Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,954 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now I see what all the fuss is about with crowlers
Represent830
AG
Damn... Repose for $25? It's good but that's steep. I'm also cheap so take it FWIW. At least once, yeah.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I got a couple of those Harpoon Chocolate Stouts in a winter mixer 18 pack a few years ago. Thought they were fantastic.

I hadn't seen them since then anywhere until around New Years this year they had a 6-pack of them at Central Market in Houston. They're very, very tasty. Definitely my favorite chocolate stout I've ever had.
Ags #1
AG
D&q with some greenhouse ipa.
Ags #1
AG
D&q has some greenhouse ipa
maca1028
This makes me so happy that greenhouse is back in the tine
Whoop04
Anyone have a good beer podcast recommendation?
maca1028
Repose
Scriffer
AG
Edit to remove pic because of language

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/3/23/8277455/jon-and-spencers-beer-bracket-its-the-great-beer-bracket-challenge-so
jah003
S
Not sure how effective this will be... But good for Jester King: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/
dave99ag
AG
I'll be there Friday, so I'm curious to see how it goes.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Not sure how effective this will be... But good for Jester King: http://jesterkingbrewery.com/blog/

They should just go back to the online registration approach for the original MvB release last year. Worked well from what I remember.
army01
AG
quote:
Good for them. If you need mules, bring friends. Don't poach other people enjoying their beer.
jetch17
AG
id lose my sh*t if a group of beardys hit me up at a table if we were just hanging out
La Fours
AG
The online part worked fine. It was the slow moving lines that were, and still are the problem. The neckbeards working at the brewery take their sweet damn time and so do the dumbasses in line not ready to place their order by the time they get to the front. I can't enjoy my time out there because I'm having to stand in a ****ing line the entire time.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Dibs on Aggie00's bottle of MvB.
Represent830
AG
quote:
The online part worked fine. It was the slow moving lines that were, and still are the problem. The neckbeards working at the brewery take their sweet damn time and so do the dumbasses in line not ready to place their order by the time they get to the front. I can't enjoy my time out there because I'm having to stand in a ****ing line the entire time.
Agreed. They are so terribly slow. Luckily they opened up a MvB line only when I was there so I was like 3rd in line instead of 20th. That bottle line needs a class in efficiency. Talk about detracting from the experience...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I wait for the line to go down usually. At some point it ends up cycling to a short one.

Anyone have any ideas on when we can expect to see Funk Metal released again? I'm a fan of that one.

I also noticed their blog post on Hibernal says they're brewing a second batch for distribution. That seems like their new MO with their non 500ml releases.
Represent830
AG
Haven't heard about funk metal yet. Know the Atrial release is sometime this summer though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think Atrial hit in July last year. I know Funk Metal was in May but last year was the first year I was really getting their stuff so I wasn't sure what the release schedule was like. My buddy picked me up my first bottle of Atrial in September or October of 2013.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I can't enjoy my time out there because I'm having to stand in a ****ing line the entire time.

The one time I've been out there was on a Saturday afternoon during the MvB and CdT release last year. In the hour and fifteen minutes I was there, I did nothing but stand in the to-go bottles line. My wife went to the tap line, and she wasn't able to get near the front in this time, so we took our bottles and left. I really like their beer, but the thought of waiting in those lines deters me from going back.
cc10106
Friday nights at JK are my favorite. Saturday afternoon not so much.
La Fours
AG
I was out there on the second Saturday during that release last year. The lines moving so slow ruined the experience for my wife, so it will damn near impossible to get her to go back out there with me.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I haven't been there for a release like that but I have seen the lines go between long and short. Usually the line at the outdoor tent station is more manageable. We typically grab a drink and hang out while playing attention to how long the line is and get in when it shortens up.
jh0400
AG
quote:
I haven't been there for a release like that but I have seen the lines go between long and short. Usually the line at the outdoor tent station is more manageable. We typically grab a drink and hang out while playing attention to how long the line is and get in when it shortens up.

The day I was there it took over an hour to get a drink.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
With both stations running? That's nuts. I have seen too many people at the front of the drink line sit there and ask a thousand questions before they order. Those people suck.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
With both stations running? That's nuts. I have seen too many people at the front of the drink line sit there and ask a thousand questions before they order. Those people suck.

100%.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:

100%.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

Anyone have any ideas on when we can expect to see Funk Metal released again? I'm a fan of that one.

Funk Metal should be released pretty soon. They will have a new release for the next 7 weeks from what I have heard.

