Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,063 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Does Cable Car get distributed here to Colorado?
I believe those are produced only for Toronado.
steve00
AG
quote:

Cable Car is sold exclusively at Toronado. You can't even buy it at the brewery. It is usually on-premise only, but they sold them togo at this fancy beer pairing brunch they did a couple weeks ago.

I'm guessing you'd have to find someone who went to the brunch and do a trade. I think each person got to buy two bottles.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
quote:
Cable Car is sold exclusively at Toronado. You can't even buy it at the brewery. It is usually on-premise only, but they sold them togo at this fancy beer pairing brunch they did a couple weeks ago.

I'm guessing you'd have to find someone who went to the brunch and do a trade. I think each person got to buy two bottles.

Spot on. Exactly what I did.
cpscAG06
AG
Ok-si by prairie just dropped today in Dallas at Halls. Dropped yesterday at lonestar
army01
AG
quote:
Ok-si by prairie just dropped today in Dallas at Halls. Dropped yesterday at lonestar
This one really intrigues me.
aggiemike02
AG
HEB bunker hill has ok-si limit one.
Hub05
AG
quote:
Pretty good little box for a Monday

How much Jester King do you have to trade for that box?
Bmac04
AG
None. Havent really been trading that much JK lately, value seems to be all over the place for them. My vanilla rye stash has taken a serious hit lately though.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Heading down to Colorado Springs to do the Manitou Incline. What brewery should we go to afterward? Only have about an hour to kill before we head back north.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Damn
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Heading down to Colorado Springs to do the Manitou Incline. What brewery should we go to afterward? Only have about an hour to kill before we head back north.

Depending on which day and what time you do the incline the new manitou brewery is decent and usually has good guest taps as well. If you can stand the pretentiousness trinity is probably your other best bet since paradox is in the middle of their move. There's also Brewers republic which is a decent bar downtown. Unfortunately we have a lot of ****ty breweries here. Have you been up the incline since they redid it?
Jason_Ag98
AG
Westvleteren 12 for my birthday!

maca1028
Happy Birthday
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday. I have one of those in my beer fridge. Waiting for the right time to open it.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Thanks, Jock. First time up the incline. Should be good times.
army01
AG
Happy birthday!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very nice, happy birthday
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Thanks, Jock. First time up the incline. Should be good times.

Enjoy, it's a bit steeper now but you don't have to worry about slipping and slicing your leg open on the exposed pipes. Also, I'd suggest running down the Barr trail on the backside instead of coming back down the incline.
Kyle98
AG
That's awesome, happy birthday! I'm hoping to go to Belgium next summer for my 40th, and Westvleteren is on my wishlist of places to go.
BSD
AG
Happy birthday, Jason.

Isn't a visit to Westvleteren a pain in the ass? I think I remembered reading that you have to sign up months ins advance and give them your car plates (tough if renting) and set up an appointment. I looked into it briefly but we went to Amsterdam instead.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Happy birthday, Jason.

Isn't a visit to Westvleteren a pain in the ass? I think I remembered reading that you have to sign up months ins advance and give them your car plates (tough if renting) and set up an appointment. I looked into it briefly but we went to Amsterdam instead.
Ugh, I thought it was a couple of days in advance. I just looked at their website, though, and you may be right. It's all booked up next week from what it looks like.

http://users.telenet.be/sintsixtus/sintsixtus/bierverkoopactueel.htm

May do it anyway, we'll see.
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:
quote:
Happy birthday, Jason.

Ugh, I thought it was a couple of days in advance. I just looked at their website, though, and you may be right. It's all booked up next week from what it looks like.

http://users.telenet.be/sintsixtus/sintsixtus/bierverkoopactueel.htm

May do it anyway, we'll see.
Depending on where you are, you may be able to buy it. I bought a 6 pack of the 12 in Bruges. I don't think they are technically supposed to sell them, but depending on where you are you can find them.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Depending on where you are, you may be able to buy it. I bought a 6 pack of the 12 in Bruges. I don't think they are technically supposed to sell them, but depending on where you are you can find them.
Cool, thanks. I've also read that lots of places in Brussels sell the 6-packs, too.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Manitou Single Hop IPA. Very nice citrus and floral notes while a crisp finish. Not sweet. Good call, Jock. Legs are ruined but spirits are high. We took Barr down for sure. Thanks.

NColoradoAG
Now there's a collab I can be excited about

62strat
AG
Picked up some goodies today;
2014 abyss
2x Avery tectum et elix (sour aged in cab. sauv. barrels.)
Crooked stave petite sour - boysenberry.

Had to pick up some everyday drinkers too. Saw 12 mix pack of dundee on sale for $12. I'm pretty sure it's a 'macro-craft' based on price, but so far, the kolsch is pretty tasty after doing yard work. With as much money spent on single bottles, I gotta start looking for deals when it comes to 6 and 12 packs.

Hell the 12 pack of dundee is as much as the single 12oz. Avery
Jock 07
AG
Glad you enjoyed it. The incline is no joke.
Jock 07
AG
I'm looking forward to that new avery sour. Only have gotten my hands on one so far though.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Received this box from OK yesterday with Obama's book used as packaging

SecoKid
AG
Any San Antonio people interested in meeting up for a bottle share? Represent830 and I were thinking of getting together, maybe late May. Open to suggestions for locations.
SecoKid
AG
TP
SecoKid
AG
TP
La Fours
AG
Nice. Which Prairie beer is that?
Hugo Stiglitzz
Fred's Blend (Blend of Port barrel and 4 Roses barrel aged BOMB!).

Heard great things about it, we'll see...

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Fred's Blend (Blend of Port barrel and 4 Roses barrel aged BOMB!).

Heard great things about it, we'll see...

Sounds promising. Love 4 Roses
First Page Last Page
Page 680 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.