Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,173 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's a nice gift.
La Fours
AG
That's awesone maca!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sweet
Hugo Stiglitzz
How nice of him to leave you all that tasty beer too.

We're practically neighbors, I live in Clear Lake. Should grab a beer at Nobi, or Skali's some day.

quote:

big-ag
AG
Question for folks in Colorado. Gonna be in Denver and Boulder in a few weeks. Where in the area are my best options to find RRBC? Not necessarily Pliny, looking for sours too.
maca1028
Sounds good Hugo. How is the selection at Skali's? I've been meaning to check them out.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
Question for folks in Colorado. Gonna be in Denver and Boulder in a few weeks. Where in the area are my best options to find RRBC? Not necessarily Pliny, looking for sours too.
Jock found some this week, I think. WIll be dry in North Colorado until end of May. I heard that weren't distributing Consecration because of drought. Could be BS, but that's what my local liquor store guy said.

Falling Rock Taphouse is your best bet in Denver from what I know.
Geriatric Punk
AG
dp
NColoradoAG
quote:
They will be hard to find. It's just a matter of timing these days. The good thing is there are several options that are just as good and easy to find. Crooked Stave, Casey, and Almanac to name a few. Westbrook Gose is back in the house now as well. They're cheaper too.
big-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
They will be hard to find. It's just a matter of timing these days. The good thing is there are several options that are just as good and easy to find. Crooked Stave, Casey, and Almanac to name a few. Westbrook Gose is back in the house now as well. They're cheaper too.
Thanks for the advice. Can't get any of those in DFW either. I'll check em out.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bring back all of the Westbrook Gose. All. Of. It.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bring back all of the Westbrook Gose. All. Of. It.
This... So much this.

Jock 07
AG
Yeah I found the Pliny at AppleJacks when I was up there this past weekend. They didn't have any of the sours. Consecration hit town here last week but it's pretty much long gone now. I think the applejacks guy said they might be getting some of the sour stuff in a couple of weeks.
maca1028
Has anyone seen blood orange gose around the tine lately?
Hugo Stiglitzz
Skally's is good. Good beer, good bar food...etc

But I don't often make it past Boondoggles when in the Seabrook area. Love that place.
Jock 07
AG
Oh yeah, and both pliny and blind pig were on tap at falling rock, but they had already run out of superpower unfortunately. Pretty sure the pliny is pretty much always on tap there. I think the dude at star bar also said they get the sours from time to time on tap. I think the pizza place up in boulder has them in bottles but don't know if you can get em to go.
Jock 07
AG
If you like the style, this is a good ****ing beer
txaggie05
AG
In South Carolina this week

maca1028
Love boondoggles, we usually spend St Pattys day there. Next time I'm out that way I'll give you a heads up.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Paradox Skully Barrel #21 tonight. Nice berry sour.
Hugo Stiglitzz
For sure.
tremble
AG
If I'm in Portland for the weekend what store should I hit up to get some interesting brews I couldn't snag back in Texas?
Geriatric Punk
AG
By the Bottle in Vancouver
Jock 07
AG
Well this certainly is odd. I had no idea about this stuff and knew nothing of the brewery but the combination of the flashy bottle art and it being the last one on the shelf convinced me to buy it. It's not horrible just not very refined.

Picked this up on a whim tonight at my local liquor store that I usually only go to to pick up sixers of Odell IPA since they don't have **** for beer. Figured it sounded interesting and it was only 3 bucks.

ChipFTAC01
AG
What's the story On Odells? Have they been around for a while in CO and just hit Texas in the last 6 months or so? I like most of what I've had of theirs. Nothing too bold, have a pretty clean taste. They won't knock your socks off but they're good to have a few around the house
turfman80
AG
Odell hit Texas last spring. One of my favorite IPA's . And they kill everyone else on keeping fresh stock rotated in.
maca1028
Looks like blood orange gose is making a second round through the tine, according to twitter
Bmac04
AG
John's market place has a huge selection. Apex has some really good bottles to go as well but can be pricey.
jh0400
AG
quote:
What's the story On Odells? Have they been around for a while in CO and just hit Texas in the last 6 months or so? I like most of what I've had of theirs. Nothing too bold, have a pretty clean taste. They won't knock your socks off but they're good to have a few around the house

St Lupulin is probably my favorite session beer. When it's fresh it's hard to beat.
BSD
AG
quote:
If I'm in Portland for the weekend what store should I hit up to get some interesting brews I couldn't snag back in Texas?

Belmont Station has a good selection and a bar attached to it. It's also near Horse Brass Pub, which is a great beer bar. Both of those are near Cascade and Hair of the Dog breweries as well as the Green Fairy, another good beer bar. That should keep you drunk for the better part of a day.
maca1028
Belmont is the one I've had my eye on for my trip in July. My liver and wallet might not survive the summer
Jock 07
AG
St Lupulin is good stuff
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Odell hit Texas last spring. One of my favorite IPA's . And they kill everyone else on keeping fresh stock rotated in.
Gotcha. I think I saw it for the first time last fall. They do do a great job of keeping product on the shelves.
Geriatric Punk
AG
ODELL Treeshaker (limited release Peach IPA) and Myrcenary (Double IPA), both in 4 packs, are my favorite beers from ODELL. Some people could take or leave Treeshaker, but it really hits the spot on a hot day. They are both 10%, so either will get you lubed up pretty quickly. We ride our bikes to the brewery when it is nice out. Cool little spot to heave bags and have some undistributed stuff.

Glad they made it to Texas. Enjoy.
NColoradoAG
quote:
ODELL Treeshaker (limited release Peach IPA) and Myrcenary (Double IPA), both in 4 packs, are my favorite beers from ODELL. Some people could take or leave Treeshaker, but it really hits the spot on a hot day. They are both 10%, so either will get you lubed up pretty quickly. We ride our bikes to the brewery when it is nice out. Cool little spot to heave bags and have some undistributed stuff.

Glad they made it to Texas. Enjoy.

This latest batch of Tree Shaker may the be the worst beer I've ever had from Odell. No peach, muted hops, sweet and malty. Different strokes I guess.

That being said, I pretty much always have a Montage 12 pack in my fridge.
First Page Last Page
Page 687 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.