(Not in any order)
New Hibernal
Crooked Stave Collab
Magnum of something
Funk Metal
Live Oak hefe collab
Sazarac cocktail inspired beer
Syrah fruited sour
BSD
AG
Keep the craft beer flowing. This is from Open the Taps. Get off your asses and dial:

SB 1386 Update
SB 1386, the bill that would allow consumers to buy directly from breweries for off-premise consumption, is currently delayed.
OTT members and friends:

As you may have seen on Twitter or Facebook, the planned-for-today Senate hearing for SB 1386 was postponed, and we need your help to get it back on track!

Just to recap: SB 1386 would allow consumers to purchase up to two cases of beer per month directly from breweries (think of special, limited releases or a six-pack after a tour, for example). You have consistently emphasized the importance of this as members of Open The Taps, and we strongly support this bill.

The postponement reportedly comes due to some distributors pressuring some members of the committee to make this issue into a big fight. As a result of these distributors' actions, the Business & Commerce Committee has decided to delay the initial hearing and discussion, most likely until next week.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please, contact your Senator immediately, via phone if possible, especially if they are a member of the B&C Committee (Listed below).

Senator Kevin Eltife (chair & author of this bill - SD 1): (512) 463-0101 / (903) 596-9122
Senator Brandon Creighton (vice-chair - SD 4): (512) 463-0104 / (409) 838-9861
Senator Rodney Ellis (SD 13): (512) 463-0113 / (713) 236-0306
Senator Don Huffines (SD 16): (512) 463-0116
Senator Charles Schwertner (SD 5): (512) 463-0105 / (512) 863-8456
Senator Kel Seliger (SD 31): (512) 463-0131 / (806) 374-8994
Senator Larry Taylor (SD 11): (512) 463-0111 / (281) 485-9800
Senator Kirk Watson (SD 14): (512) 463-0114
Senator John Whitmire (SD 15): (512) 463-0115 / (713) 864-8701

We need phone calls and we need them badly. Let's not let this bill get stalled because a few big distributors have more ears than the residents of Texas.
BSD
AG
If you give a **** about beer, you will take action (from Open the Taps):

quote:
SB 1386 Update
SB 1386, the bill that would allow consumers to buy directly from breweries for off-premise consumption, is currently delayed.
OTT members and friends:

As you may have seen on Twitter or Facebook, the planned-for-today Senate hearing for SB 1386 was postponed, and we need your help to get it back on track!

Just to recap: SB 1386 would allow consumers to purchase up to two cases of beer per month directly from breweries (think of special, limited releases or a six-pack after a tour, for example). You have consistently emphasized the importance of this as members of Open The Taps, and we strongly support this bill.

The postponement reportedly comes due to some distributors pressuring some members of the committee to make this issue into a big fight. As a result of these distributors' actions, the Business & Commerce Committee has decided to delay the initial hearing and discussion, most likely until next week.

WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please, contact your Senator immediately, via phone if possible, especially if they are a member of the B&C Committee (Listed below).

Senator Kevin Eltife (chair & author of this bill - SD 1): (512) 463-0101 / (903) 596-9122
Senator Brandon Creighton (vice-chair - SD 4): (512) 463-0104 / (409) 838-9861
Senator Rodney Ellis (SD 13): (512) 463-0113 / (713) 236-0306
Senator Don Huffines (SD 16): (512) 463-0116
Senator Charles Schwertner (SD 5): (512) 463-0105 / (512) 863-8456
Senator Kel Seliger (SD 31): (512) 463-0131 / (806) 374-8994
Senator Larry Taylor (SD 11): (512) 463-0111 / (281) 485-9800
Senator Kirk Watson (SD 14): (512) 463-0114
Senator John Whitmire (SD 15): (512) 463-0115 / (713) 864-8701

We need phone calls and we need them badly. Let's not let this bill get stalled because a few big distributors have more ears than the residents of Texas.
BSD
AG
Two posts because its important.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:

I won't be out there.

That said, I have a bottle of MvB blend #1. Taking offers for trade. I hate sours and i'm not an IPA fan. I was going to put it up on beeradvocate or something, but i'm too lazy. I just want something good in return that i can't get in austin.

fyi - i'm getting married this weekend and will be out of town next week/weekend, so trade wouldn't happen for a couple weeks, unless you are in austin.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I won't be out there.

That said, I have a bottle of MvB blend #1. Taking offers for trade. I hate sours and i'm not an IPA fan. I was going to put it up on beeradvocate or something, but i'm too lazy. I just want something good in return that i can't get in austin.

fyi - i'm getting married this weekend and will be out of town next week/weekend, so trade wouldn't happen for a couple weeks, unless you are in austin.

Pirate bomb?
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Syrah fruited sour
Oh wut?
First Page Last Page
Page 653 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.