Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,424 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
Hickory High
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also what's everyone's shape preference when it comes to beer glasses?
Scriffer
AG
I use mostly tulip glasses:

And Teku Glasses:

Allegedly I should get some IPA glasses:

But in all honesty, my palate isn't sensitive enough to tell the differences between them all. It's just for fun as far as I'm concerned.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've pretty much got the styles covered by glass and check rate beer for the suggested glasses.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
I've pretty much got the styles covered by glass and check rate beer for the suggested glasses.

I'll do that. And Scriffer I'm the same way. I'm still learning how to taste all the little details.
dave99ag
AG
The IPA glasses look, um, odd.
BSD
AG

coincidence?

(please excuse the bottom up view, this was the most appropriate image I could find at it came with it. I did find some other cool photos I could share, but not on this site)
AgEng06
AG
That's one way to take it...
dave99ag
AG
Really changes the thought of when BSD says he wants to put his d in it.
NColoradoAG
You basically need three glasses:

Pint: Pale Ale, IPA, DIPA, Stouts, Porters, Browns, Lagers
Tulip: IPA, DIPA, Belgians, Wild Ales
Snifter: Barleywines, Imperial Stouts, Barrel Aged Beers

Just about everything is a variation of those three styles.
Whoop04
I am a barbarian and only use pint glasses. My reasons are that A) other types of glass tend to break more easily, B) i like to buy pint glasses from breweries that I like. Harder to do with specialty glassware, C) I am not a sommelier nor claim to be one.
dave99ag
AG
I've drank plenty of beer snsnobbery from solo cups. Good beer is good beer.
NoneGiven
AG
That IPA glass looks suspiciously like a stout glass
http://www.amazon.com/Spiegelau-Beer-Classics-Stout-Glass/dp/B00K0JFP5Q

Just ribbed for his pleasure
Jock 07
AG
But are you a cicerone?
Hickory High
AG
Well people may have been waiting hours for KBS elsewhere in the state, but at the HEB in college station, they have em just sitting around. Walked right in a few minutes ago and bought me a four pack. Thank goodness my fellow college students don't enjoy craft beer like I do.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
just got some KBS at HEB Bunker Hill. They only had about 2 cases and there was about 24 people in line. It went quickly. Mad props to the guy behind me for telling me every location in town that he was about to visit to get more. Be happy with two, you dick. He also told the girl behind him who was obviously new to the craft beer world to try Surly Darkness.

Wait. Is it taboo to drink more than a few of a rare beer? Am I Dick for drinking like BCBS this year? I don't know all the craft beet rules.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
just got some KBS at HEB Bunker Hill. They only had about 2 cases and there was about 24 people in line. It went quickly. Mad props to the guy behind me for telling me every location in town that he was about to visit to get more. Be happy with two, you dick. He also told the girl behind him who was obviously new to the craft beer world to try Surly Darkness.

Wait. Is it taboo to drink more than a few of a rare beer? Am I Dick for drinking like BCBS this year? I don't know all the craft beet rules.
KBS and BCBS aren't rare beers.
BSD
AG
They are in Houston. We get **** for allocations.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Still not rare son. They make 100's of thousands of bottles of the ****.
BSD
AG
Besides, the guy I'm talking about was just a world class doucjebag. **** him. You guys could go store to store and I wouldnt care. This was just one of the many things wrong with that pole smoker. He went on to regurgitate to this girl some BA talk that KBS is only good within the first month of release and I bet he's never even tried one aged. I hate these people sometimes.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm not your son, buddy. I agree they're not rare, but they are rare in Houston. To be clear, they are rare to get in Houston with minimal effort. That's kinda my main point there.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Besides, the guy I'm talking about was just a world class doucjebag. **** him. You guys could go store to store and I wouldnt care. This was just one of the many things wrong with that pole smoker. He went on to regurgitate to this girl some BA talk that KBS is only good within the first month of release and I bet he's never even tried one aged. I hate these people sometimes.
That guy's definitely a noob ******. People driving around to pick up a bunch of KBS makes me laugh my ass off. It's hands down the most overhyped beer produced today. Surpassing even Dark Lord. I do kind of agree with him that it ages like ****. I've never had a >6 month bottle that tasted very good.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not your son, buddy. I agree they're not rare, but they are rare in Houston. To be clear, they are rare to get in Houston with minimal effort. That's kinda my main point there.
I'm going to smash your glassware when I get home.

No Bat Soup For You
AG
I've never even seen a KBS. They're rare to me.
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
That guy's definitely a noob ******. People driving around to pick up a bunch of KBS makes me laugh my ass off. It's hands down the most overhyped beer produced today. Surpassing even Dark Lord. I do kind of agree with him that it ages like ****. I've never had a >6 month bottle that tasted very good.

It's not even that disagreed with him. But morally I couldn't say anything because he was such a tool. I hope he loses a few bottles of his Vespa.

And please don't publically knock KBS yet. I'm hoping Maca makes it back with a Pliny so I can trade him for it.
BSD
AG
quote:

You mean that glassware you refuse to send? I don't want it anyways.

I'm kidding, I'm sorry. Please forgive me and overnight it.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

You mean that glassware you refuse to send? I don't want it anyways.

I'm kidding, I'm sorry. Please forgive me and overnight it.
I'll send it soon enough. You were moved back to the end of the line after I sent all those bottles. Your turn is coming up. You were also passed up by people who sent thank you packages.
BSD
AG
I have some kbs I'll send. Maybe an extra dark lord?
maca1028
Now children
62strat
AG
Falling rock always has Pliny on tap, like 365 I'm pretty sure. Just fyi if you're changing your schedule to make it there sooner than later.
army01
AG
quote:
I've never even seen a KBS. They're rare to me.
I'll see what I can do. I still have some '14s hanging around. Unlike others, I like some time on it.
maca1028
I've been kinda forced into wynkoop tonight so maybe falling rock tomorrow
txaggie05
AG
I agree that KBS is overhyped. It's good, but BCBS rings circles around it t
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm taking the wife to Hawaii in June. Is there any beer there worth shipping back? Do they get any of the good Cali stuff since that's their closest trading partners?
BSD
AG
quote:
I'm taking the wife to Hawaii in June. Is there any beer there worth shipping back? Do they get any of the good Cali stuff since that's their closest trading partners?

I've never found anything good in bottles but Maui Brewing Company had some good beers on draft at the brewpub.
BSD
AG
quote:
It's good, but BCBS rings circles around it

I'm with you there!
First Page Last Page
Page 659 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.