dave99ag
AG
I'm sure I've posted this before, but I just realized that this Pearl Light six pack is 40 years old!

turfman80
AG
Hey, thanks for dredging up memories of that Arky game again....
army01
AG
You remember that Arky game? I thought BSD was the old of this thread.
La Fours
AG
Hahahaha, you're old.

Jock 07
AG
Saw this while I was at the gym this morning. Pretty cool. I wonder if they plan on opening a tap room kind of like we have Rosenthal. Would be interesting if multiple schools started doing programs like this across the country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/colorado-state-offers-craft-beer-major/
DallasAggie2012
AG
Beer mail was good to me today. The stone is a 2012, and this will be the first Pliny I've ever tried. Not sure how it's taken this long, but I'm pretty pumped about it. I know it's not quite on BSD level yet, but someone has to lower the bar back down a bit after that baller post.

cc10106
Stoked to finally try this one.

Hub05
AG
What did you think of the White Oak? Probably my favorite beer CCB.
dave99ag
AG
I did a side by side with White Oak and regular Jai Alai. The White Oak version brought that extra complexity in an already really good beer. Seek it out if you can find it!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Saw this while I was at the gym this morning. Pretty cool. I wonder if they plan on opening a tap room kind of like we have Rosenthal. Would be interesting if multiple schools started doing programs like this across the country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/colorado-state-offers-craft-beer-major/

UC Davis seems to be the premier spot at the moment. Auburn offers a graduate brewing program. Those are the only other two I can think of. The founder of Oskar Blues graduated from Auburn.
Lsu, ark, and Mississippi on the schedule!

Odd that Texas game was slated for nov 27 OR 28. Was that common?
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Lsu, ark, and Mississippi on the schedule!

Odd that Texas game was slated for nov 27 OR 28. Was that common?

Aggies couldn't figure out what day Thanksgiving was going to be.
cc10106
quote:
What did you think of the White Oak? Probably my favorite beer CCB.
Awesome brew and definitely worth tracking down. I tried the regular version before it, and like dave99Ag mentioned the variant had a nice complexity with lplenty vanilla and some dill. Much less bitterness as well but balanced with the added flavors. It was my first brew aged on white oak, much less an IPA with the oak-aging.
big-ag
AG
quote:
Beer mail was good to me today. The stone is a 2012, and this will be the first Pliny I've ever tried. Not sure how it's taken this long, but I'm pretty pumped about it. I know it's not quite on BSD level yet, but someone has to lower the bar back down a bit after that baller post.

Curious, was that through a trade or did you find a place that sold Pliny online?
DallasAggie2012
AG
This was through a trade with a guy in San Fran, but I am not sure if there any online vendors that sell Pliny. BSD would probably know best as he seems to have a pretty good hit on where to snatch up some Pliny.
jah003
S
quote:
This was through a trade with a guy in San Fran, but I am not sure if there any online vendors that sell Pliny. BSD would probably know best as he seems to have a pretty good hit on where to snatch up some Pliny.

Phischy would probably know too...
big-ag
AG
Figured as much. I've searched with no luck. I have to depend on friends that travel to CA or CO for my Pliny fix.
jh0400
AG
quote:
Figured as much. I've searched with no luck. I have to depend on friends that travel to CA or CO for my Pliny fix.

I've been trying to find someone that I can swap Yellow Rose for Pliny with but haven't had any luck.
turfman80
AG
For all the young punks, this is what geezers consider a kickass beer

Visited the brewery again last Saturday and the owner said their 6-8 month plan (expansion included) is to eventually get YR in 16 oz. 4 packs. Also said Yellow Rose is about 70% of their total production.
BSD
AG
quote:
Everyone look at BSD. He knows a guy who owns a bank who knows the owner of Treehouse, what a baller... I[nsert Enterouge GTFO gif]

Excuse me for being being specific while at a banking convention with banking on my mind as I sit here and post while surrounded by these bankers.

Oh, and I've been offered some so that's nice should I play that card.
BSD
AG
quote:

Visited the brewery again last Saturday and the owner said their 6-8 month plan (expansion included) is to eventually get YR in 16 oz. 4 packs. Also said Yellow Rose is about 70% of their total production.

I've been talking these up this week while at a conference. Some of these guys are huge HF and Alchemist fans so I'm trying to set up some future trades when I go visit them...at their banks
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:

I've been talking these up this week while at a conference. Some of these guys are huge HF and Alchemist fans so I'm trying to set up some future trades when I go visit them...at their banks
You know some bankers???
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you in Manhattan?
BSD
AG
****ty ass Phoenix.

Everyone came out here for a conference. Why would someone build a city in the desert? It sucks here. My friend had a scorpion in his room. A ****ing scorpion. Screw this place.
La Fours
AG
What resort are you at? I was in Phoenix two years ago for a work conference. Looks like this next year it'll be Denver/Boulder or Dallas.
dave99ag
AG
Is there any good beer in Phoenix?

I'm traveling there in July with my lady while she attends a conference.
First Page Last Page
Page 706 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.