Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,638 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by La Fours
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beer packaged in a carboard tube like a bottle of scotch? Haven't seen that before. Over the top IMO.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just got details for my Denver trip at the end of the month, I'll be staying at the Magnolia in downtown, any advice on bottle shops and bars in the area would be appreciated

Mr Bs and Argonaut. Like Mr Bs on Facebook as he posts everything. Stuff moves fast there. Argonaut is somewhat of a hike from the Magnolia. There is also a small bottle shop at The Source you can check out when you're at Crooked Stave.

Falling Rock has the best overall taplist. Skip the food. Fresh craft has the best food/beer mix. I like Euclid Hall a lot too, but turfman wasn't the biggest fan of my reco. Lucky Pie is decent. Star Bar is underrated but does not have food. I recommend taking a cab or UBER up to Hops and Pie. Definitely the best overall spot in the area.

There are a ton of breweries in the downtown area. Crooked Stave, Epic, River North, Great Divide, Our Mutual Fried, Ratio, Beryls, Jagged Mountain, Black Shirt. If I had to pick three it'd be Crooked Stave, River North, and Epic. I've been hearing really good things about Ratio. Two spots worth a drive from downtown are TRVE and Comrade.

I was told comrade is ridiculously crowded every night, is this true? Thinkin about swinging by for some superpower before I pick my wife up here in a couple weeks

It's true but I wouldn't let it deter you from stopping in.
maca1028
Thanks for the recs! I'll fit in what I can. NoCo, will I have much luck finding any bottles that were previously on the cellar reserve at the taproom?
defroach
An Open the Taps update. Looks like we could be in for a good legislative session - as long as at least some of these pass.

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=8adb971e4868e2c35e262b02e&id=537d561c09
NColoradoAG
quote:
Thanks for the recs! I'll fit in what I can. NoCo, will I have much luck finding any bottles that were previously on the cellar reserve at the taproom?

None of the bottles were sold to the public but they put the reserve beers on tap from time to time. There's a ton of stave bottles turding it up at the taproom and around town now that the reserve program is over.
maca1028
Stumbled upon FW anniversary at central market
maca1028
Good deal, that will most likely be the majority of what I try to bring back home along with any RRBC that I come across
62strat
AG
Yeh CStaves are everywhere now.. I got tired of seeing the same 3 or so they had while their society was active, nice to see I don't have to join to get em now.

I doubt you'll find RRs sitting on a shelf anywhere. Those get delivered, put on shelf, then are gone in an hours' time most places.

But you can always get Pliny on tap at Falling Rock, the most taps in Denver*

*Until the new Parry's opens in April with 120 beers on tap.
Jock 07
AG
I don't know how it works up there but Pliny typically bits here on Thursdays often the last Thursday of the month
62strat
AG
I think every store has their own individual delivery schedule. Store by me gets shipments on Fridays. They put new beers on shelf Friday about 3pm.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, coaltrain seems to get more shippments sometimes but the other two who get Pliny regularly here always gets them on Thursdays.
Bmac04
AG
So this showed up today. Probably the most excited I have ever been about getting a box of beer. Can't wait to open it.

La Fours
AG
Ho.lee sh.iit!!

Need the details. What did you trade for it?
Scriffer
AG
There's a chance I'm up that way for a wedding this summer. I'm assuming those are what I should bring back?
La Fours
AG
Colorado or Vermont?
Scriffer
AG
Vermont
maca1028
Has anyone had biere de Norma yet? One of my traders is offering to mule some for me in a couple of weeks. Is it worth $30 a bottle?
BSD
AG
Bmac, I have a bottle opener at my house if you want me to open it for you.
La Fours
AG
All the hill farmstead and heady topper.
Scriffer
AG
Good.

Goooooooooood.
Bmac04
AG
Traded a lot for it...a lot. But luckily had 2 other guys helping out.
gordo97
AG
Any good bottle shops in New Orleans?
army01
AG
quote:
Steins
Quincey P. Morris
AG
What about lake Charles?
maca1028
How is epics brainless series?
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:

Steins Deli is a good one. Also hit up Elios Wine Warehouse

The Bulldog (Uptown) is my favorite bar (and close to Steins) followed by Avenue Pub.
Scriffer
AG
I had Brainless on Peaches or whatever it's called, and it was almost undrinkable. Absolutely atrocious.

AggieOO and DaveAg were there and agreed.
dave99ag
AG
Thanks for bringing back that horrible memory.

Now you owe me some Hills Farmstead.
NColoradoAG
quote:

Amazeballs. Skip all the Colorado stuff when you're here and just load up on those.
AggieOO
finally got my hands on Sin Mint last night. That stuff is outstanding! But I think one a night is plenty.
army01
AG
quote:
Outside of Big Bad Baptist, I have found Epic to be rather lacking.
maca1028
Cool, so I'll save some money by skipping an "Epic" tap takeover tonight
AggieOO
quote:
I had Brainless on Peaches or whatever it's called, and it was almost undrinkable. Absolutely atrocious.

AggieOO and DaveAg were there and agreed.
<insert puking emoticon>
maca1028
i see what you did there
AggieOO
Hung out with some friends last night that moved to baltimore, and the topic came up of beer. She wants me to send some texas beers. Can anyone think of anything good from that area or that is distributed to Baltimore that I'd want to get my hands on? I've never been there, so not sure of what is there.
First Page Last Page
Page 643 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.