Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,850 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by swampstander
CollinAB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man. The last few pages have me so jealous. Money's been too tight to get that much good stuff lately.
Represent830
AG
Did anyone get their hands on a World's Worst Twin they'd be willing to trade for?
maca1028
Repose bottles at petrol! Somebody goandpickitupformebro
steve00
AG
The Mason Rd Specs had no Yellow Rose, but the Katy Mills Specs did. It is now out as well.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
JK was special today. All their parking except right in front was closed due to it being a mud pit. Got my bottles and left. Looked like there were several cats that didn't have a chance of getting out.
aggielax48
AG
I really liked Brazzle too.
jetch17
AG
Didn't make it to petrol for a crowler today (or repose it seems) but got the BMF filled with some fresh yellow rose

turfman80
AG
Picked up a 4 pack of this new IPA from Boulevard. Very good!

Jock 07
AG
Had a Martin house salty lady today, not too bad
turfman80
AG
I said piss on the rain and made the trek to JK yesterday. The only problem... no mule to grab an extra MvB

turfman80
AG
dp
La Fours
AG
I also really liked Brazzle. Also, the name of the beer reminded me of this...

So of course I felt excitement and shame while drinking it.
maca1028
MW13
AG
quote:
I said piss on the rain and made the trek to JK yesterday. The only problem... no mule to grab an extra MvB

Whoa!
MW13
AG
Jah, I shared everything with 4 other JK virgins and we loved the repose. One guy liked the snorkel better but the other 3 thought it was good just not as good as repose.

We've also had bomb, apple brandy noir, ranger creek 10, dogfish 120, and a devine reserve 14.

The apple brandy noir and dogfish 120 were the favorites of that group but we liked everything. Those 2 were freakin great.

Thanks again.
jah003
S
quote:
Jah, I shared everything with 4 other JK virgins and we loved the repose. One guy liked the snorkel better but the other 3 thought it was good just not as good as repose.

We've also had bomb, apple brandy noir, ranger creek 10, dogfish 120, and a devine reserve 14.

The apple brandy noir and dogfish 120 were the favorites of that group but we liked everything. Those 2 were freakin great.

Thanks again.

Good to hear... Thanks for sharing the JK love. Repose is good stuff. I need to get a Snorkel stash going for this summer. It's a solid Gose.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Howdy,

Long time off/on lurker, first time poster. I recently started working at Growlers Montrose, which aside from a nice discount is beneficial for the collectors coming in opening their own bottles.

I had a chance to try this vintage Quad the other day and figured it qualified for my first actual post:

A little oxidized for sure, but only gave it a sherry-like quality and overall was delicious if you like that sort of thing.

Also grabbed myself some Abyss 2014 in a 32oz growler that I'll hold onto for a while. Still have a decent amount at the shop if anyone's interested!

maca1028
Welcome, good bunch of dudes here.
aggiemike02
AG
Solid. Will have to stop by and say hello
turfman80
AG
Inspector, is that the place on Waugh?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Yeah the same strip center as the CVS and Pei Wei around Waugh & Dallas.
FlyFish95
Any of you guys know if Revolver is distributed regularly in Houston yet? I only see it at Specs downtown and only see it in singles.
Mustang1
AG
Last week, Specs on wesylean had revolver in sixers.
Mustang1
AG
Dp
Jock 07
AG
Lazy Sunday

Whoop04
Anyone had any of the beer from Societe Brewing in San Diego? It popped up after I moved away, but am curious about trying it.
jh0400
AG
Fat Bao in Houston has Repose for $25. Is it good enough to spend that much to try it?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Factor in gas to get it yourself by driving to Austin and I'd say an upcharge of $7 is probably worth it. I haven't tried it yet, but I've got two bottles in the refrigerator that I picked up yesterday.
BSD
AG
quote:
Anyone had any of the beer from Societe Brewing in San Diego? It popped up after I moved away, but am curious about trying it.

I'm guessing you took last week off from reading this thread?
Whoop04
Posted before doing a search...like a newb. So what do you recommend from Societe?
jah003
S
quote:
Fat Bao in Houston has Repose for $25. Is it good enough to spend that much to try it?

I'd go for it...
NColoradoAG
Nice day in Northern Colorado. Hanging on the patio with some friends.

NColoradoAG
First beer I've had from Trillium (Boston). Pretty tasty. Citrusy, a little pine, very clean.

maca1028
I went for it at petrol with 2 bottles of repose and a crowler of grapefruit sculpin
gordo97
AG
Since we are nearing the end of "stout season", I picked up create-your-own sixer of stouts and discovered one of the best chocolate stouts I've ever had by Harpoon
First Page Last Page
Page 652 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.