Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,219 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone tell me about New Braunfels Brewing Co. May hit the river week after next and wouldn't mind finding a decent brewery in the area.
jah003
S
Heard their beers are really hit or miss (and mostly misses). Several guys I've talked to have said some of their beers are the worst they've ever tried. I have no personal experience with NBBC because I tend to steer clear of them with all the crappy reviews...
Jock 07
AG
Well that sucks. Any places worth checking out in the area?
jh0400
AG
quote:
Someone tell me about New Braunfels Brewing Co. May hit the river week after next and wouldn't mind finding a decent brewery in the area.

I've got a Sangre de Shiva in my cabinet, but I only bought it because it's supposed to be aged in William Chris barrels. The BA reviews aren't terrible on it, but I've not tried it.
EFE
AG
Oops. wrong thread.
Jock 07
AG
Might be heading to Ft Collins tomorrow. How do the Odell tours work, do you have to sign up early?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Might be heading to Ft Collins tomorrow. How do the Odell tours work, do you have to sign up early?
I didn't. It's a pretty meh tour. I just do the New Belgium one whenever I'm up there.
NColoradoAG
You should swing through Greeley. I'll be at weldwerks at 2
Jock 07
AG
Might have to try that, will be with a group so we'll see. I'd love to stop by New Belgium but of course all the tours are full and I'm sure it'll be a **** show trying to get on the standby list with the holiday weekend. Although if the weather is as ****ty up there as it is here then maybe there'd be a chance.
NColoradoAG
It's nice up here now. Partly cloudy and mid 60s
maca1028
Not much to choose from in NB besides maybe Faust, really cool historic hotel with a brewpub downstairs.
AggieChemist
AG
Spent 24 hours in Brussels the other day. Found a hole in the wall bar that has been there since 1600. Stained glass and the whole 9 yards. They were pouring Westvleteren. No other foreigners in the place. I stayed all evening.
Jock 07
AG
Lazy Saturday watching the Ags get destroyed and now the colonial
Geriatric Punk
AG
Sin Frontera (CS/JK Collaboration) sucks. Really don't get the hype.
BSD
AG
A small Saturday delivery of the last of my Crooked Stave. Thanks to NoCol, I owe you one.

BSD
AG
It was a hoppy Iowa kind of day at my buddy's pool party.

jetch17
jetch17
AG
Downin a little B52 while waiting on a pie tonight

steve00
AG
Still no Cable Car. Really thought they'd bring it out for the 7th anniversary weekend. Still, Pliny, Supplication and Sucaba on tap is a better than average fallback option.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Still no Cable Car. Really thought they'd bring it out for the 7th anniversary weekend. Still, Pliny, Supplication and Sucaba on tap is a better than average fallback option.

Very nice, is the row 2 hill 56 a reference to a hop variety?
jh0400
AG
Row 2, Hill 56 is good **** as well.
steve00
AG
It's a 100% simcoe hops from a specific grower. It's good stuff. I don't think they bottle it, but it has been pretty available on tap lately.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, have never seen it before and don't recall it being on tap when I was at RRBC a couple years ago
BSD
AG
It's somewhat seasonal and they do bottle it. I've brought bottles home before on several occasions. Jetch and I took one up to Petrol one afternoon to drink with some Rancors. It's a damn good beer.
jh0400
AG
quote:
It's a 100% simcoe hops from a specific grower. It's good stuff. I don't think they bottle it, but it has been pretty available on tap lately.

It shows up on the bottle list occasionally at the brew pub.
BSD
AG
quote:
Still no Cable Car

Oh they have Cable Car...
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
Still no Cable Car

Oh they have Cable Car...

I know they have 50 cases somewhere, but the bartenders say they don't know when it will be available. The guy today claimed they may have a keg tomorrow, but wasn't sure. It's enough of a chance for me to go back and see. SF has been selling it. I think SD is waiting for tomorrow or Monday.
BSD
AG
Give it a shot tomorrow...Worst case scenario is that you drink some good beers!
txag2008
AG
Sante Adairius

dixie whiskey
AG
so to black out the happenings of the rockets game, we're putting a dent in my clown shoes supply. so far gone through a '14 pecan pie porter, a couple chocolate sombreros, working on a crasher in the rye, and just might open up one of my bottles of fistful of unidragon. throw in the lagunitas equinox, a handful of sierra nevada hop hunters, some independence red bud berlinerweisse, and an oddword farms saison, and I think that bloodbath might get erased yet.
CollinAB
AG
Picked up some fresh Lagunitas Sucks 6-packs. Oh man. Always so good.

And I almost feel bad about enjoying the Rockets getting crushed, but my Houston friends from school were so obnoxious about them. So I don't.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
And I almost feel bad about enjoying the Rockets getting crushed, but my Houston friends from school were so obnoxious about them. So I don't.
txag2008
AG
Tasty IPA. Pebble Beach right around the corner

steve00
AG
Victory at last!

steve00
AG
And a bonus bottle.
First Page Last Page
Page 694 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.