Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,057 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by SoTxAg
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:
Jah, who's leading your s**ty contest anyway? Or should I say your contest with my s**ty picks...

What if everyone ties with the 0 points?

Pretty sure MW13 has got it on lock down right now. He's the only one I can find that picked the NIT.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Regardless of the results, thanks for putting up the bottles and organizing the contest.

Anyone interested in doing something simliar for the NCAA Touranment i.e. Bottle Bracket Challenge...

Pot = bottles from participants, winner take all?
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I've been to one or two. I'll work on some Wicked Weed the next share. Have a friend in Asheville.

So you're the bad luck guy

I've been to the games all season, but this one really sucked. We had post-game beers to drown our sorrows of suckitude.
MW13
AG
quote:
quote:
Jah, who's leading your s**ty contest anyway? Or should I say your contest with my s**ty picks...

What if everyone ties with the 0 points?

Pretty sure MW13 has got it on lock down right now. He's the only one I can find that picked the NIT.
For once my pessimism might pay off! Unfortunate for the Ags that it played out that way but I had a bad feeling it would.
BattleReady
Aha! That would explain it then. Much appreciated. In that case:

I enjoyed a Monkey Knife Fight Pale Ale while cleaning house yesterday; just right with the hops, and a nice go-to pale overall. Currently sipping a Winter Spirit from Smithwick's, which is smooth but a little lacking in flavor.

Second question: which page is the Untappd spreadsheet on?
Hugo Stiglitzz
Watching A&M baseball for the first time this season, and enjoying this.

Bmac04
DallasAggie2012
AG
Here you go Battle: Untapped Usernames
AgEng06
AG
Just scored a Sucaba at my HEB. I would have liked two, but they had a 1 bottle limit.
NColoradoAG
Thanks jah003. You are the man.

jah003
S
quote:
Thanks jah003. You are the man.

Great minds...
jah003
S
DP... Stupid mobile...
MW13
AG
My brother in laws are in Katy right now where would be there best bet for finding some yellow rose?
maca1028
Any HEB or whole foods in Katy should have it
maca1028
DallasAggie2012
AG
Think alike?
BurnetAggie99
I like their Lily & Seamus.
Jock 07
AG
La Fours
AG
I take those Destihl beers are pretty good? Where is Destihl located?
Jock 07
AG
They're decent, not something I'd go out of my way for, and probably wouldn't buy them again. I might still check out the gose variant.
cpscAG06
AG
Hugo, I am sitting on a Cantillon Iris. How is it drinking?
Hugo Stiglitzz
I really liked it! My bottle was a year old.

What jumped out at me was the citrus and hoppy notes, my wife and I both agreed that it has a strong grapefruit/acidic taste, which I like, but her not so much (leaving more for me).

62strat
AG
Ahh the flanders red destihl is on shelves?? You're in Springs right Jock?

The Gose was great. Looking forward to each of their sour series. Hard to find a 4 pack of sours these days.
txag2008
AG
Illinois
maca1028
Just got details for my Denver trip at the end of the month, I'll be staying at the Magnolia in downtown, any advice on bottle shops and bars in the area would be appreciated
maca1028
Just noticed that crooked stave is a 6 minute drive from the hotel, that is most definitely happening
Kyle98
AG
My wife is headed to Orlando next week for work, I'm already going to have her get me some Jai Alai. Anything else I should have her look for that's not available here?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Just got details for my Denver trip at the end of the month, I'll be staying at the Magnolia in downtown, any advice on bottle shops and bars in the area would be appreciated

Mr Bs and Argonaut. Like Mr Bs on Facebook as he posts everything. Stuff moves fast there. Argonaut is somewhat of a hike from the Magnolia. There is also a small bottle shop at The Source you can check out when you're at Crooked Stave.

Falling Rock has the best overall taplist. Skip the food. Fresh craft has the best food/beer mix. I like Euclid Hall a lot too, but turfman wasn't the biggest fan of my reco. Lucky Pie is decent. Star Bar is underrated but does not have food. I recommend taking a cab or UBER up to Hops and Pie. Definitely the best overall spot in the area.

There are a ton of breweries in the downtown area. Crooked Stave, Epic, River North, Great Divide, Our Mutual Fried, Ratio, Beryls, Jagged Mountain, Black Shirt. If I had to pick three it'd be Crooked Stave, River North, and Epic. I've been hearing really good things about Ratio. Two spots worth a drive from downtown are TRVE and Comrade.
BSD
AG
I liked River North. I wish I had bought some of the BA bottles but we had too much other stuff to bring back so I passed.

I don't really remember TVUE. It was our last stop. I passed out moments later.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Ahh the flanders red destihl is on shelves?? You're in Springs right Jock?

The Gose was great. Looking forward to each of their sour series. Hard to find a 4 pack of sours these days.

Correct, they just showed up last week I believe
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:

Mr Bs and Argonaut. Like Mr Bs on Facebook as he posts everything. Stuff moves fast there. Argonaut is somewhat of a hike from the Magnolia. There is also a small bottle shop at The Source you can check out when you're at Crooked Stave.

Falling Rock has the best overall taplist. Skip the food. Fresh craft has the best food/beer mix. I like Euclid Hall a lot too, but turfman wasn't the biggest fan of my reco. Lucky Pie is decent. Star Bar is underrated but does not have food. I recommend taking a cab or UBER up to Hops and Pie. Definitely the best overall spot in the area.

There are a ton of breweries in the downtown area. Crooked Stave, Epic, River North, Great Divide, Our Mutual Fried, Ratio, Beryls, Jagged Mountain, Black Shirt. If I had to pick three it'd be Crooked Stave, River North, and Epic. I've been hearing really good things about Ratio. Two spots worth a drive from downtown are TRVE and Comrade.

I was told comrade is ridiculously crowded every night, is this true? Thinkin about swinging by for some superpower before I pick my wife up here in a couple weeks
dave99ag
AG
For a damn good breakfast in Denver, check out Snooze AM.
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
For a damn good breakfast in Denver, check out Snooze AM.
BSD
AG
Brunch at Rioja (downtown) is insanely good if you are there on a weekend.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Anybody had anything from Baladin before? Hall's just got these two reserve series barleywines (one aged in white wine barrels the other in red wine barrels), but they are 40 a pop. Wondering if it's worth it to try one since Baladin is supposed to be world class. Don't particularly want to throw down 40 bucks and get something mediocre though.
First Page Last Page
Page 642 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.